More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 15:58:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vampire Default Skin
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampire Default Skin  (Read 8221 times)
Uoza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Vampire Default Skin
« on: 2007 August 04, 20:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a default vampire skin that used Enayla's Vampire Grace skintone, but it works like an overlay and blends with the sims original skintone and when I add the make up included with the Vampire Grace download it's either smothered so much it's unrecognisable or if I use this tutorial http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=173232 it just looks like a strawberries and cream incident which is not as scary as it sounds.  I also tried following this tutorial on making defaults http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=194390 but changing DXT3/5 to DXT1 just screwed up the beautiful graphics.

So if anyone can help me either figure out how to make a default vampire out of Enayla's Vampire Grace bundle (it would be a bonus to have the makeup and eye's that came with it as default for all vamps) or maybe if it's completely impossible is there anyway to get the skin as a full body mask that can be placed over the skin, thanks a bunch in advance for any input ^_^
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Vampire Default Skin
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 04, 23:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't is just a matter of removing the transparency?

Edit:  My tests show that if you want to use the skintone as an exact replacement, in stead of a transparent overlay, this is a 10 minute job.
I'll show you what I threw together, I just have to find a place to upload it.
Edit II: http://www.bestsharing.com/files/GILDZ314462/REPLACEMENT_vampiregrace.package.html
« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 00:03:33 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Uoza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 05, 09:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aah you even put in the shadow eyes and blood smear *wells up with tears* thank you so so soooo much Gwill ( as a matter of interest, how did you do add the make-up and default eye to the skin?)

If i wanted to to add make-up to my vampire I would have to move all their respective layers to a much higher number?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 05, 09:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just copied the makeup and eye textures onto the face texture.  I noticed afterwards that there was a eyeshadow in the bundle as well.  I didn't add that, but I can fix that in a minute if you want.  And I'm not quite sure the elder body textures are correct.

I think there are some fixes around that helps with the vampire skin layering.  Do you have Pescado's vampire fixes?

Edit:  I did mess up the elder textures.  What I thought were teen skins turned out to be the elder textures.  On the positive side, some extra compression made the file small enough to upload here.

* REPLACEMENT_vampiregrace.rar (605.79 KB - downloaded 309 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 August 05, 10:02:42 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Uoza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 05, 10:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I would like the whole lot (except the eyebrows) all smooshed together if it's not too much to ask.  I'll do a search for those vamp hacks, thanks for pointing them out pour moi.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 05, 10:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second version I uploaded does include the eyeshadow.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Uoza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 05, 11:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much Gwill Cheesy you're the bestest ^_^
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 05, 19:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-nips it and runs to toss it into game-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 06, 04:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  I did mess up the elder textures.  What I thought were teen skins turned out to be the elder textures.  On the positive side, some extra compression made the file small enough to upload here.
I read somewhere that with the vampire overlay one of the elder textures is also the teen female texture. This did turn out to be true. aikea guinea made one of the mods to remove the grey\blue overlay and was having problems, i had found the information here that turned out to be just the ticket.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 06, 06:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it was the elder male texture that was being used on the adult female. The teen texture is a mix of the teen male and teen female body textures.

Oh yeah and it really is Pescado's fix... *cough*

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 06, 07:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, your original texture got dropped from the latest version, as I crosslinked it to a Maxian texture instead after studying the way Maxis was doing things anyway, in an attempt to shrink the filesize. Your original wasn't a comprehensive fix of all things vampy, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 06, 19:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know he made it, he is teh awesomeness. aikea guinea just made one first ...or ...possibly just got one out first. I'm a member of an LJ group, she was pretty active there at the time. You can see how she is about vampires being pretty, she made that thing within hours and shared. I know she got one out first because i was perusing here to see if the hacks had been updated and see what the others had experienced in the game with relation to borkiness.  Doesn't matter though ...she is at the tsr and has mostly left the LJ group ...that is traitorous...  and she likes her vamps foreheads to be big so her facial piercings can't be used on most of my sims... Tongue

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 07, 23:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, your original texture got dropped from the latest version, as I crosslinked it to a Maxian texture instead after studying the way Maxis was doing things anyway, in an attempt to shrink the filesize. Your original wasn't a comprehensive fix of all things vampy, anyway.

Bah I'll keep my shade correct teen texture (different from the one you had, the previous only corrected the alpha channel), it's better than having the bright blue lines all over the body from using the adult female texture. Grin You should try using the difference blending mode on the two textures in Photoshop sometime Pescado.
The face texture may be the same for AF and TF but there are no shared AF and TF body textures besides clothing.

I know he made it, he is teh awesomeness. aikea guinea just made one first ...or ...possibly just got one out first.

Eh what? I was talking about the actual fixes to the vamp materials: the EM texture used on AF that stumped everyone that tried making replacements and the missing AM fang texture reference I discovered by accident.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 07, 23:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know he made it, he is teh awesomeness. aikea guinea just made one first ...or ...possibly just got one out first.

Eh what? I was talking about the actual fixes to the vamp materials: the EM texture used on AF that stumped everyone that tried making replacements and the missing AM fang texture reference I discovered by accident.
[/quote]

Ahh, ok, there was some confusion. Aikea made that mod thing to make the vampire skin not show. To make the vampire skin overlay transparent.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: