More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 06:04:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 94521 times)
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #125 on: 2005 October 13, 17:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I just noticed the speakers keep reseting to stereo still every time I start the game even though I keep changing them every time to 5.1.  Tongue

Please submit a bug on this.  I think we know about it, but just to be safe...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2005 October 13, 17:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom, the teenage vamp girl skin was indeed fixed.

Excellent work, and thanks :-)

I can confirm the speaker setting bug. In my case I have to keep resetting them to 4.0
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2005 October 13, 18:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes. same here, have to set the sound settings to 4.0 everytime. whats the difference of 4.0 and 5.1 and stereo anyway? i found out that 4.0 is better for me, but i don't know why.

What is the final exam bug? can someone tell me please?

-------------------------

the patch also did not fixed these:

Inventory:  Objects that have gone into the inventory will remain with the shadow problem.

The Mad Cientist missing the job on mondays.

The objects from university (Groovy Dresser and Grease Stands Alone juice bar) still don't allow us to select all of its recolors.

School students still clog the front door of the bus while they open their report card.
Adults that come home from work and do that "i'm home animation" will do it in front of the carpool door, not allowing others to unload from the carpool.
Uni students ruturning home from class and clogging the pedestrian portal.

Terrain Paints beeing forever attached to a lot once clicked.

Sims loosing marriage lines in family tree after the parter dies.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2005 October 13, 18:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5.1 speakers are 4 speakers (2 front and 2 rear), a center channel speaker and a subwoofer. I believe 4.0 is just the 2 front and 2 rears with no center or subwoofer and stereo is just 2 speakers, a right and a left.

I do actually have a 5.1 speaker setup, and it's set that way in Windows too, but for some reason I guess the game didn't detect it and defaulted to stereo.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 October 13, 18:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The basic difference between 4.0 and 5.1 is that 4.0 does not have a special channel for the centre (usually speech) and subwoofer.

If you use an option you do not have in hardware, your system will have to downsample it to what you do have. If I were to pick 5.1, that means all data for the centre and 'woofer would have to be backsampled to the other speakers.
This would not sound as good obviously.

Alas there is no standard way to detect speaker settings (DirectSound does not properly report this, I believe).

Also not fixed by the patch (if this is not WAD): alien abductee spawn does not have the Pollination Technician as a father.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 October 13, 18:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i actually have 2 speakers conected to a central subwoofer. what sound setting should i use then?

crushes still happen with the new sitting interactions, like stealing bite throwing food
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2005 October 13, 18:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Son of a crap crap crap and more crap.

I can't find my disk.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: 2005 October 13, 18:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's a different exam bug, but the one I'm referring to is that my students get exams at ridiculous hours of the night...midnight, 1 am, etc. I don't think any error is going to be generated, but I'll do that next time, Tom. I'm hardly an expert here but it seems it's more a case of not having the right checks in place to make sure the exams occur at a reasonable time. TwoJeffs has had a fix for it available for some time, but I don't think it's been verified as NL-compatible.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 October 13, 18:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i actually have 2 speakers conected to a central subwoofer. what sound setting should i use then?

Probably stereo I suppose. Although if you notice a difference in sound with the other settings and the game runs okay for you then go for it.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 October 13, 19:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's a different exam bug, but the one I'm referring to is that my students get exams at ridiculous hours of the night...midnight, 1 am, etc. I don't think any error is going to be generated, but I'll do that next time, Tom. I'm hardly an expert here but it seems it's more a case of not having the right checks in place to make sure the exams occur at a reasonable time. TwoJeffs has had a fix for it available for some time, but I don't think it's been verified as NL-compatible.

Jen

I think this is happening because your students have lived in more than one place in the university or they have visited community lots. The semester is a fixed number of sim hours (I think 72). When you go to a community lot, the clock keeps running. When you return to the residential lot, it is the same time on the clock as when you left, but the semester clock would reflect the time spent at the community lot.

Example: semester starts at 8am - 72 more hours until final exam
At 10am - go to community lot and stay 8 hours
Return to residential lot - residential lot still shows time as 10am (when you left) but there are only 62 hours until the final exam: 8am-10am on residential lot + 8 hours at community lot. 
When the 62 hours is up, it might be the middle of the night on the residential lot.

Same thing if they move into another residence - it's 8am when they move in but the lot they moved out of it may have been 7pm at night.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 October 13, 19:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's a different exam bug, but the one I'm referring to is that my students get exams at ridiculous hours of the night...midnight, 1 am, etc.
Oh! I know it then.. but i hardly consider it a bug, i think this is "by design".
The only reason that your sims get exams in weird times is because when you visit community lots, they hours untill the final exam will still count, however when you go back home, the hour of the day wil lbe the same of when you left, pushing your exam to later hours.

like this: If it is 9 AM and it is 24 hours until your sim's final exam, then the final should happen at 9 AM the next day. however, if this sim visits a community lot at  10 AM (23 hours before the exam) and stays at the community lot for 7 hours, when he goes back home, it will sitll be 10 AM but it will be 15 hours untill the final exam, this means the final will now happen at 3 AM the next day, instead of 9 AM.
Then you just have to go to  community lot and stay there for 7 more hours, then the final will happen at 8 PM.

This can be a little annoying if you are not exactly fond of doing some math, however i think they did it this way, so you cant get some extra hours before the exam. i mean, if your exam was going to happen at mid night and it got rescheduled to 8 AM, then you get 8 more hours to study.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 October 13, 19:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jen

From what I remember TwoJeffs mentioned that if the exam bug is nixed for good (crossing fingers) he's planning on making a mod for having finals at normal daytime hours.

I'm having mixed results myself with the matchmaker. For some sims, I pay full price and get the perfect sim for them. Others, I pay the full fee and get someone I'd never have hooked them up with. Perhaps it's a difference in perception of who'd we'd marry our sims to and whom the matchmaker believes their "perfect" match is. I wonder if there would be better matches with more sims in the neighborhood. Maybe the elder that shows up on the blind date is the best match Zodiac, aspiration and personality-wise unless we fill up the "dating pool" so to speak. Wink
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 October 13, 20:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jen

It is NL compatable, works in my game. Don't know about post patch though

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2005 October 14, 00:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, I guess that makes sense in a way but it's still annoying...and it doesn't behave that way with regards to work in the regular neighborhood  Tongue

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2005 October 14, 01:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm guess I am going to give it a go now and install..I think I've found all the information I can on this thing for now

*crosses fingers and jumps into the land of no return*

*edit*

Hmm..that was oddly quick and painless..I'm almost scared now lol

So now what hacks I have should be obsolete...

I'm guessing if the patch works like it should, there should be no need for...

Portal fixes and monitors
vampires don't bite NPCs
move out bug fix
no corrupt death
death fix

can anybody confirm that?

Would the LTW variety fix would fine with this..leaving it out for now as I don't know if there were any changes that would make it make something not work correctly.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 14, 01:35:48 by skandelouslala » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 October 14, 01:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the LTW variety hack and have not noticed any problems.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 October 14, 01:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool...thanks for sharing that tidbit..I'll stick it back in and take my chances.

*hmm that sounded kind of wrong*  Tongue
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 October 14, 03:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

on't know if there's a different exam bug, but the one I'm referring to is that my students get exams at ridiculous hours of the night...midnight, 1 am, etc. I don't think any error is going to be generated, but I'll do that next time, Tom. I'm hardly an expert here but it seems it's more a case of not having the right checks in place to make sure the exams occur at a reasonable time. TwoJeffs has had a fix for it available for some time, but I don't think it's been verified as NL-compatible.

Yeah, I've always assumed the "finals at 2 am thing" was just kind of badly thought out design rather then a bug.  I've never used the fix, it doesn't really bug me enough to warrent fixing.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 October 14, 08:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have the University timer clock, that automatically resets late night exams to 8 am.

Zephyr Zodiac
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: 2005 October 14, 08:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the patch yesterday, and I've noticed a couple of oddities since then:

1.  When a social bunny showed up for one of my sims, it was still semi-visible when I had a different sim selected.  (the male sim in the background is the one who has the social bunny, the male sim in the foreground is selected)

2.  I just had a sim acheive a lifetime want of being in love with 20 sims at once.  The memory seems to have a blank icon.  I've never managed this want before, so I don't know what would normally show up here.

I don't have any hacks or downloads (well, expect for the Maxis made ones).
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 October 14, 09:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that social bunny semi-transparency thing since I got the original game. I don't think that's related to the patch.
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2005 October 14, 11:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that social bunny semi-transparency thing since I got the original game. I don't think that's related to the patch.

Odd, I've never seen it before now.  I'm sure all my social bunnies were properly invisible. Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2005 October 14, 11:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine too, and I've had to reinstall loads of times, and it's never happened!  Maybe it's a hack or an object that causes it?

Zephyr Zodiac
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2005 October 14, 11:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine too, and I've had to reinstall loads of times, and it's never happened!  Maybe it's a hack or an object that causes it?

I've never downloaded any hacks or non-Maxis made objects (and I've never downloaded any lots or sims, so I can't have acquired them accidentally).  So in my case at least, it can't be that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 October 14, 11:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also started getting the transparent social bunny thing since NL. I don't recall having it prior, but then again I almost never had him appear pre-NL. My sims just never had their social get that low. Since NL he practically lives in my sims houses. Is it just me or did they make the social drain faster? I suppose it could be that the sims in the main house I play are all very outgoing, but I've played outgoing sims in the past and never had this problem.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: