More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 03:03:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims can't interact with the policeman
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims can't interact with the policeman  (Read 13882 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
My sims can't interact with the policeman
« on: 2005 October 15, 18:27:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very possible this is caused by one of the mods in my game because it's been happening since before NL, but reading the burglary thread and the fact that a couple of my sims were burgled last night and had another failed attempt at interacting with the policeman jarred my memory so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone else has had this problem.

I try during the whole time the cop is on the lot to interact with him without success.  Previously once he arrested the burglar, my sims could talk with the cop but now, although the option is active, they just follow him around trying to talk to him while he walks aimlessly around his car like he can't find the door, then he gets into the car and drives away.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: My sims can't interact with the policeman
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 18:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the same problem, even before NL.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 19:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was saying--this started pre-NL.

Do you have mods in your game?  I'm wondering if it could be related to something I put in my game, and like I was saying just hadn't given it much thought and haven't taken the time to test it through because, well, it's kind of hard to know when a burglary is going to happen. LOL

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 19:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was saying--this started pre-NL.

Do you have mods in your game?  I'm wondering if it could be related to something I put in my game, and like I was saying just hadn't given it much thought and haven't taken the time to test it through because, well, it's kind of hard to know when a burglary is going to happen. LOL
Yeah, I have a bunch of mods, but I haven't tried taking them out, and I haven't had any burglaries since NL.  I never got them much anyway.  From what I understood, your sims have to go to bed within a certain window of time, and mine are usually up past that.  You can force a burglary if you want to test with debug mode.  Enter boolprop testingcheatsenabled into the cheat window, and then shift click on the mailbox.  Choose "Make NPC... Burglar."  Soon a burglar will visit your lot.  (It doesn't actually make a new burglar, it uses one that's already made.)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 20:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a VERY annoying bug introduced in University. Not fixed in NL and not fixed in either the University or NL patch.

If you make the cop selectable you will see that many multiple leave the lot interactions keep getting queued up continuously over and over again infinitely until he leaves. If your sim tries to interact with his, the leave the lot actions will push forward past your sims interaction and eventually completely knock it out of the queue.

My hunch is this is a really badly implemented attempt to fix the issue pre-university where sometimes the cops would just get stuck on your lot and never leave.

Another obnoxious bug university introduced that still hasn't been fixed and annoys the crap out of me is that since university 9 times out of 10 when your sims chat online with someone they haven't met, they don't actually meet the person.  Angry The computer used to be a great way for popularity sims to meet someone new but now chatting on it is basically just a waste of time.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 15, 20:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another obnoxious bug university introduced that still hasn't been fixed and annoys the crap out of me is that since university 9 times out of 10 when your sims chat online with someone they haven't met, they don't actually meet the person.  Angry The computer used to be a great way for popularity sims to meet someone new but now chatting on it is basically just a waste of time.
I've been using Monique's computer over at MTS2, and it has a lot of neat functions, including an improved chat social online and with email.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 15, 20:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She cloned if off the uni computer and it has the same problem with meeting sims. I have her computer too.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 15, 20:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I don't have Uni but like I said it happened before NL.  I'm thinking probably when I patched my game.

So, since it's a game bug, then I think it would be within all fairness to use the mind control mirror, grab hold of the cop and let him 'talk' to my sim in my Legacy Challenge family. Right?  I know I'm right!  Grin

I've had that chatting problem in my game for a long time, too, and now that you mention it, it was post-original-patch.  Sometimes my sim meets the other and sometimes not.  It's really irritating.  If that's the case, this could be another place where a game mod is called for.  I installed the one where they can call anyone in the neighborhood, like a normal phone book.  In my Legacy family I simply don't allow them to call sims unless they've actually met them.  However, if they try to chat with them on the computer and it doesn't work, I think using the 'phone book' would be justified.

I know I use too many hacks for my Legacy families to actually qualify, but I just get too frustrated without them but I do try to stay within the boundaries of the rules as much as possible.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 15, 20:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was the patch then. All I know is with the original TS2 game out of the box with no addons or patches this problem didn't exist. Though the problem with the cop sometimes not leaving the lot did.  Undecided If it's not one thing, it's another.  Tongue

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 15, 21:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't interact with the policemen and with the burglar - it's not a mod you have, you just can't...Smiley. Why? I don't know, but it's from the beginning of TS2.

But if you have the Merola's Mind Control Mirror, you can "force" the cop to interact with you. Even a small talk with him will enable you later to phone him and befriend him.

I did it once or twice, thinking that I will get better relation with him, when he busts my kid. But no - I got lectured as always, and our friendship score was reduced by 7 points...Smiley.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 15, 23:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I definitely interacted with the cops when I first got the game before the first patch, before uni, before any hacks etc. I even moved one in and had one of my sims marry him.

As for the burglars, as NL any time they commit a crime your sim automatically knows them and is furious with them (even if they were sleeping at the time; I guess the cop or a witness told them about it Wink ). Prior to NL I never had a burglary so I really can't say. I know the Prima guide claimed you could open the car door and let them out after the cop catches them and meet them that way. As of NL you can't do that, but I am unsure whether or not you could really do this prior to NL or Prima was just blowing smoke out of their asses like they have on a lot of other things.

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 15, 23:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it wa glitchy, some people could do it and some couldn't.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 15, 23:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cop? That's odd. I could do it 100% of the time initially when I first got the game but something along the way either the patch or uni changed that and now I can never interact with them since. Sad

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 15, 23:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

letting the burglar out I meant.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 16, 00:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I was able to talk to the cop when I first got TS2, but I think the patch is when it changed.  I never was able to let the burglar out, but that never appealed to me anyway.  Using Merola's mirror didn't seem to help because when I tried it just now by forcing a burglar (in the middle of the day!) the cop just kept heading for the car as Motoki said.  When I canceled his Get in Cop Car actions, he then decided to Leave World by walking off the sidewalk portal.  I wondered what would become of the car and the burglar, but the car vanished soon after, leaving the burglar suspended in midair in the sitting position for a moment, then she too vanished.  I quit without saving.  My sim chased the cop all over the place but could never get a word with him other than the police giving him $3,000 something for his stolen hot tub.  That's another thing.  The burglar made it all the way to the back yard to steal the hot tub before the police caught up wtih her.  My sims had a memory of meeting the burglar and were furious with her, but they had no memory of meeting the cop or have him in their relationship panel.  Seems they would have met the cop too and maybe had a relationship boost since they had -100/-100 toward the burglar and the cop caught her.  Argh.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 16, 02:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the original Sims 2 I was able to meet both cops AND burglars.  And if you let the burglar out of the back of the car, it trashed your relationship with the cop, which I thought was pretty funny. Smiley

I haven't been able to talk to a cop in a while, even tho I've tried lots of time.  I don't know about burglars tho, as it was only a couple of seconds where you could click on the cop car door to let them out.  I figured if I couldn't get the option, my timing was off. 

Also, it takes at least two people at home to release the burglar.  One for the cop to come back inside to talk to when you get your reward, the other to stay by the door to let the burglar out of the car.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 16, 12:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh believe me, on multiple occasions (I have Dizzy's weekly burglar hack now and get burgled quite a bit) I have had 2 or more sims on a lot and awake during a robbery and had my trigger finger over that damned car door from the second the cop put the burglar in there to the second he left and I kept pausing and unpausing trying to get the timing right. At least in my game, it no longer works, which isn't actually a huge deal because with NL everyone automatically meets the burglar. And anyhow, even if you let him out, your sim is furious with him at -100/-100 so not a very good start for a friendship. Wink

I suppose it could be the hack, as I've not tried with a burglary without for the simple reason that I've never gotten a burglary without it.  Tongue  I did scan the code of the hack though and while I fully admit I'm no Pescado TS2 codemaster it didn't appear as though anything to do with the cop or cop car.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 16, 12:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect letting a burglar out of the cop car has been removed, as you no longer need to do that to meet the burglar.  As for why we can't talk to the cop now, I'm totally mystified.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 16, 13:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is it was a quick fix to the problem of the cops getting stuck on the lot and not leaving. When I first got the game I had one who wouldn't leave and he just kept standing there and eventually peeing himself and passing out in his own filth and crying.

Thing is, if it was an intentional fix, it's worse than the problem it fixed because at least if they got stuck on the lot you could delete them with move objects.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 16, 14:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is it was a quick fix to the problem of the cops getting stuck on the lot and not leaving. When I first got the game I had one who wouldn't leave and he just kept standing there and eventually peeing himself and passing out in his own filth and crying.

Thing is, if it was an intentional fix, it's worse than the problem it fixed because at least if they got stuck on the lot you could delete them with move objects.

Seems to be a bit of a habit. Fixing things that already have satisfactory community workarounds that don't cause any of the problems of the official fixes. Like the NL Pollination Technicians thing. Grr. No, I'm not bitter.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 16, 14:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try during the whole time the cop is on the lot to interact with him without success.  Previously once he arrested the burglar, my sims could talk with the cop but now, although the option is active, they just follow him around trying to talk to him while he walks aimlessly around his car like he can't find the door, then he gets into the car and drives away.
That's exactly the same behavior that I've seen (and my Romance Sim really wanted to meet the cop, too!).  This was definitely pre-NL, and with no hacks or patches installed.  It may even have been pre-Uni, I forget...

DC
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 16, 20:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't interact with the policemen and with the burglar - it's not a mod you have, you just can't...Smiley. Why? I don't know, but it's from the beginning of TS2.

That wasn't the case in my game at all.  One of my sims married Demi Love, one of the default policeman.  At one point, one of my sims let the burglar out of the car.  This was all pre-patch.

Now, of course, it's not necessary to let out the burglar because as soon as your sim gets the memory for the burglary, they also get a memory for having met the burglar and he/she then shows in their relationship panel.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 17, 00:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, of course, it's not necessary to let out the burglar because as soon as your sim gets the memory for the burglary, they also get a memory for having met the burglar and he/she then shows in their relationship panel.
I think that since they made this happen for the burglar, then that's all the more reason they should meet the cop since they actually talk to them when they tell them about their insurance money.  I have to resort to hacks to get my romance sim to meet the cop and ask him for a date.   Undecided
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 17, 20:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that since they made this happen for the burglar, then that's all the more reason they should meet the cop since they actually talk to them when they tell them about their insurance money.  I have to resort to hacks to get my romance sim to meet the cop and ask him for a date.   Undecided

That's an excellent point as you're right--the cop does actually 'talk' to the sim, even if they slept through the whole thing!  I'm resorting to mods, too, because of the chat feature on the computer not working all the time and the cop problem.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 17, 20:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prank call an emergency to meet the service people.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: