More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 23:04:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  JMP Has a Downer on Mortimer Goth?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: JMP Has a Downer on Mortimer Goth?  (Read 11964 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
JMP Has a Downer on Mortimer Goth?
« on: 2005 October 12, 15:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Barnaby Goth (grandson of Alexander, with only 1 Nice point) grew into a teen and was doing his homework the following evening.  His fun level dropped quite low and the "Kick Stuff" element of Macrotastics kicked-in (pun not intended).  To my surprise, instead of a flamingo being in his queue, it was a gravestone.  He then went to the corner of the lot and proceeded to kick the hell out of poor Mortimer's platinum tombstone. He never even knew him, either! 

Another Sim (3 in Nice) was given an instruction to kick a garden gnome, although it was inaccessible so changed to a flamingo.   

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: JMP Has a Downer on Mortimer Goth?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 12, 15:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol that's too funny! I wonder if kick stuff would grab an urn too and smash it or if it's safer to move the graves indoors. I will have to remember that macrotastics does that because sometimes my sims have fears of having dead relatives graves smashed.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 12, 15:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will have to remember that macrotastics does that because sometimes my sims have fears of having dead relatives graves smashed.  Shocked

I was worried when it happened because his sister had just changed to a child and she had a fear of her grandmother's gravestone being kicked, so I had to hot-foot it over to see whose stone he was kicking!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 12, 15:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, you could just up his niceness level to 2!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 12, 15:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol that's too funny! I wonder if kick stuff would grab an urn too and smash it or if it's safer to move the graves indoors. I will have to remember that macrotastics does that because sometimes my sims have fears of having dead relatives graves smashed.  Shocked
Were you the one that asked for tombstones to be added back in VS?  If not, I am not sure who it was, but I know someone had posted pictures of their sim kicking a tombstone, and JMP called them Ugly Lady in Dress and Boy With Glasses.  By the way, tombstones can't be moved indoors because they turn into urns.  Tombstones can't be smashed, only urns.  Depending on which it is, the sims will exhibit a fear of X's tombstone kicked/X's urn smashed.  I thought they had to have a negative relationship with the dead sim as well as being grouchy?  I'm not sure, because I haven't had that many dead sims and all my sims like each other, heheh.  At least they do at the moment.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 12, 15:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't the one with the ugly lady and boy with glasses no, but I remember that thread lol.

And that's kind of what I meant by moving it indoors, I know it turns into an urn, what I meant was perhaps we can avoid Pescado's macro kicks by making the tombstone into an urn and bringing it indoors. I don't think macrotastics will smash the urn, although I'm sure that gives fun too. Wink

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 12, 15:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't the one with the ugly lady and boy with glasses no, but I remember that thread lol.

And that's kind of what I meant by moving it indoors, I know it turns into an urn, what I meant was perhaps we can avoid Pescado's macro kicks by making the tombstone into an urn and bringing it indoors. I don't think macrotastics will smash the urn, although I'm sure that gives fun too. Wink
Hmm, was it syberspunk, perhaps?  I know he's around here somewhere.  I don't think JMP would have put the urn smashing in because once you smash it, it's, well, smashed.  No fun in that.  Tombstones are stronger and can take the repetitive kicking. Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 12, 16:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put a fence all around the tombstones without a gate, or with a lockable gate.  Ghosts can still get out to haunt, but kids etc. can't get in!  And if you want to put flowers by granny's grave, buy them in Buyables!  (Or make the locked gate only admit the gardener.)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 12, 17:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put a fence all around the tombstones without a gate, or with a lockable gate.  Ghosts can still get out to haunt, but kids etc. can't get in!  And if you want to put flowers by granny's grave, buy them in Buyables!  (Or make the locked gate only admit the gardener.)
Where is this lockable gate?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 12, 17:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there's some at simlogical.com. I'm not sure if those are the ones ZZ was refering to or not though.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 12, 20:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they're the ones I meant.

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 12, 21:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also do something similiar with Pescado's Authorized Personel Only, if you make the fence share at least on wall tile with something else--build it off the side of the house, for example. I'm pretty sure the game counts a fenced in area as a room for those purposes.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 12, 21:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering, too, if you could use all walls, as long as you didn't put a roof on.  So then you could use the half-walls.

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 12, 21:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't put gates or doors on the half-walls, though, you'd have to use the regular ones.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 12, 21:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well since I don't have NL yet, I didn't know that - but you'd only need one bit of whole wall to put the door in!  (I used to build outhouses like that for sims 1, used the high garden wall but just put one proper wall in to stick a door in, then since the door dropped in game, it looked like the outhouse was just a brick shelter, but my sims would use the toilet without making a fuss!  And of course, you didn't get the automatic roof you'd get if you used real walls!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 12, 22:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think JM's APO is NL-compatible yet.  It's one of those I am eagerly waiting on, as well as the romance mod and a few others. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 13, 00:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I don't think I want to install NL without the romance mod! Sad

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 01:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no, I don't think I want to install NL without the romance mod! Sad

Yeah, believe me ZZ....it is a right pain in the arse not having the mod at the moment! My Sims have been seeing nothing but stars for all the slaps they have encountered for the last few weeks!!  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 13, 01:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord help us!  My present favourite romance stud only has fights with his enemies - though he did get caught by his partner woohooing on a community lot - but he didn't get slapped around, the other guy did!

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 13, 01:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord help us!  My present favourite romance stud only has fights with his enemies - though he did get caught by his partner woohooing on a community lot - but he didn't get slapped around, the other guy did!

Yeah I've always that thought that a bit strange. Why wouldn't one get peed off with one's partner rather than the other sim??? Happens in R.L too, but any way I digress...... Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 13, 01:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, he had to work at repairing his relationship, but since he didn't get slapped around, he didn't lose his own relationship score - and he wept buckets at being found out!  And then, when one of his boyfriends caught him doing a public woohoo with his partner, he did get slapped around!  But he didn't seem all that bothered!

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 13, 01:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just upset that my platinum Morty Goth tombstone has vanished!  Honest, he was there post NL with his little "Here Lies Mortimer Goth" tag when I hovered the mouse over him, and then he was gone the next time I played the house!

He's disappeared from the list of resurrectable sims, too  Cry

Grr.

<insert witty comment here>
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 13, 01:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose you could use simPE to bring him back?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 13, 02:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using Lizz Love's no jealousy hack until JM can get the romance mod working again.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 13, 02:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just upset that my platinum Morty Goth tombstone has vanished!  Honest, he was there post NL with his little "Here Lies Mortimer Goth" tag when I hovered the mouse over him, and then he was gone the next time I played the house!

He's disappeared from the list of resurrectable sims, too  Cry

Grr.

I lost Mortimer's grave 2 or 3 times before installing NL.  The other Goth ghosts were constantly jumping in and out of his and Bella's graves - I think they were jealous because they were the only platinum ones.  He lost all his relationships each time, although luckily he kept his memories.  On one occasion he lost his entire character data and I had to copy him over from the original, which means he is now not really the Mortimer who I played and therefore doesn't recognise everyone as family that he should.  He keeps wandering around complaining with a thought bubble of two red faces looking at each other, whatever that means.

Anyway, when I first went into the Goth house after installing NL, Mortimer's gravestone was by the mailbox.  I put it back into the graveyard and now he moans because it's been moved.  He's never satisfied.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: