More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:04:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims can't interact with the policeman
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims can't interact with the policeman  (Read 13807 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: My sims can't interact with the policeman
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 17, 20:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That works too, although a bit expensive. Wink  If it's a cop do you manage to talk to them before they leave the lot, unlike when they've arrested the burglar?

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 17, 21:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, but you have to be quick about it. I have also talked to them when they come to arrest, but only when they have lost the fight, not when they make an arrest. Also if you can manage to let the robber out of the car, the cop automatically knows you as well as the robber, the cop will be furious and the robber will like you.

Rather than write another new reply...

I havent tried to let the robber out of the car since installing the patch (NL). I know it worked before the patch though. I suppose you could think of the fine for the emergency prank as about the same as calling the gypsy for a date. Except of course the cop will be furious at you, but hey at least you will "know" him/her. Usually when I dont get my way with an uncontrollable sim I just remove the doors until they give up and comply. (its still kind of cheating for legacy, but I am not using a mod so I figure its fair game)
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 21:21:45 by nectere » Logged
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 17, 21:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you let the robber out of the car with NL?  I'm wondering if since the robbery opens up a relationship with your sims they didn't change that option.  Since putting in the original patch I've tried everything under the sun to get my sims to either let the burglar out of the car or talk to the cops to no avail.  I've even saved at critical moments and re-loaded that house.  Still no good.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 17, 22:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I've tried too. Many times and to the point where I would pause ever half second and click lol! I just can't get to do it no matter how hard or how many times I've tried.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 17, 22:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I've tried too. Many times and to the point where I would pause ever half second and click lol! I just can't get to do it no matter how hard or how many times I've tried.

Same here, I wasted so much time on that in the past that I forgot about it.  There is a chance anyway that the policeman will pass by on a community lot so I decided to meet them there instead.  As for the burglar, Dustin Broke knows one of them when you start the game.

With Nightlife we start a relation on a bad foot with the burglar but it is better than nothing I guess.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 17, 22:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than write another new reply...

I havent tried to let the robber out of the car since installing the patch (NL). I know it worked before the patch though. I suppose you could think of the fine for the emergency prank as about the same as calling the gypsy for a date. Except of course the cop will be furious at you, but hey at least you will "know" him/her. Usually when I dont get my way with an uncontrollable sim I just remove the doors until they give up and comply. (its still kind of cheating for legacy, but I am not using a mod so I figure its fair game)

I figure Legacy family or no, if the game's broken I'll fix it any way I see fit.  Grin  I do walk my own fine line with that, though, as in my sims can't just pick up their phone book and call any sim in the neighborhood without actually having the opportunity to have met them first (like the chat on the computer not working, or not being able to talk to the cop).

By the way, has anyone noticed how the whole relationship with the burglar thing goes after NL?  It's very bizarre.  Your sim is furious, of course, with the burglar and their meter works its way up toward zero.  However, once it reaches zero it doesn't stop like it should.  It just keeps on climbing.  I'd been having my sim call the burglar and talking to him off and on and she did eventually make friends with him, but at that point her relationship was already at 100/97.

FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 18, 02:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, has anyone noticed how the whole relationship with the burglar thing goes after NL?  It's very bizarre.  Your sim is furious, of course, with the burglar and their meter works its way up toward zero.  However, once it reaches zero it doesn't stop like it should.  It just keeps on climbing.  I'd been having my sim call the burglar and talking to him off and on and she did eventually make friends with him, but at that point her relationship was already at 100/97.

I noticed that too - my sim had called the burglar to chat once, and then next time I happened to look at her relationship score with him, it was 100/80 - I thought that must be a negative score, but when I looked more closely, no, it was positive.  How to win friends and influence people: rob them! Roll Eyes
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 18, 08:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the looks of things one of the burglars will be my Legacy heir's next spouse.  They were robbed again, this time by another burglar and if Braun carries the crown he's going to have one cute wife!  If Bianca does she'll have, well, maybe she won't marry a burglar--she might go after the grocery guy and save the cute burglar for a later generation. Wink

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 18, 18:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I was playing just now and saw a cop npc who none of my sims have been able to meet walk by a downtown community lot. He didn't go in, he just walked by, but I could interact with him so I suppose there's a chance, albeit fairly rare, of meeting them that way.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 18, 18:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always look for opportunities like that but the weird thing is since installing NL I've yet to see an NPC walk down the sidewalk on a regular community lot and have seen very few even on Downtown lots.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 18, 18:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I posted that I went back and played for a few minutes. I just had a gardener walk by and in the past I've had nannies and professors walk by quite a bit. It is really random and odd. Sometimes I'll play for hours and won't see them, other times I'll see several in a row. Those vampires are a pain in the ass too. When I am looking for them they never show up and when I am not then they are around.  Tongue This is the first time I saw a cop though.

Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 18, 18:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having trouble getting one of my sims to meet one of the vampires, so I created a new downtown community lot with visitor turnover in mind.  It had four expresso bars and no bathrooms (or shrubs, for that matter).  It worked very well.

---
Torkle
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 18, 18:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  The NPCs walking by is random.  They cycle with the regular Townies and Downtownies, which is another good reason not to have too many of those in your hood if you're wanting to meet service workers. Wink

I've noticed that vampires show up on the chat on the computer quite often during daylight hours, of all times!  So far I haven't had much trouble meeting them.  However, in the neighborhood I'm now playing so far I've only ran into one of them.

I learned quickly about creating high turnover in regular community lots.  Merola's multi-painting is quite useful.  Visitors don't use the restrooms on those lots so all you need to do is drain their bladder.  Cruel, I know, but it works! LOL  Unfortunately, without Uni I can't put coffee shops anywhere.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: