More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:49:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Censor Blur Re-revisited (post-patch)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Censor Blur Re-revisited (post-patch)  (Read 10368 times)
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Censor Blur Re-revisited (post-patch)
« on: 2005 October 14, 08:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup...it's back...
Nope...intProp censorGridSize 0 doesn't work...
Not NL patch, mind you, it's the Uni patch I'm talking about! I even tried an older .exe hack I had before adding the intProp cheat in my userStartup.cheat file, doesn't work either (despite the creator's boisterous claim...yah, will work in all future patches my ass!). Anyone else got this or am I doing something wrong?

Let the Beast inside you free!
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Censor Blur Re-revisited (post-patch)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 08:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Unfortunately, I got the censor blur back too. I also have only Sims2Uni as well. Hopefully, someone will fix this in a short amount of time.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 08:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I even tried the intprop cheat with various combinations of capital-small letters but to no avail. It seems they botched this cheat for good, just as they did with the NL expansion. Sucks. Big time!

bairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 09:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL anti-blur "patch"
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 10:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be just what I needed, except I DON'T have NL, I have UNI, I applied the UNI patch on UNI and since then the blur has been reinstated and I can't get rid of it. Jesus, I thought I made that clear!

EDIT: Unless...hmm, it's a wild thought, but maybe with the patch they made the blur work the way it does in NL, and Quaxi's hack works indeed. I'll give it a go and see. Sorry for snapping at you.  Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 11:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That patch is pretty much the NL code without all the NL features and content. They've just rolled over the fixes made in NL to a patch for University. As far as  I know, that fix of Quaxi's should work for any version of the game. He's even added it as an option to the newer versions of simPE now. If you go to extras > preferences > SimPE Settings > Game Settings there should be an option to check or uncheck a box that says "blur nudity"

Also, unless you feel you absolutely must, try to avoid any hacks that alter the main game's exe file as these will cause you trouble down the line when you need to patch or install an expansion pack. If you did try and install the old exe no blur hack, I hope you got rid of it and restored your original exe.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 11:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the patch for Uni yet - does it affect Inge's patch too?

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 12:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did she make a nude patch too? Or did you mean that one for her door where it keeps them from spinning and changing into clothes when they go through it set on nude? That patch should be okay I'm using it with no problems, but any no blur patch or cheat made prior to NL or this Uni patch will probably not work.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 12:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is,I think, something which goes into User Start Up, but I can't honestly remember what it is, and for some reason I didn't file it under a recognisable name, but I think that's it, since my back-up copy is in my snootysims folder.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 14, 12:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it goes into the startup it's probably just the intprop censorgrid cheat so you don't have to enter it in every time, in which case that will no longer work.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 14, 12:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a shame!  And my game has run so much more smoothly since I installed it!  The blur slows everything down!

Zephyr Zodiac
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 14, 21:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just tried that anti-blur "patch" and it works fine with just Sims2Uni.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 14, 21:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Inge's works fine with Uni, but she's taken it down from the site, I think (can't find it anyway) so I think it may have issues with Nightlife.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 00:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That patch is pretty much the NL code without all the NL features and content. They've just rolled over the fixes made in NL to a patch for University. As far as  I know, that fix of Quaxi's should work for any version of the game. He's even added it as an option to the newer versions of simPE now. If you go to extras > preferences > SimPE Settings > Game Settings there should be an option to check or uncheck a box that says "blur nudity"
I remember seeing this way before NL.  I thought it just added the initprop cheat to your startup cheat file unless he's changed it since NL, but it was always checked on mine.  I don't see how checking it now would have the same effect as having his censor patch in your downloads folder though.
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 02:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe checking the box in the NL version of SimPE will prompt his no censor patch to be installed, like how it will ask if you want to download a plugin or something. It's a thought.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 17, 07:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, unless you feel you absolutely must, try to avoid any hacks that alter the main game's exe file as these will cause you trouble down the line when you need to patch or install an expansion pack. If you did try and install the old exe no blur hack, I hope you got rid of it and restored your original exe.  Shocked

Downloaded Quaxi's NL blur removal hack, works like a charm! I always backup my .exe file beforing installing .exe altering hacks. Besides, that one didn't succeed in patching it, so no changes were made. Thanx for the advice ppl!
The "Blur nudity" option in SimPE didn't work (but I have v0.48b, not c, so that's probably why).

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 17, 09:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never put that patch on my site, it's on MTS2 with the thread containing the door.   It doesn't affect the blur, it just tells the sim to stop checking whether they are nude and so they don't get dressed again suddenly.  When a sim undresses through one of my doors they don't get the blur in the first place - I don't apply it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 17, 09:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, the one I got from your site (at least, it's in the SnootySims folder so I assume I got it from you) is called UserStartUp cheat.  It's in the config folder in my game folder.  Maybe you had a link to it, but I remember finding it among all the other cheats, but I can't find that page any more.

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 17, 11:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

> BOGGLE <   okay...  Snooty Sims is a great site, but I'm not connected with it in any way.  My site is simlogical.

UserStartupCheats is a file where you put all the cheats you want to run to save you having to type them into the cheat box.  If you have anything about nudity in there it won't run with nightlife, or uni after patching, because the ability to turn off the blur using just the cheat has been taken away.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 17, 14:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Inge (I knew that when I was awake!)  But you wouldn't believe the other day the difficulty I had finding simlogical - kept getting some wierd commercial site, even though the URL I had was yours - when I finally got there, I replaced the URL, tried again, and ended up back at this other site!  However, for some unknown reason, I thought that your site and SnootySims were connected.  I must be getting too old!

Just went to snooty sims, and I've realised why I thought the two sites were linked -there is a link to simlogical which appears within a list of items, and just seemed  a bit like going from simFreaks1 to Simfreaks2 or SF Forum (very smooth and no waiting for everything to load up) and I never stopped to think that they might be totally unconnected!
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 14:35:02 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 17, 14:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol!  I don't think you're the only one.  Snooty Sims did do something a bit weird with their link to me I know, because at one stage my error log was full of entries from people coming from there - I think he'd directed them to one of my error pages from the old host site and it was sending them round in circles

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 17, 16:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to know it wasn't just me!  But there was also this very confusing URL, and I haven't a clue what it was, except it wasn't your site!  A similar thing happened a while back with All-About-Style - I think some East Eropean sites pinch established names or somehting!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: