More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:03:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Manually deleting all characters?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Manually deleting all characters?  (Read 26402 times)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: Manually deleting all characters?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 15, 23:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooooh great. My brother made some legacy families in my game and then deleted them but their useless character files are still clogging my game. And he also made a family to test a hacked object he downloaded (without my permission no less).

I'd love to be able to delete them but unfortunately, some of my sims still have memoriies of them, especailly the one legacy family that was around for a while.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 15, 23:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting those jagged line things, so I obviously didn't do something right when I tried deleting characters, myself. I'll be damned if I can find the mistake on my own. And here Simpe has been able to do this since .49 has been out? I feel a bit...dumb.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 16, 01:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the SimPE website, I only see the download for the .48 version - no .49 version.  Is that available someplace not-obvious that i'm not looking?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 16, 01:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.49 is the QA version. You have to be a member of the QA group to download it. I don't think it's available to the general public, is it? I never tried before signing up for QA.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 16, 01:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used DeleteAllCharacters after creating a neighorhood, college and downtown.  Mostly I was interested in having reasonable character names using one of the normal names hacks.

I was able to force generation of townies, NPC's and downtownies with no problems.  But no dormies were generated until I actually sent a Sim to uni.  Enough dormies were made to fill the dorm, maybe a few more.  My Sim's College Directory was empty, however.  Made a second Sim, moved him into another dorm, he had all the dormies from the first dorm in his college directory.  Both SS members mentioned below moved into his dorm too. Smiley

Here's where it gets interesting:  After creating my first Sim and letting the dorm fill, I sent her to a community lot with 4 band instruments, and she was joined by several Sims, all from her dorm except two secret society members.  The dormies got on the instruments and I expected to have to listen to horrible sounds, but they were great!  Obviously they all had reasonably high creativity skills, at least around 5, going by the amount they got in tips.  I don't think I've even seen a dormie start with any creativity skills.

I'm gonna have to check the dormies with Merola's mirror to see what other surprises they hold.

Also, learned something new:  asking another Sim if they like what they see, if you ask them twice you get to see both their turn-ons.  Or their turn-off, if it's appropriate.  "Naw, I like fat chicks."  That one cracked me up. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 16, 03:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Hook and Zephyr, I thought I should let you know of my little experiences of today.  Though I said by reinstalling it seems to be ok (I only tested Veronaville) after I created a custom neighborhood I added a University and downtown then delete all characters, I ended up with the same aspiration/LTW I had in the past, they did not match.  That was after I add all the neeeded NPC and townie in all neighborhoods of the game. Sad  I've never actually run into any problem creating those NPC or townie, the problems started afterward when I created my first YA, they both did not had matching aspiration/LTW.

In order to have the game create all the 50 University townies, you must create a Sim you move into a private house and then use the boolprop to "dpg create townies", it will create only University townie, in regular neighbohrood it wont create either University townie or NPC.  You can create downtown townies and NPC downtown while on regular neighborhood.   

I've been doing experiments all day, now the one I am into right now is in a custom neighborhood I created, I added only a downtown section, I will now delete all characters, regenerate them with boolprop then create a custom University section.  I will keep you posted on the result of that test.

Hook you would be very kind to check the aspiration of the YA and regular neighborhood Sims you created and let me know if in your case they have matching aspiration/LTW.

I don't mind doing those test since I did a back-up of my Sims 2 folder right after I install the game so I can place it back at any time and start doing more test. Thanks  Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 04:26:51 by Missdoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 16, 03:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's odd that you keep getting this mismatch of LTWs.  I've got a neighbourhood which I've been playing recently, deleted All Townies, have notownieregenertion installed.  All my sims have matching LTWs with their aspirations.  The only odd thing that happens is with Autoyak, when they've scrolled through the list of their friends, they end up talking to an invisible sim, and when I look in FSSDebugger it shows the clear all offworld loiterers, which I do, and the sim puts the phone down!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 16, 03:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have Nightlife don't forget so maybe it could explain it? Huh I sure hope so, I am waiting for Hook reply because I think he/she have Nightlife install and the patch that goes with it.

Or maybe it is because I am doing it at all once, delete them, recreate them and add a bunch of Sims I don't know  Undecided.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 04:27:58 by Missdoh » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 16, 04:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to think it's Nightlife.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 16, 06:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Sigh* It did not work either, the 1st Sim I created had again unmatch aspiration/LTW, even worst, I went in Pleasantview and loaded the Dreamer house for the 1st time and the father which is a knowledge Sim ended up with a LTW of having 6 grandchildren.  Oh well I tried about everything I could think of... maybe Nightlife does not like when we delete the characters of downtown...

I will keep the townies that comes with the custom neighborhoods until someone found a way to get around this.

No hack, mod or custom stuff is causing this since I don't have any in my game.

I hope all these tests can and will be useful to others so I will at least know I did not waste my time doing all this  Wink  I am too much of a perfectionist I guess lol.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 16, 06:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure people will find what you've discovered to be useful!  Have you tried altering their LTWs?   Be careful if you decide to do it in simPE - they don't in my experience get permaplat if you do - you get the message that they have achieved it, but it doesn't materialise!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 16, 11:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Missdoh.  I created two YA popularity Sims, both had reasonable wants.  One wanted to be a General, which works for popularity.  The other I don't remember, but it didn't seem odd.  I'll let you know next time I fire up the game.  Both of these YA Sims were created after I installed the Nightlife patch.

The adult was created before the patch as popularity and had a normal LTW.  After she got married I changed her aspiration to Family and she had a want to graduate 3 children from college.  Her hubby was a townie, he had a normal family want to marry off 6 children.  These Sims won't be achieving their lifetime wants. Smiley

The couple's daughter had a normal LTW for popularity as well.

I haven't checked the LTW's of all the newly generated dormies, but I did check their skills, and they all had a few points in every skill, the most in creativity which was normally around 5.

I wish I'd known to use DBG Force Create Townies in the Uni neighborhood.  As it is they are being created as needed which seems to be working.  I'd go ahead and create the rest if someone can assure me it will work ok;  i.e. not delete the ones I already have and not make way too many.

Hook

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 16, 14:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh. Townies. Say, that'd make a good pokemon spinoff. GOTTA NUKE 'EM ALL! Maybe I should put that on my list of "bad anime parodies to do with the sims."

This deletion feature has finally convinced me to join the QA. The e-mail was in German, but I can read "click here" in just about any language. Heh.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 16, 14:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure people will find what you've discovered to be useful!  Have you tried altering their LTWs?   Be careful if you decide to do it in simPE - they don't in my experience get permaplat if you do - you get the message that they have achieved it, but it doesn't materialise!

Yes I did when I 1st notice it was happening but I used the renuyu-U, by making Sim choose an aspiration related with the lifetime showing it was ok afterwad, I could make them change over and over and they add LTW/aspiration.  I just don't understand why the game gives strange LTW/aspiration all of a sudden after the creation of a custom neighborhood and deleteallcharacters.  Well maybe I am just too much of a perfectionist but the only thing that bothers me is the fact they have those mixed-up LTW/aspiration and I don't know if it can in any way affect the game or not.  If not I will stop thinking about that and enjoy it instead.  Cheesy

I don't have SimPe, have no idea how it works though they have great tutorials on their website, I just want to see if the game by itself can handle it without having to use external tools.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 14:50:35 by Missdoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 16, 14:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Missdoh.  I created two YA popularity Sims, both had reasonable wants.  One wanted to be a General, which works for popularity.  The other I don't remember, but it didn't seem odd.  I'll let you know next time I fire up the game.  Both of these YA Sims were created after I installed the Nightlife patch.

The adult was created before the patch as popularity and had a normal LTW.  After she got married I changed her aspiration to Family and she had a want to graduate 3 children from college.  Her hubby was a townie, he had a normal family want to marry off 6 children.  These Sims won't be achieving their lifetime wants. Smiley

The couple's daughter had a normal LTW for popularity as well.

I haven't checked the LTW's of all the newly generated dormies, but I did check their skills, and they all had a few points in every skill, the most in creativity which was normally around 5.

I wish I'd known to use DBG Force Create Townies in the Uni neighborhood.  As it is they are being created as needed which seems to be working.  I'd go ahead and create the rest if someone can assure me it will work ok;  i.e. not delete the ones I already have and not make way too many.

Hook

Hook, I have a question for you. Did you created the townie, downtown townie and regular neighborhood NPC only or did you also created the "EP2 NPC" which is an option on the 3rd menu you get when you clic the mailbox using boolprop?

What I will do now in create again a custom neighborhood add a downtown section, deleteallthecharacters, but create only the townie, downtown townie and regular NPC.  As for University I will create a custom one.

Wish me luck lol
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 17, 04:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just created townies, downtownies and normal NPC's.  I don't remember creating EP2 NPC's but I might have.

I rechecked some of the new dormies as well as my CAS students and all the LTW's I saw were normal.

Hook

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 17, 04:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the moronsamungus, what's the best way to create your own townies/dormies?

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 17, 04:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's where it gets interesting:  After creating my first Sim and letting the dorm fill, I sent her to a community lot with 4 band instruments, and she was joined by several Sims, all from her dorm except two secret society members.  The dormies got on the instruments and I expected to have to listen to horrible sounds, but they were great!  Obviously they all had reasonably high creativity skills, at least around 5, going by the amount they got in tips.  I don't think I've even seen a dormie start with any creativity skills.

Since NL, all Townies sound better on instruments. I guess it's something they fixed. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 17, 04:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I liked it when they couldn't play - gave sims who could a chance to get nasty!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 17, 04:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or do the townies now have a lot more skills in other areas, as well?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 17, 05:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you asking (Brynne & Motoki, I think), Quaxi does actually tell you how to delete characters in the version 49 thread in the Q & A forum, but anyway here's how it's done:

Bring the character up in Sim Description and highlight them, then click on "Window" at the top left, then Resource Actions.  Click on Delete Character in the BOTTOM box (Plugin) and follow the instructions.  Takes a few seconds and it wipes out the entire character - they disappear from the game, everyone's relationship panel and all their memories go, including invisible ones.  Total and utter annihilation and completely painless!

Be careful with this, though.  No doubt it will be improved upon, but I had a big glitch with it today.  One of my Sims had constant error messages about "Missing neighbor for data access", whatever that means and it spread to her husband after a short while.  All I could do was delete her, but it happened when she came back.  Even moving the family to a new house didn't stop it.  I had to start all over again and delete small groups until I isolated the problem family - I knew straightaway because when I tried to load their lot the game crashed.  Once I put them back, everything was fine.  Going by the error message, I can only assume she was talking to one of them on a community lot or something and it's caused a problem.

I did manage to spawn the Tombstone of L&D in between error messages and was able to get her to die of old age, but because of the errors the Reaper only appeared for a few seconds.  She had no tombstone, no inheritance, and no one had any memory of her death, although she did appear as dead in their family panels.  I got her son to resurrect her, but she still had the error messages, which was when I realised I'd have to start all over again.  The strangest thing was the message I got when she was resurrected.  Instead of her name appearing, it said "*Social - Talk - Chat has been resurrected", which sounded even more as if she'd been talking to one of the deleted people when they disappeared from the game.

I deleted 40 characters in one go in my game, but I am now going to stick to removing a few at a time.  I could get this error again because I have no idea who has been talking to who on downtown lots, but that's a risk I'm prepared to take because the tool is so useful.  I have so many houses I never play because the inhabitants bore me to tears and this is a painless way of disposing of them.  I decided to get rid of the two toddlers Don Lothario had to two women in the same house by virtue of LizzLove's waterbed, because it just didn't seem right when his other children are either elders or almost elders, but in the end I had to delete their mothers as well.  I just couldn't bear to look at the empty cots, the highchairs in the kitchen and the little toys dotted here and there.  I felt like a murderer, killing two innocent little girls who could have grown-up together and been best friends.

Finally, one thing to remember is that although all memories pertaining to the deleted Sim are removed, secondary memories aren't - for instance, if they had their first woo-hoo with that Sim, that memory will disappear and the first woo-hoo memory will come again the next time they woo-hoo, so you would need to add a first woo-hoo memory to the next Sim they woo-hooed with if they've woo-hooed more than once.  Similarly, if prior to the woo-hoo (or instead of a woo-hoo), they fell in love with that Sim and this resulted in them having "Two Loves at Once", they would keep the "Two Loves at Once" memory even if now they only had the one love, so that would need deleting also.  Hope this all makes sense.  (And no, there aren't too many woo-hoos in this paragraph, you can never have too many woo-hoos).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 17, 05:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Ancient! I have some characters that "bore me to tears" as well, and I've been dying to get rid of them. I also have a few families I'd like to prune. And, no, I don't mean Don Lothario's family, lol! He's keeping all 9 toddlers whether he likes it or not!
So the children, toddlers, and babies shouldn't be as troublesome to delete then, right? I don't recall seeing children on any of the downtown lots I "frequent". And they certainly would have no woohoo memories!  Roll Eyes 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 17, 05:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, Ancient! I have some characters that "bore me to tears" as well, and I've been dying to get rid of them. I also have a few families I'd like to prune. And, no, I don't mean Don Lothario's family, lol! He's keeping all 9 toddlers whether he likes it or not!
So the children, toddlers, and babies shouldn't be as troublesome to delete then, right? I don't recall seeing children on any of the downtown lots I "frequent". And they certainly would have no woohoo memories!  Roll Eyes 

Well, most children, toddlers & babies wouldn't have woo-hoo memories, no.  However, Don Lothario's children, toddlers & babies probably do - hundreds of invisible ones courtesty of their father.

And now I feel so bloody AWFUL about those toddlers I think I am going to have to put my back-up in yet again and bring them back.  In fact, as one of the mothers is an elder and the other is 2 days off, maybe I will kill them off, then prolong Don's life with a full bottle of elixir (3 days left on his second run of elderhood) and let him raise them.  He should be OK as long as he pops-off before they hit their teens.

Give me a vote - should I bring them back or not?  And if so, should they stay with their mothers (who are in love with half the neighbourhood and each other because of the waterbeds ... and they're not even Romance Sims), or should Don bring them up.

And Don has NINE toddlers in your game?  Is this in addition to older children or has he only got toddlers so far?  How many mothers are involved?  I am going to have to resurrect him again, I think.  I just can't play that neighbourhood without him in it.  He's an absolute scream since NL came out.  He walks around Downtown goosing everyone he fancies and starting fights with those he doesn't (and even those he does in some cases).  He argues like crazy with Lilith Dreamer, but they still fancy each other.  No, can't let Don go (nor Lilith either, for that matter).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 17, 05:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Hook you probably did not create the EP2 NPC since I did not and I don't seem to have a problem with mixed LTW/aspiration.  there might be something wrong with forcing it, I don't know yet, I will do one last test tomorrow which will be create all sections, delete characters, add them all except for EP2 NPC and I will see if I have mix LTW/aspirations or not.  If not well I will not create those EP2 NPC again and will let the game do it on its own.

The last neighborhood I created I did not add anything at the start, deleted all the characters, add a downtown section, create a custom University neighborhood (I was sad to see the Sim State University townie and NPC are used as default) and so far I had no problem with LTW/aspiration.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 17, 05:41:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And Don has NINE toddlers in your game?  Is this in addition to older children or has he only got toddlers so far?  How many mothers are involved?  I am going to have to resurrect him again, I think.  I just can't play that neighbourhood without him in it.  He's an absolute scream since NL came out.  He walks around Downtown goosing everyone he fancies and starting fights with those he doesn't (and even those he does in some cases).  He argues like crazy with Lilith Dreamer, but they still fancy each other.  No, can't let Don go (nor Lilith either, for that matter).

Yes, nine children. And they are his only children. Welcome to fatherhood, Don! They are all the offspring of Joe and Bella. I enjoy Justin and his two younger sisters (all three are Joe-Bella offspring), so I wanted some more Goth-Bayfields to play. Joe's married to someone else, so marrying Bella isn't an option at this point. I have considered that, though. They have strong chemistry. But I digress...I wanted to pick and choose which kids to take, so Bella just kept popping those puppies out until I found the two I wanted. Joe adopted those two (there were 11 toddlers in all) and I couldn't just kill or delete the other 9 because, well, did you see their pics? lol! So I decided to spring 'em all on Don.

I vote for Don to raise your two toddlers. He really is a good dad! He might not get much romantic action for quite some time, however, but in your game it won't be as extreme as it is in mine. I have a picture of Don on the toilet, surrounded by toddlers. He can't get a moment's peace! Very funny situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: