More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 18:30:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Romance sim wants to marry off 6 children?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Romance sim wants to marry off 6 children?  (Read 26244 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Romance sim wants to marry off 6 children?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 13, 21:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My weirdness happened way before Nightlife - and it's only been the one, so far everyone else has conformed to type.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 13, 21:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my sims are fairly conformed.  I did think it odd, however, when my hubby-sim had a knowledge aspiration and rolled a LTW to become a celebrity chef.  Of course maybe that's not so odd considering the science involved in cooking. Wink

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 13, 22:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook, I haven't installed the patch yet.

This is decidedly odd.  I haven't seen any weird unrelated LTW's myself, but it sounds like several people have.

It's interesting that the tests include LTW's for the new Uni careers:

Cult Leader appeals to Popularity and Knowledge.
Ecological Guru appeals to Knowledge.
Show Business Icon appeals to Popularity.
Visionary (Artist career) appeals to Romance.

I've never heard of anyone getting a LTW for these careers, but the tests are in there for the aspirations.  It would be nice to see the code where the LTW is selected, but no one seems to know where it's done.  Perhaps in the game's C++ code.

I have some doubts about the game's random number generator, which is obviously in the C++ code.  The game uses two, one for the Secure Socket Layer communication, the other is not the standard Microsoft library function.  Some parts of the game act as if the random number generator isn't being properly "randomly" seeded, or isn't even being used.  Or perhaps there is more than one sequence generated, and not all are being seeded.  If the number generated isn't used correctly it might cause weird errors like getting LTW's out of the norm.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 14, 00:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I did some testing like I mention and here is how it goes but first in my case it seems to be related to the fact that after I added downtown and University I deleted all characters and with boolprop created new ones for all section which are:  NPC, townie, University townie, Downtown townie and Downtown NPC. Now for some reason it made the game create weird Sims that did not had related aspiration/LTW.  Here are some example of what I ended up with:

- Romance with LTW of Chief of Staff
- Knowledge with LTW of Party Guest and 20 lovers
- Fortune with LTW 20 woohoo and slacker
- Pleasure with LTW of Mayor
- Popularity with LTW of 6 granchildren that graduates
- Family with LTW Criminal mastermind and Chief of staff

However, after changing their aspiration using the Renuyu-U and choosing an aspiration matching the LTW they had it seems to came back to normal, I could change them from family to popularity than to romance and they were having mathing aspiration/LTW.

Since way before I install the patch I resetted my neighborhood and did not play them at all since, I decided to go check if those Sims were having mathing aspiration/LTW and to my surprise they all did.

So now my question is, did the game went crazy because of the deleteallcharacters or did I did something wrong while I use boolprop?  I doubt I did something wrong since I selected the option to create townies and NPC and no others, I did not even clic anywhere else I let my Sim do whatever it is that it wanted.

Even strangier lol
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 14, 00:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm playing a neighbourhood now where I used deleteAllCharacters, I haven't created any replacement townies etc., and I've not had any wierdness in LTWs (mind you I'm only playing in La Fiesta at the moment, none of my sims has graduated yet), but I do have sims walking past their friends or relatives houses without ringing the doorbell - when I've played normally with dormies and SS all over the place, then friends of sims living on the lot would come and visit, but not walk straight past.  so I think deleteAllCharacters can make odd things happen!

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 14, 01:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I decided to delete that custom neighborhood, create another in which I deleted all characters but before I choose a University and downtown.  I used boolprop to create the townie and Npc then created a downtown section and Univerisy which keep their created Sim.

Now I will create new Sims and see how it will go, if anything weird happens again I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your reply ZephyrZodiac, at least I am not alone thinking it could be the "deleteallcharacters" that caused this.

It was fun though having family Sims with the want to woohoo with everyone but since I did not know what else could have been mixed up in that neighborhood I prefered to delete it and redo it.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 14, 01:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hook, I haven't installed the patch yet.

This is decidedly odd.  I haven't seen any weird unrelated LTW's myself, but it sounds like several people have.

It's interesting that the tests include LTW's for the new Uni careers:

Cult Leader appeals to Popularity and Knowledge.
Ecological Guru appeals to Knowledge.
Show Business Icon appeals to Popularity.
Visionary (Artist career) appeals to Romance.

I've never heard of anyone getting a LTW for these careers, but the tests are in there for the aspirations.  It would be nice to see the code where the LTW is selected, but no one seems to know where it's done.  Perhaps in the game's C++ code.
*snip*

MaxoidTom said they were disabled in case people didn't want to send their sims to Uni - which was odd considering people were buying the Uni expansion pack!  Of course they might have wanted to send their sims to uni!

I'm glad they're there, though.  Any chance of them being unlocked by anybody?  Awesome people, I'm talking to you?!

<insert witty comment here>
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 14, 04:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some example of what I ended up with:
- Romance with LTW of Chief of Staff
- Knowledge with LTW of Party Guest and 20 lovers

This is the kind of thing that makes me think the random number generator is being bypassed.  It looks like they never intended for a mass townie generation and simply grabbed the LTW's from a list (same with zodiac signs, which causes a specific sequence of signs when you generate characters).  Doesn't look like they're checking the LTW's, just assigning them.  Makes me think the characters are generated in C++ code, while all the checking for proper LTW is done in BHAV files... and the C++ code isn't calling the BHAV code.  This actually makes sense, but it doesn't mean it's not wrong.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 14, 05:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I am partially lost in your explanation Hook, it could make sense.

Like I said, I deleted that neighborhood and created a new one to replace it in which I only deleted the basic townies and NPC then recreate them using boolprop and then only added University and downtown section. 

After that, I created 24 Sims and when I created my last 2 families (which have 2 members each), my family Sim ended-up with a  LTW to be a Celibrity chef and a popularity Sim have the LTW to graduate 3 children.  The 2 others Sims that are part of these 2 familes are ok and match aspiration/LTW.  I even quit and restart the game  half way through so my Sims will have different LTW, and make it extreme and even restarted my computer before I made the other 12 .

Odd isn't it?

But one last thing, I also mention that by using the renuyu-U reward in the 1st neighborhood I created (which I deleted) and by matching the LTW with an aspiration which match the current LTW my Sims hadd, it got back to normal and I could change them using that reward to any aspiration and they were ok... bizarre....

« Last Edit: 2005 October 14, 05:37:57 by Missdoh » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 20, 06:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first installed NL, it was a clean install--no hacks--no downloads--new stories.  I made three romance sims for Uni and all three rolled non romance wants-political-business-max out 7 skills.  But after I put all the hacks back in,they have only had proper wants??
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 20, 06:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a child turn into a teen.  His aspiration is Popularity and he came up with a completely blank LTW.  I used the Renu-U orb on him to change his aspiration momentarily to Pleasure to see if I could get him a LTW and he rolled up 'Become a Mad Scientist'!  I turned him back to Popularity and he still has that want.

The other day I stuck in that mod for more variation in LTWs but this seems a wee bit too varied. Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 20, 07:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I can't see that it matters - and maybe the LTW is more related to personality than aspiration in some respects.  I've had really outgoing leos that I've given knowledge aspirations to (just for the fun of it) (like Laszlo Grunt) and even though they get the mad scientist LTW, you could swear all they really want is to be a professional party guest!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 20, 07:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure.  This kid is a total neat-freak and also very outgoing.  He has a lot of personality points, one of those personality-plus sims.  His sister has the same exact personality--in fact, they're identical, she the girl version and he the boy version.

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 20, 07:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a child turn into a teen.  His aspiration is Popularity and he came up with a completely blank LTW. 

I have found that all my kids who have transitioned to teen since nightlife start with a blank LTW until they have fulfilled one normal want. 
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 20, 07:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  I appreciate your input. Smiley  I was just reading the BBS and it seems like at least this isn't just me.  People are saying their sims are coming up with no LTW at first, that it shows up a little bit later. 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 20, 10:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just that as the game gets bigger and more complicated some things take a little longer to generate.

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 20, 11:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a popularity sim with a LTW to make it to his golden anniversary. I have another popularity sim with the "have 20 simultaneous lovers" LTW. Which would make him quite popular, I suppose! I like this bit of variety, as well, regardless of why it happens. Spices up the game a bit. It's a little more interesting if you have the occasional non-romance sim want to take on the role of the town floozy!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 20, 17:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a popularity sim with a LTW to make it to his golden anniversary. I have another popularity sim with the "have 20 simultaneous lovers" LTW. Which would make him quite popular, I suppose! I like this bit of variety, as well, regardless of why it happens. Spices up the game a bit. It's a little more interesting if you have the occasional non-romance sim want to take on the role of the town floozy!

I agree it makes things more interesting--well, except for when you've managed to work umpteen sims through the Science career track. LOL  Honestly, I'd like to see more of my sims get LTWs that aren't reaching the top of their career.  But it's still early in my game since installing NL so who knows what'll happen yet. Wink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 20, 17:42:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The career LTW are kind of boring for me. I have many celebrity chefs and hall of famers in my game!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 20, 17:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you will do since they have two aspirations wanting those careers ( also of course, there are a lot of would-be Captain Heros around - how many does one town need?)  I always tend to wish more wanted to be generals, it's such an easy career to get to the top of!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 20, 18:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you will do since they have two aspirations wanting those careers ( also of course, there are a lot of would-be Captain Heros around - how many does one town need?)  I always tend to wish more wanted to be generals, it's such an easy career to get to the top of!

One thing I was playing with in my non-Legacy family neighborhood was using the Renu-U-Sensor (I'm sure I keep spelling that wrong) Orb.  Before the patch when I reprogrammed their aspiration they'd get a different LTW, then I could roll them back to their original aspiration and they'd usually get one different from their original.  I'm not sure how this works with the patch installed, though, as Braun's LTW is stuck on becoming a mad scientist.  As I said last night, I'm going to pull out the mod for more variation in LTWs and re-roll him and see if he comes up with something else.  (I know, he's part of the Legacy family but dog-gone it, when the game seems broken, a girl's got to do what she's got to do, right?)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 20, 18:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, the game is to be enjoyed, dammit!  Go ahead and do what gives you the most enjoyment - break a few rules - HAVE FUN! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 20, 19:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game so far it gives me a different LTW when I use the renuyu-U and change their aspiration.  And that is after the patch.  I don't have that mod for more variation in LTWs.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 19:31:22 by Missdoh » Logged
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 21, 03:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just recently had a Romance Sim get a want to marry his girlfriend (while on a date with another woman where he was caught with that woman by his girlfriend's older sister and brother-in-law who proceeded to "poke" "shove" and "attack" him for the rest of the date).  I immediately locked it and am now just waiting for his fear to marry his girlfriend to roll so I can get them married.  Maybe it's just Maxis trying to add more variety to the game.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 21, 05:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the LTW variation mod out of my game and sure enough, when he rolled a new aspiration he rolled a new LTW with it.  Yet another popularity sim who wants to become mayor *yawn*. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: