More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV: hair style for the newly spawned
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV: hair style for the newly spawned  (Read 4013 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
BV: hair style for the newly spawned
« on: 2007 September 23, 20:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether it's just the usual sadorandomness, but so far all the new BV female spawn have grown up with the same base game hairstyle. I can't remember the correct name, but you'll know what I mean if I call it the 'Marsha' haircut. Is it just me, or is this something else that's borked? I haven't put any of my custom hair back in yet as I wanted minimal loading times for testing a mod.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Re: BV: hair style for the newly spawned
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 23, 20:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a girl grow up from baby to toddler with a custom hair style. It was even buggier than usual getting her to age up at all Tongue but she did wind up with different hair.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 23, 21:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any custom hair at the moment, just the default EAxis styles from the base game + all EPs. Prior to installing BV (i.e. with all EPs up to Seasons) I was getting nothing but custom hair on my toddlers.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 24, 16:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

with the advent of binned custom hair (swoon) I seldom have a child get a Maxis hair (of course this could be because I seldom use them now).

Unfortunately, I am in the process of starting a new neighborhood and the founding couples have yet to produce spawn.  However, I have made spawn in CAS and there was no problem with those children receiving custom binned hairs.

Truthfully, I don't know how you're playing with all those ugly haired characters... shudder.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 24, 17:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd go for calling it sadorandomness, but if so I'm getting hit by the same thing. Always. All my applicable custom hairs are binned. That's 60 or so extra styles for each color of hair for girls, about 20 for guys. Girls are all getting that Marsha hair. Of course, I've only had seven births since BV and only two of those were girls, so not much of a sample. Pre-BV, I was getting about half and half custom and Maxis, but the Maxis ones were almost always one of those two.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 26, 17:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

back to report.

Played until 2 a.m. last night.  Toddler girls are all 'growing up' from infants with the Maxian banged bob - if that's the Marsha cut, then it's occureing in my game, too.

And another odd occurance - when my custom (but binned) haired female did her twirl to change into maternity from non-maternity every day clothing she also got a Maxian hair - the spiky bob that flips out just a little bit.

I was able to get her back into her custom hair by changing appearance so at least it wasn't a permanent pregnancy long thing, and it only happened with one sim (I had 7 sim families give birth last night - it was a looooong session).

The other thing I've noticed is that the 'random' sex generator is working really well - 7 births - 5 girls - 2 boys.  This neighborhood's second generation is going to have some same sex relationships...but random is random...I think.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 27, 07:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any post BV births yet (there are three due and one female toddler to grow up) but at least it will make a change from that bloody wispy haircut that every child of mine got, despite all the carefully binned hair.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: