More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 25, 23:39:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!  (Read 25827 times)
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
Re: The Phone Ringing Is Driving Me Crazy!!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 02, 04:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As mentioned above, the ringer limits don't work. However turning off the ringer completely does work, which is how I play anyway.

Also, were the hours that it is OK to call changed with NL? I can call until 2AM with no harassment now. If this is a hack addition good one.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 02, 04:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I blind, or is the Phone hack not in this list:

Index of /ffs/nl/hacks
 Parent Directory        26-Sep-2005 19:20      - 
 bathroomusesyou.zip     28-Sep-2005 15:43   108k 
 clothingtool.zip        28-Sep-2005 15:42     4k 
 comm-skilling.zip       26-Sep-2005 14:17     1k 
 dailygardener.zip       26-Sep-2005 14:25     1k 
 ltwvariety.zip          26-Sep-2005 19:20     3k 
 macrotastics.zip        28-Sep-2005 16:23    30k 
 noretiredjobspam.zip    26-Sep-2005 14:44     1k 
 noroadpillows.zip       26-Sep-2005 14:13     1k 
 scannergunhack.zip      26-Sep-2005 14:21     4k 
 thefightclub.zip        26-Sep-2005 14:26     2k 

just wondering.....
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 02, 05:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in the NL test directory.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 02, 06:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As mentioned above, the ringer limits don't work. However turning off the ringer completely does work, which is how I play anyway.
And this...is why it's still in testing, and not on the finished list.

Also, were the hours that it is OK to call changed with NL? I can call until 2AM with no harassment now. If this is a hack addition good one.
It isn't, Nightlife may have changed it, though, but without the Phone Hack, you probably never even attempted it for fear of being screamed at. As the Phone Hack warns you that Phone Harassment Is Bad when you're doing it, you'd have been more likely to try to probe.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 02, 06:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope the new phonehack doesn't harass the vamps to call them after midnight because they actually like being called then and for them harassment is calling them during the day and making them drag their undead asses out of bed and get toasted in the process. They get rather upset if you call them during the day.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 02, 07:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the phone rings beyond the limit that you set, could it possibly be someone calling to invite your Sim on an outing/date? I can't say for sure because I am using autoyak to try and keep up with all the "Call to Chat" wants (Worst. Wants. EVER!) but every time someone invites my Sims out for a follow-up outing, the phone will ring for hours upon hours until the call is answered. Maybe those types of phone calls aren't being caught and are allowed to continue incessantly? Anyway, just a thought.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 02, 07:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it can't be just offer to go downtown. To test earlier I ran a house without going out for about a week earliier and it rang off the hook with all the people calling me all day every day.

Webcest.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 02, 10:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the phone rings beyond the limit that you set, could it possibly be someone calling to invite your Sim on an outing/date? I can't say for sure because I am using autoyak to try and keep up with all the "Call to Chat" wants (Worst. Wants. EVER!) but every time someone invites my Sims out for a follow-up outing, the phone will ring for hours upon hours until the call is answered. Maybe those types of phone calls aren't being caught and are allowed to continue incessantly? Anyway, just a thought.

Speaking of Autoyak....I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere, but Sims don't continue to chat past the social bar filling on the 'Call a Sim' option. I think the 'Call Friends' option is working, but I don't use that as much.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 02, 12:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AutoYak and Phone Hack are seperate and unrelated, and do not require each other. AutoYak adds a phone call option with its own stoplogics, the Phone Hack laters the stop logics of existing call options.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pearlbh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 02, 15:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About calling in the middle of the night, I also was able to call around 1 am with no problem.  I tried it later, at about 4 am, and what happens now is that the "phone harrassment is bad" message doesn't pop up until after you've chosen who you want to call.  So if it's a vampire, you don't get the phone harrassment message; if it's a normal Sim, you do.  So this aspect is working perfectly.  I wonder too though, if Nightlife has changed the cutoff calling time to 2 am (makes sense, being NIGHTLIFE and all.)

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 02, 16:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes NL did extend the calling times which seems plenty fair since preNL sims were calling you at late hours - well past the cut off time you could call them. And since the game is called Nightlife, it stands to reason.

I am having the darndest time dl anything from here or even viewing threads at the moment...I think its time for a new proxy. *sigh*
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 02, 20:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The AutoYak and Phone Hack are seperate and unrelated, and do not require each other. AutoYak adds a phone call option with its own stoplogics, the Phone Hack laters the stop logics of existing call options.

Yes, yes, I know that. I was just mentioning that one feature of Autoyak doesn't seem to be working properly.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 02, 20:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's not a feature.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 02, 20:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which feature is that a part of then? I know I could call anyone in the call list and the sim not hanging up until he/she reached a critical need issue or the daily reached 100.

I know -I know, go figure it out and rtfm(s)...

*Aha! It was autosoc.package right? Am I right? Do I get a prize?
« Last Edit: 2005 October 02, 21:01:31 by nectere » Logged
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 02, 21:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which feature is that a part of then? I know I could call anyone in the call list and the sim not hanging up until he/she reached a critical need issue or the daily reached 100.

I know -I know, go figure it out and rtfm(s)...

*Aha! It was autosoc.package right? Am I right? Do I get a prize?

You're thinking of the phonehack, not autosoc.  Autosoc doesn't have anything to do with phone interactions, it's the one that lets you do Macro...Socialize...Friendly/Unfriendly/Romantic.  (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong....)

I really miss the phonehack too, can't wait until it's finished testing

Karen
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 03, 00:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah glad to see the phone hack is in testing.  I might give it a go before it is finished if I'm feeling experimental later.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 03, 00:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, well, it's a good thing they upped the time you can call someone because your visitors go home so dang early now! I got used to it using the hack that made them stay later so it's even worse - 6:00 PM for kids and 9-something for adults? Makes no sense.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 03, 02:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About calling in the middle of the night, I also was able to call around 1 am with no problem.  I tried it later, at about 4 am, and what happens now is that the "phone harrassment is bad" message doesn't pop up until after you've chosen who you want to call.  So if it's a vampire, you don't get the phone harrassment message; if it's a normal Sim, you do.  So this aspect is working perfectly.

Well that's good. Now, if you try to call a vampire during the day does it pop up the 'Harassment is bad, Mmkay?' message warning you first now? I've accidentally forgotten and called a few vamps during day hours and it's annoying if you aren't intending to harass them.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 03, 03:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's good. Now, if you try to call a vampire during the day does it pop up the 'Harassment is bad, Mmkay?' message warning you first now? I've accidentally forgotten and called a few vamps during day hours and it's annoying if you aren't intending to harass them

Yeah, I did that once already. Was intending to phone another sim but was going to phone the vampire later and was thinking about that so I clicked on the wrong thing, gah. So easy to mess up.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 03, 04:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another night done playing.

Only 1 new potentiel bug report.

At Uni in a house with no hard line phone, only 3 cells, several times sims stopped chatting before relationship scores were maxxed. This did not happen in the houses outside of uni at all and I didn't see it happen again after putting a hard line in the house.

No prehack uni play to compare though.

And pesc, I know bugs are why it isn't out yet, thats why I am reporting them, not griping :p.

Webcest.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 04, 05:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi JM I am using the phone hack and have noticed these problems

1.  Ringer can not be set but u can turn it off.

2.  The person whom rang gets telported to the lot.

That is all at the monent I am going to remove the phone hack Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 04, 15:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's apparently a problem even without the phone hack on lots that were never played when the phone hack was installed with Sims on the phone being teleported to the lot.  I saw it once myself, although the Sim immediately disappeared.  I think the base problem is in the game, not in the phone hack.  I hope Pescado can fix it.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 04, 16:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get this a lot in the base game, of course it wasnt the only problem I was having and I could tell from other events that I had a corrupted install. So I reinstalled a couple of times until I got a good one. (which I still have  - weee)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 04, 16:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a lot where two people on my lot were talking to the same person on the phone (I think this was before Uni) and I saved the game while they were talking.  When I re-entered the lot later, they were still on the phone but the person they were talking to was standing on the lot.  I think one of my Sims could interact with the Sim on the phone but the othe couldn't.  This used to be a cause of having someone disappear from your phone book;  the game thought they were still on your lot.

The problem I mentioned above happened since I installed Nightlife.  I haven't had the phone hack in my game in a very long time.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 04, 16:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who has NEVER had to reinstall the game? Ever?

I guess I'm just lucky.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: