More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 21, 07:54:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540279 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6539 Members
Latest Member: LittleBill
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's in Analysislog.sr0?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's in Analysislog.sr0?  (Read 8033 times)
TishaKtz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What's in Analysislog.sr0?
« on: 2007 October 12, 10:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, the EA official solution to the securom issue requires analysislog.sr0 file to be emailed, but I don't want to send out the info without knowing what the log contains.  After 10 pages of google results I haven't found anything that doesn't reference tech support pages for various programs that use the damn securom crap--ie, 'if you're having problems email this log to us."  But no further information.  So, do I generate and send this log or not? 

S2 BBS Name = KtzMwzz
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: What's in Analysislog.sr0?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 10:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't. It contains all manner of personal information about your computer, which is why it is encrypted into an unreadable format: So others cannot discover that it contains all their personal data. Giving to them will simply reveal all of your personal data and not do anything to solve your problems. It is simply an information harvesting trick, nothing more. Do not fall for this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: What's in Analysislog.sr0?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 17, 21:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's time the civil liberties groups got involved and started lobbying governments to make the whole Secure-ROM program illegal!  (For a policeman here in the UK trying to gather information on potential terrorists, this kind of information gathering would bring the wrath of the Old Bailey on his head!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: