More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:28:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Manually deleting all characters?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Manually deleting all characters?  (Read 26405 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Manually deleting all characters?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 17, 09:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, don is a fantastic dad, although in my game the most he's ever had in any version has been twins!  But he's also a great grandad as well, and often makes best friends with a toddler grandchild before their parents do (I say grandchildren, but this is in the game where he's married to Brandi, so they're actually HER grandchildren - but she doesn't ever bother to visit!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 17, 11:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, wow, Don married to Brandi...That's a combination I never considered!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 17, 14:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works!  She wants it as much as he does!  I realised it in one version of my game where she got a job in the medical profession, and even though he was married to someone else, she kept ON coming home with him (or her) after work, and swooning over him more than normal!  Since he's far more active than her, he has time to hear kids read and stuff like that, he's not always lounging on the sofa playing SSX3!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 18, 04:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little update on the last test I am running.  In the neighborhood I created yesterday which seems to run fine,  a problem I had reappeared which was not able to load house in which there were Sims in before I did a deleteallcharacters (in a college neighborhood). 

So I rolled up my sleeves and decided to start another and last neighborhood instead (that is for test part) and place back my back-up and recreate again a new neighborhood.  For the loading house part it worked (in college neighborhood), but an important thing is that I notice (and I have no idea if it was like that before Nightlife) if you create a custom neighborhood, add a pre-made Maxis University and downtown section you must do the deleteallcharacters in University neighborhood view otherwise it seems that there is no way to load lots in which there were Sims before I did that code (well that is in my game).

I will keep you posted for the rest of the test.  What I have left to do is:  add regular townie, NPC, downtown townie and Univeristy townie, create a few sims and see if the LTW/aspiration mix-up will happen again or not.

I will keep you posted with the result.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 18, 06:31:34 by Missdoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 18, 06:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense and explains my lack of problems as I simply loaded my custom hood, added the university and loaded it, then did deleteAllCharacters.  None of the campus houses or facilities have failed to load.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 18, 14:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far so good, I created all the townies and NPC (except for the Ep2 NPC).  Created 1 Sim and it did not have mixed aspriation/LTW like it used too.

I took that Sim downtown so the game would start generate the downtown NPC and it worked fine.

Tonight I will create more Sims in both regular and University neighborhoods and hope for the best.

I really wish tonight I will do my last post in regards of this since I really like the last neighborhood I created.

Crossing fingers  Grin
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 18, 17:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, thank you so much for the tutorial for removing characters with SimsPE.  I'll have to wait for v.49 to be released to the general public, too, but I have a whole Sim Bin full of boring Sims I created.  I almost feel sorry for them, like they are stuck in Sims Purgatory, but I don't want them breeding/interacting/fighting/kicking trash cans in my neighborhood anymore.  This one I hope to keep going past the 3rd generation before it's FUBAR'ed. 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 19, 00:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, I've been trying to pm you, but your inbox is apparently full. Anyway, I haven't messed around with my characters, yet, because I had an unfortunate "disappearing neighborhood" problem I've been trying to fix. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 19, 13:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bring the character up in Sim Description and highlight them, then click on "Window" at the top left, then Resource Actions.  Click on Delete Character in the BOTTOM box (Plugin) and follow the instructions.  Takes a few seconds and it wipes out the entire character - they disappear from the game, everyone's relationship panel and all their memories go, including invisible ones.  Total and utter annihilation and completely painless!
Ancient Sim

I tried this (I have version 49) but no Resource Actions could I find!  HELP!  (Also tried finding the tutorial at SimPE Forum, but could only find a very basic one on editing sims, the one you mention may be somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Zephyr Zodiac
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 19, 14:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a tiny little side tab all the way at the top right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 19, 14:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just had a look but I can't find it anywhere!  I guess I need some new glasses!

Just thought, maybe I needed a later version than .35 before I got the .49 update?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 14:17:10 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 19, 14:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too! I'm also blind. I hate to be a pain in the ass, but can someone post a picture or very detailed instructions for dummy's how to find it?

Maybe it's the layout I have going or my resolution size that is hiding it but I honestly cannot find it to save my life and it's driving me nuts! lol

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 19, 14:17:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm well ZephyrZodiac AncientSim said it should be in the "Window" toolbar menu dropdown, its not there either? I am at work so I cant look at it right now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 19, 14:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never said that!  I quoted Ancient Sim!  I can't find it either!

Anyway, I've turned Goopy and all his townie mates into babies for now, just hope it still works.  At least my playable sims won't be meeting that lot at school, but until I play Downtown I'm not too sure who are playables and who aren't.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 14:25:09 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 19, 14:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

fat finger day
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 19, 14:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Under Window I have the following:

New Document Container
Resource Actions
Filter Resources
Plugin View
Resource Tree
Wrapper Information
Hex Editor
Object Workshop
Resource Information
Resource Finder
Package Details
Number Converter
Package Information

I tried looking through all of those but I just cannot seem to find it.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 19, 14:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even have Window 1! Cry

Which edition of SimPE do you have?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 14:54:13 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 19, 15:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guys, you want to select "Resource Actions" under the "Window" option.  You're almost there  Grin

Zephyr, are you sure you have the QA version?  The one you have to sign up for and get approved for?  I was confused at first too, until I realized I had the released version of SimPE (which is 48), not the QA version, which is 49.

If you have the QA version, you'll see an option, at the very top of SimPE.  It goes across, starting with "File" then "Tools" then "Extra" then "Window" then "Help."  You want the "Window" option.  Click on that, then select "Resource Actions" from the menu that drops down.  A new window will open up on the right hand side, and on that menu, under "Plug Ins" is an option to delete.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 19, 15:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought I had 49 (I've been signed up for ages) and checked, and I have!  But as i said, I don't have 48, 47 etc., I have been using .35 up to now, and it's still installed, but the two seem to be working separately.  I couldn't really decide what I was supposed to do with 49, as it didn't come with an installer, so I just stuck it in Program files and stuck a shortcut on the desktop.  Other things seem to be working, though - like it doesn't take so long to load stuff, and I get a different icon showing when I run Sim Browser.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 19, 15:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have version 49v. Okay, I think I found it. I actually had the resource actions enabled but it's in one of those little hide away bars that you have to click on. I must say I don't know if I care for SimPE's newer interface.  Tongue

So basically, you select the character from either the sim browser or sim description on the left hand column and then just hit delete and it deletes every single trace that that character ever existed including memories? And there's been no issues with doing this?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 19, 15:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish, as I'd posted in another thread, that when Maxis put in that enable?disable for custom content at the start of your game that they'd done the same for townies!  So much easier to just disable them!

The version I downloaded (only yesterday) is called SimPE Classic.  But it's also called .49.2117.26100. and just has the old File/Tools/Plugins/Help windows at the top left hand of the page.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 15:38:55 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 19, 15:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should come with 2 executables, one for the "classic" interface and one for the new one. The one I am looking at is the new one and is "SimPE.exe"

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 19, 15:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember with that dl coming two interfaces, classic and new.

Motoki, from what Ancient said, there are some secondary memories you will need to watch for. i.e a sim had first kiss with the deleted character, or a sim had two or more loves etc with the deleted character.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 19, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then for some reason I don't have it all. I'll try downloading again!

Correction - I do have it - just didn't see it!  I definitely need new glasses!

Hey!  I've doneit!  He's gone!!!!!  I shall now execute a happy war dance!
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 16:04:52 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 19, 15:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, as far as I know, yes, that's all you do.  Like I said, I haven't had any problems, but YMMV.  Also, make sure you select the "delete" option under "Plug Ins" - not the first one.

Zephyr, that shouldn't matter (which old version you have).  The problem might be that you're running the "Classic" interface version.  Look in the folder where you unzipped the QA version of SimPE to - there should be another .exe file called SimPe.exe.  Run that one instead of the Classic.exe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: