More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:16:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can this be true?
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can this be true?  (Read 15690 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Can this be true?
« on: 2007 October 13, 11:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That there is no hack on this site to allow player to enter owned community business lot to make decorative changes without the owner being hauled out of bed to attend to the edit?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Re: Can this be true?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 13, 11:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had to smile at that. I have given up with businesses. When I found that the owner had to be present for crafted goods to be restocked, I decided it just made a nonsense out of the whole concept. It's a pity there's no hack for that, either.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 13, 11:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That there is no hack on this site to allow player to enter owned community business lot to make decorative changes without the owner being hauled out of bed to attend to the edit?
No hack is believed to be necessary to do this, at least as of present engine version. Just enter into cheat console from neighborhood view: loadlot "<LOTNAME>"

Had to smile at that. I have given up with businesses. When I found that the owner had to be present for crafted goods to be restocked, I decided it just made a nonsense out of the whole concept. It's a pity there's no hack for that, either.
Pretty sure a hack was made for that by someone else, but the craftables business exploit is huge enough without restocking, since if you buy the store, and leave, all the items reload anyway. And if the owner isn't present, there's not much NEED to restock for this reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 13, 11:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I know half the available cheats!  I will try that thank you.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 13, 12:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, your explanation is all very well, but a business should actually earn money. Mr. and Mrs. Sim cannot jointly own a craftables business and it is stupid that, the deed holder, say Mr Sim, has to be there so shelves can be restocked. It just sucks that, even if the products are being crafted by minions on the premises during his absence, when the shop is managed by Mrs. Sim, the shelves will just get emptier and emptier.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 13, 17:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The business owner normally appears on the business lot anyway, though. What happened to yours?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 13, 19:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Mirelly means when another family member of the owner goes instead of the nominated owner.  They have some of the options of running the business but not all of them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 18, 22:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'd agree it's a bit stupid about the craftables, but furniture and other buyables work fine.  I think it must be an inventory issue - if the owner isn't on the lot, then neither is his/her inventory!

Zephyr Zodiac
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 19, 02:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then why not spawn the owner as an invisible object, the way the game does when you have a phone call?

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 19, 02:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, why not teleport him to the lot and make him selectable in debug mode?  Or, maybe, you won't even need to do that, if he brings his inventory with him!

Zephyr Zodiac
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 19, 18:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not necessary to teleport the owner if it's during regular calling hours.  If one of the family members goes to the lot first, and simply invites other family members by phone, they all become selectable by default.  The annoying thing though, is that there is no way for them to leave individually.  If one leaves, the whole shop closes and they all go home together.

Once back home though, only the first sim who left gets out of the car/cab.  The other family members are still found to be in bed, gardening, tending the children, or what have you.  Their needs are just as you left them, too.  It's as if they never left home, except that they have relevant memories from their day at the shop, and their asps have decayed or refreshed, as per events at the business.

I haven't tried to to whisk the invitees off lot with the teleporter shrub, but that would be a tidy solution, if you only need them for a short time.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 19, 19:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had a phase of playing OFB before Pets and Seasons distracted me, I used the teleporter a lot, and it's a lot quicker than using the phone.  And if teleporting them in brings their inventory with them, then you wouldn't need to make them selectable for restocking the crafted stuff, but if it doesn't work, then making them selectable should, I think, do it.

I don't know whether moving everything to the inventory of the family member you want to send to the business might work, but I rather think it wouldn't.

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 23, 03:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure a hack was made for that by someone else, but the craftables business exploit is huge enough without restocking, since if you buy the store, and leave, all the items reload anyway. And if the owner isn't present, there's not much NEED to restock for this reason.

Squinge made the hack that allows craftable items to be restocked without the owner present. Try sims2graveyard. If it's not there, I can provide it.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 23, 14:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have the business owner gift all crafted items in his inventory to the Sim who will be at the business and temporarily transfer lot ownership.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 23, 18:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have the business owner gift all crafted items in his inventory to the Sim who will be at the business and temporarily transfer lot ownership.

Well, I basically suggested the first idea, but the second one could cause problems if the original owner has the LTW 5 top businesses, and the Business concerned reaches the top while ownership is temporarily transferred, as the original owner would not get the memory.

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 23, 20:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but that could be avoided if you watched closely for it to hit level 9 and then transfered ownership back before it hit level 10.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 23, 20:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you transfer ownership while on a business lot to a sim not on that lot?  I just wondered, as it's something I never tried.

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 23, 21:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I have no idea. I haven't needed to use the lot ownership transfer feature very often.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 24, 00:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've even bothered with an owned business since Pets!

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 24, 03:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm more into home based businesses. Until BV I was way too impatient to wait for the lots to load. Now since I've been forced to hop lots frequently whilst my Sims are on vacation I don't mind waiting for loading so much so I really should play more community lot businesses. I've always wanted to have a Sim run a small family diner.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 24, 04:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't understand why it wasn't included in the home business options - after all, people in RL  often do "live over the shop" - pubs are a possible home business, but these days most pubs sell food.

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 24, 15:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess they like to leave certain things in game to be done in certain ways (which is lame and restrictive in my opinion) like how you can only get a puppy or kitten through breeding or over the phone when in reality you can get them from pet shops and we should be able to do so in game as well.

That is part of what I've always wanted to do, have a Sim live on a small lot over top of a diner they run. There are probably ways I can cheat or use mods to do it I just haven't bothered looking around to see if anyone in the community has made it possible to run a restaurant from home.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 24, 17:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess they like to leave certain things in game to be done in certain ways (which is lame and restrictive in my opinion) like how you can only get a puppy or kitten through breeding or over the phone when in reality you can get them from pet shops and we should be able to do so in game as well.

That is part of what I've always wanted to do, have a Sim live on a small lot over top of a diner they run. There are probably ways I can cheat or use mods to do it I just haven't bothered looking around to see if anyone in the community has made it possible to run a restaurant from home.

So many things that were possible in Sims1 just haven't been included in Sims2.  Kids rush out to greet returning parents, but in Sims 1 it was the family dog - a much more realistic scenario!  How many kids do you know who rush away from whatever they're doing to hug a parent they haven't seen for all of eight hours?

I'm pretty sure you can find the mods you are looking for over, maybe at MTS2?  But why not, for the moment, make a pub instead, and get the buffet tables from Paladin (www.simwardrobe.com) which can be arranged in one room of the pub as a self-service dining room?  The customers are automatically charged for their meals, and there is even a hack over there to make visitors hungrier so they want to eat more!

Zephyr Zodiac
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 24, 22:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's definitely a good point. Kids act that way towards a grandparent or aunt/uncle who spoils them but not after only an eight hour absence. In general, though, I've always felt that the Pets EP seems to be missing something. Dogs don't bring slippers or fetch the newspaper, which is a big disappointment. The lack of a covered litter box is also disappointing. I doubt many cat owners use non covered litter pans still.

Thanks for the tip about the buffet tables! I haven't been to Sim Wardrobe in ages. Doing things that way would definitely be less work. It says "This unique buffet table system will allow you to serve any of the group meals in the game". I assume that means it does not include the non restaurant specific foods?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 25, 03:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think it does include at least some of them.  The Replicator definitely does.

Around the Sims has a nice covered litter box.  And yes, I'd agree that most people would have them from choice - unfortunately, my Maine Coon has always regarded them in the same light as a cat transporter, and will only SLEEP in them!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: