More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 05:46:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Grave placement still problematic post-NL patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grave placement still problematic post-NL patch  (Read 5264 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Grave placement still problematic post-NL patch
« on: 2005 October 13, 05:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed the patch for NL this evening and am trying it out.

Because they mentioned fixes to the graves, I had to test that out.  Unfortunately still some problems.

I first had some sims go to Gothier Green Lawns, and the one grave I'd moved there before was once again sitting on the curb by the phone.  Which is fine.  I put it in my sims' inventory then had them place it elsewhere on the lot.

Sims go back home, and I exit to the neighborhood.  Enter Gothier Green Lawns in Build Mode.

The grave is sitting at the curb again.  At least, however, its there.  Previously in Build Mode the grave wouldn't show up at all.  So I placed the grave, saved and exited the lot.  Then went back in again to make sure it took.  Yup, grave was where it was supposed to be.

So they are halfway there.  At least Build Mode seems reliable now.  But putting a grave into inventory and then doing a "place grave" action still seems to not mean anything beyond the time spent on the lot during play.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: Grave placement still problematic post-NL patch
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 13, 06:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, good to know its working right in some form.

I'm currently drawing up plans to make a "Pleasentview Memorial Cemetary" since I don't really like Gothier Green.  And I need to do it soon.  The ghosts at the Goth's house are getting rather hostle ever since I built that mini-mausoleum for them...
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 13, 07:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good to know that the graves can be properly placed in Build Mode. That's the way I'd be most likely to do it anyway.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 13, 09:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed the patch for NL this evening and am trying it out.

Because they mentioned fixes to the graves, I had to test that out.  Unfortunately still some problems.

I first had some sims go to Gothier Green Lawns, and the one grave I'd moved there before was once again sitting on the curb by the phone.  Which is fine.  I put it in my sims' inventory then had them place it elsewhere on the lot.

Sims go back home, and I exit to the neighborhood.  Enter Gothier Green Lawns in Build Mode.

The grave is sitting at the curb again.  At least, however, its there.  Previously in Build Mode the grave wouldn't show up at all.  So I placed the grave, saved and exited the lot.  Then went back in again to make sure it took.  Yup, grave was where it was supposed to be.

So they are halfway there.  At least Build Mode seems reliable now.  But putting a grave into inventory and then doing a "place grave" action still seems to not mean anything beyond the time spent on the lot during play.

The community lot doesn't actually save, so where you had your sim place the tombstone will not "stick" in that case.  All that is stored is that the tombstone is supposed to be on that lot, which is why it was spawned next to the phone in Build Mode.  Saving in Build Mode will save the object on the lot and then the position will "stick."  Unfortunately we didn't have time to implement storing coordinates for where the tombstone is supposed to go when placing them out of a sim's inventory.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 13, 22:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for taking time to explain, Tom!

Smiley
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 13, 23:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least we'll be able to see and place the tombstones in build/buy mode now. That was my biggest frustration and I'm glad it's resolved.  Grin
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 00:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least we'll be able to see and place the tombstones in build/buy mode now. That was my biggest frustration and I'm glad it's resolved.  Grin
yep moving a grave works very well post patch. I moved one onto a cemetary I built for my custom hood as all the options I was geven to mov the grave to werent places I wanted a tombstone,the grocery store ,the community center , the shopping mall,and woodland community park and playground were the options I wwas given!Iwasnt given the option of a cemetary so I built one as the only other place it  gave me as choice was downtown Shocked !I couldnt picture MY YA's on a  date or outing with a view of a tombstone Shocked or kids at the park  with a tombstone in the middle of the playground Grin the grocery store didnt seem the right place either . leave it to maxis though to fix one bug and create another one with the fix though. yesterday afterpatching NL  I went back to a lot I had been playing and lo and behold there was the family on the front lawn except for the toddler he was still playing with his shape sorter. when I had saved the game mom and dad were at work the kids were at school and the nanny in the kitchen. I quickly set about sending the kids back to school .Mom drove them . tried to send Dad to work he wouldnt go claiming he had responsibilities to the toddler . .mom comes back from school drop off and dad agreed to go to work. fixed the problem by dismissing the nanny and calling for a new one.Mom then agreed to go yo work albeit 6 hours late!. entered my game today and everything seemed fine until I decided to use a career reward on Lucy Hanby Walker the maid my sim married. I decided to modify her facial structure her aspiration level was platinum at the moment / i sent her to the simsurgery machine and she dutifully agrees  to go .Idont know what happened in there but her face looked like freddie kruegers!she screamed when she saw it Huh I cant say as I blame her. so bacl to the machine she goes  and if possible looked worse than before Angry so I sent her back a third time and got the screen where you can choose a new face finally she is now gorgeous but I bet if her sim husband Lance had sen the horrid face  he would have died from fright not to mention her sons Angry just whe I thought ok my game should be just fine now i have worked through the bugs here .I enter another lot that I hadnt played for a few days in my prosperity  hood. the  family is The Aming Family .Bart and Theresa  and 2 of their 5 kids are supposed to be on the lot 3 are in Uni. the loading screen shows the family intact except of course for the YA's at Uni werent there  which is normal. I get into the lot and the Family panel shows only Theresa as living there/Hubby and kids were nowhere to be found.I used Inge teleporter to summon hubby He showed up immediately of course I had Theresa ask him to move in he agreed of course . then the who's moving in with Bart screen shows up and instead of their children being on the list of sims that can move in .the grim reaper was on it,the NPC remote control car,the social bunny,the therapist  and the social worker and Mrs Crumplebottom and NPC's I never heard of but his and Theresa's children were not on the list Huh. so I moved her out she shows up in the family bin with hubby and kids .I moved her back in  again no kids and no hubby. I finally moved her out and demolished the lot. I put a new house and gave it the same address .when I entered the lot the family was again intact but missing a memory that should be there  Barts Gradfather died at the age of 77 and bart inherited a pile of money just 8 sim days ago and other memories are missing as well.Sim PE shows that this family was not unlinked and it shows his grandfathers death in his memories should be there. I have no clue how to correct the memory issue but the family is at least back together as of right now when I just saved my game.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 01:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

everything seemed fine until I decided to use a career reward on Lucy Hanby Walker the maid my sim married. I decided to modify her facial structure her aspiration level was platinum at the moment / i sent her to the simsurgery machine and she dutifully agrees  to go .Idont know what happened in there but her face looked like freddie kruegers!she screamed when she saw it Huh I cant say as I blame her. so bacl to the machine she goes  and if possible looked worse than before Angry so I sent her back a third time and got the screen where you can choose a new face finally she is now gorgeous but I bet if her sim husband Lance had sen the horrid face  he would have died from fright not to mention her sons

I think that's the way it's supposed to work - there's a small chance each time you use the plastic surgery machine that the surgery will go wrong and your sim will come out incredibly ugly.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 01:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think that the ability to put a grave in your inventory and then placing it back again on the ground on a community lot while in live mode is meant to be how we rearrange the tombstones the way we like, because a community lot is never saved in live mode. when you take the taxi or car and leave the community lot, it resets to its original state. that is "as designed".

The purpose of beeing able to put the tombstone in your inventory is to enable you to take that tombstone back to your house.
And you can place it back on the ground because if you put a tombstone in your inventory to take home, then decided that you don't want to anymore, you can just leave it there again.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 14, 14:41:03 by linolino » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 14, 05:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's the way it's supposed to work - there's a small chance each time you use the plastic surgery machine that the surgery will go wrong and your sim will come out incredibly ugly.

Prima guide says there's a 20% chance of failure across the board.  Twojeffs has a hack to allow teens to use the plastic surgery machine, and also links the failure chances to the aspiration state as with all the other rewards.  I haven't checked lately to see if it's been updated, but I don't use the plastic surgery machine much.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 14, 06:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prima guide says there's a 20% chance of failure across the board.  Twojeffs has a hack to allow teens to use the plastic surgery machine, and also links the failure chances to the aspiration state as with all the other rewards.  I haven't checked lately to see if it's been updated, but I don't use the plastic surgery machine much.

Hook

unfortunatelly the patch so badly disagreed with my neighborhood all my families were mia . So I lost my freddie Krueger/turned gorgeous sim. I had to delete the neighbor hood and have started a new one  and am testing hacks  one by one.sofar Merola's multi mirror,the toddler play with toilets fix ,no rabbit spin, and no what's this  have been tested in my neighborhood I just created .they dont appear to be the conflicting ones with the patch. I have now  put in the no smart milk drag and Inge's teleporter plus ,the NL nofriends for careers has been tested . no conflict with it . I did remove a couple of CC Items that kept appearing on the possible conflict list.I think the problem might be the alienware computer .and some maxis made lawn ornaments. the halloween ones keep showing up on the list

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: