More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:41:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a way.. ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way.. ?  (Read 7573 times)
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is there a way.. ?
« on: 2007 August 17, 14:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi
I was wondering if there is a way to make certain blushes/lipsticks and other makeup to only be available for the sims with certain skintone? I'm also interested if it's possible to make certain makeup pieces dominant? I mean, to make it possible for all/most of the newly generated sims to wear the same blush or whatever..?
 P.S.: If that makes any difference, all my makeup is decustomized.
Thank you!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Is there a way.. ?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 17, 17:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if there is a way to make certain blushes/lipsticks and other makeup to only be available for the sims with certain skintone?
You need to change the skintone line in the property set to the skintone you'd like. There's one maxis blush that already works that way. But it only works for one skintone. I don't know if there is a way to restrict a make-up to more than one skintone.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 19, 01:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, pioupiou, for confirming my theory. I guess now I should try and see how it works for myself but I would still like to get more answers before screwing with things I don't fully understand...
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 19, 08:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yanno.. I'd like to learn that, too. I have specific makeup cc that looks good with only darker skintones and some that looks good with only lighter skintones, and I'm forever having to shuffle through both to get to the ones that I like. It irks. I'd rather be able to only see the ones that I've chosen for darker skintones when I'm whipping up a makeover or Change Appearance on a darker sim.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 20, 11:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Same here. I want to prevent townies with darker skins from getting super light blushes, lipsticks or eyeshadows as I'm really tired of catching them one by one just to fix their makeup.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 20, 19:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.

I'm wondering if MissBree is evolving.

Broo == Bree?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 20, 20:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggest you look up some Runequest (Glorantha) references. Broo are not nice.

broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 20, 22:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I have no idea what are you talking about. I've been using this nickname at various sims related message boards (like Sims 2 community for example) for about 2 years now. BTW, it's short for Brooke.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 20, 22:54:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brooke isn't short enough already?

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 20, 23:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, broo; it's because of a recurrent troll who's name is miss bree, and that keeps creating sock puppet accounts with "bree" or similar in nickname.
Therefore, whenever a poor unaware new user comes in, is immediatly looked at with suspicion.  Wink

So far, you're the second missbree's killmark, the other one was unlucky Breezilla.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 20, 23:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brooke isn't short enough already?
Well, Brooke is usually already taken.

Don't worry, broo; it's because of a recurrent troll who's name is miss bree, and that keeps creating sock puppet accounts with "bree" or similar in nickname.
Therefore, whenever a poor unaware new user comes in, is immediatly looked at with suspicion.  Wink

So far, you're the second missbree's killmark, the other one was unlucky Breezilla.
No worries. I just went and searched for the info on that miss and am now aware of who she is and even thought it's not funny to be misstaken for someone you are not, especially if the person you are misstaken for isn't the most favorite person in the community, I understand peoples' concern.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 22, 21:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Breezilla. That's hilarious that it wasn't Miss Bree.

Also, my apologies to you.  When I'm done screening your criminal history.  Tongue
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 24, 17:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fascinating... I knew the skintone line existed and was there for, I presumed, this very reason, but does it only work for makeup/accessories/other texture or mesh overlays? I'd tried it for other things and couldn't seem to get it to work, but I don't recall if I tried it with makeup. I might have to change how the Wardrobe Wrangler is going to work now, slightly anyhow. I will also have to retest to see if you can restrict things for certain hair colors. I know you can color bin eyebrows and facial hair, for instance, but I don't know if other things work this same way.

*Makes a mental note to try this stuff out this weekend.*

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 25, 01:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if your chasing miss brees socket puppets:
"Trolls sometimes use "socketpuppets", i.e. fake identities that may be used to sustain, or to inflame the troll's position or theory or attack. At times the socket puppets' names are anagrams or similar to the troll name. Thus a troll may engage in artificial conversations with himself. However impersonating multiple people is frowned upon by the more able trolls and is considered the lowest of the possible troll tactics."

look, whos helping You against Her.

And then... get paranoid!

Best against Trolls: DONT FEED THE TROLL! (do ignore the troll)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 31, 23:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, my apologies to Breezilla, then, as I believe I was the one to originally bring her(?) to the forum's attention. Would anyone care for some hypervigilance with a side of paranoia? I seem to have both in excess.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 01, 16:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone comes along to ask a perfectly reasonable technical question and no controversy follows, odds are that they aren't a troll. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 02, 09:49:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or not a very good one, at any rate.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 10, 08:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I tried the method above and it didn't work with only one blush. But then I tried to link a few blushes to each other by changing their family line and then each to different skintone (including geneticized custom ones) and it worked perfectly! Thanks everyone for helping me!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: