More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 00:47:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  comm-skilling, debugger issues
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: comm-skilling, debugger issues  (Read 12264 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
comm-skilling, debugger issues
« on: 2005 September 29, 12:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I went to play Strangetown last night.  I was playing the Grunt household.  They were fresh from NL install, no backups or anything, General Buzz standing in the house by the fishtank, etc.  I placed the lot debugger and upgraded Gen. Buzz as he was a pre-uni sim.  He wants appeared fine.  But then Tank suddenly got 2 blank wants.  No text tip.  Next thing I know, Ripp is completely blank in wants and fears and so is the little kid whose name I can't remember now.  Gen. Buzz seems to keep all his wants and fears.  I exit to neighborhood and turn on the testing cheats.  I sent Tank downtown (I think this is when it happened... could have been re-entering their lot) and got an error message (attached) actually I got two of them about wants.  Reset twice did the trick. 

Then when  I went to a downtown lot (I think it was LuLu lounge) I got six errors that had to be deleted about a new_pool_light or some such.

When I sent Tank downtown from his residential lot, the downtown screen appeared to load fully while totally silent (columns lit up all the way across from left to right and then back to the left) and then the loading music began and it loaded again all the way across and THEN loaded the community lot.

Tank is unable to gain any skill points on a community lot and no one else is either.

A cheerleader did not gain skill points at Tank's house, but the non-controlled Sim he greeted from the sidewalk did.

Huh

edited to add:  have installed all green-lighted FFS hacks and all green Twojeffs that I had (I don't have all of Twojeffs, but most).  I have disabled everything else that is not FFS or TJ or that is listed as under investigation.

C

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2005 September 29, 12:38:17 by faemidwife » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: comm-skilling, debugger issues
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 12:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the error about pool lights, even with nothing in my downloads directory, and dizzy suggested it might be a texture in an eyeshadow or something.  I deleted some makeup and stuff I didn't use that were in my SavedSims, and that fixed the problem.  The worst part is figuring out which one is causing the problem.

Here are links to the posts:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=558.msg26621#msg26621
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=558.msg26624#msg26624
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=558.msg26646#msg26646

If you have TwoJeffs want fixes, you may need to get his latest NL want fixes.  I had the want controller errors also until I got the newest ones.

I'm not sure about the blank wants, but sometimes they will come back if you satisfy a want or use boolprop to roll a few.  I also have used the Refresh wants function on the Insimenator with success.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 12:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very strange. Something is conflicting with the Get a Job Want check tree.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 13:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have TwoJeffs want fixes, you may need to get his latest NL want fixes.  I had the want controller errors also until I got the newest ones.

I do have TwoJeffs want fixes, but they are all the updated NL ones.  Weird.

C

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 13:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds more like the "noretiredjobspam" (except that the hack should work fine with NL).

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 29, 14:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is off topic, but does his no call to chat want hack for NL work for you? The first version gave me blank blue icons. The updated fixed version doesn't give me the blank icons but it doesn't seem to work at all as my sims keep getting the call to chat wants.

I'm running a lot of hacks and haven't noticed any issues with the new comm skilling, but I also don't usually run with testingcheatsenabled on so I could have had some errors and just didn't see them I suppose.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 29, 14:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is off topic, but does his no call to chat want hack for NL work for you? The first version gave me blank blue icons. The updated fixed version doesn't give me the blank icons but it doesn't seem to work at all as my sims keep getting the call to chat wants.

Same for me. He says the wants will only appear when it's relevant, like they're about to be friends or best friends, but my Sims still get them for no reason. It is working better than nothing. Without it, my Family Sim's want to have a baby wouldn't roll up because she wanted to call and then play with everyone she knows but the call to chat wants are still appearing without reason. I hate those wants more than I hate the plant and instrument (and now DJ booth) wants.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 29, 15:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running a lot of hacks and haven't noticed any issues with the new comm skilling, but I also don't usually run with testingcheatsenabled on so I could have had some errors and just didn't see them I suppose.

I have the most recent call to chat fix, and I haven't played at a house long enough to see if it's working.  I am going to try and disable it and see if that stops the blank icons.  It's weird that Dizzy says it has something to do with the "get a job" want because even Buck had the blank icons -- wants AND fears.  All of them.  Every single box was blank.  I deleted some of my eyeshadows that I don't use or didn't recognize and I'll see if that helps with the pool lights.  That's weird too.  :-P

edited to add:  I have 128 files in my hacks folder.  A bunch of those are currently disabled.  Do they need to be completely removed?  Or is disabling enough to prevent problems?
C

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 29, 15:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original version of TwoJeff's call to chat updated for NL had been known to cause the blank icon bug so it's possible you got that version. He has since updated it to fix that and I no longer get the blank icons but it just doesn't work for me at all so I just yanked it out.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 15:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original version of TwoJeff's call to chat updated for NL had been known to cause the blank icon bug so it's possible you got that version. He has since updated it to fix that and I no longer get the blank icons but it just doesn't work for me at all so I just yanked it out.

I have the one dated 9/25/2005.  That is the one listed on vs as the most recent. 

C

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 29, 15:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably the update then. The most recent one is dated last modified on 9/25/05 at 6:34 PM and is 676 bytes. Sounds like you have that one.

It's possible it could be another hack causing it, but I'm almost certain that one of the hacks that deals with wants is causing your blue empty wants, though which one I couldn't say for sure.  Sad

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 29, 16:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's probably the update then. The most recent one is dated last modified on 9/25/05 at 6:34 PM and is 676 bytes. Sounds like you have that one.

It's possible it could be another hack causing it, but I'm almost certain that one of the hacks that deals with wants is causing your blue empty wants, though which one I couldn't say for sure.  Sad

The reason I thought this had to do with the debugger is because it happened IMMEDIATELY after upgrading gen. Buzz to a uni grad.  As soon as the wants rolled, there were blanks.  Each time there was a roll, more of them were blank until poor Buck had no wants or fears at all.  Once I got Tank to a community lot, his wants were fine.  Haven't been back to the Grunt house yet.  I'll have to see what's going on there.  Tank has been fine at the University in his own house.

C

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 29, 16:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's only with Buzz and no one else? I've upgraded several non uni sims to uni status via the lot debugger and have not had problems.  Huh Weird.

I guess the only thing I can suggest is the ever tedious task of taking out hacks that you suspect (lot debuggers, want hacks) one by one and trying to locate the culprit. Sad

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 29, 16:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's only with Buzz and no one else? I've upgraded several non uni sims to uni status via the lot debugger and have not had problems.  Huh Weird.

I guess the only thing I can suggest is the ever tedious task of taking out hacks that you suspect (lot debuggers, want hacks) one by one and trying to locate the culprit. Sad

No, General Buzz is the only one I upgraded and the only one that DIDN'T get blank wants  Huh  Everyone else on the lot -- Tank, Ripp and Buck, got blanked wants and fears in varying degrees, Buck being the worst affected with every slot blank.

C

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 29, 17:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, further testing on the Smith house.  Entered the lot.  First time played with fresh install.  Disabled a few more hacks that were found that are not TJ or FFS.  Entered lot.... all is well, no errors.  Placed lot debugger, upgraded PT #9 and wife.  Checked everyone's wants..... and Jill (the child) her wants and fears all blanked out before my eyes making the same sound as the upgrading pre-uni sim sound.  Went to LuLu Lounge... no error with the pool lights.  So that's fixed by deleting some eyeshadows (?).

Went back home to Smith house and on entering lot got ONE wants error (attached).  Jill's wants & fears still all blank.  Forced error on Jill (attached) and reset.  No change.  Deleted Jill and reloaded lot after deleting debugger, now everything seems okay for the moment.  I forgot to mention earlier that as soon as I deleted the lot debugger, the wants reappeared.  The debugger is from 7/20/05 and I don't see an updated version.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 29, 17:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those error messages are strange. I wish I knew how to read them better. The part about the error with the wants controller is kind of obvious, but what the heck does a layer cake or "career exclusive" have to do with any of that? Do you have any custom foods or careers?

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 29, 22:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those error messages are strange. I wish I knew how to read them better. The part about the error with the wants controller is kind of obvious, but what the heck does a layer cake or "career exclusive" have to do with any of that? Do you have any custom foods or careers?

Well, I did but I took them out.  I can look again to make sure they're all out though.

edit to add:  no foods left, but TJ's casual romance mods for bed and hot tub; JMs Encouragificator and JMs Macrotastics launcher and Skillinator all show up as careers.

C
« Last Edit: 2005 September 29, 23:07:43 by faemidwife » Logged

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 29, 23:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point, it looks like the debugger's upgrade pre-Uni sims may need to be updated.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 30, 00:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point, it looks like the debugger's upgrade pre-Uni sims may need to be updated.

So it's not a rogue hack or a wayward lipstick?   Cheesy I can stop digging in my d/l folder for now?

C

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 30, 00:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess, but it is the common element in all your complaints, so far.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 30, 00:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess, but it is the common element in all your complaints, so far.

Oh, bummer.  I thought you could tell something from my error logs.  Do those not tell hat the problem is?  I don't know how to read them at all.

C

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 30, 00:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the error logs, the relevant info is hard to understand.

"Error: Stack number out of range." <-- usually a parameter problem

The thing is, the Check Tree for "CT - Test - Enter Career Exclusive" is defined with 6 params. The error log also says:

"Params: 102 16896 -12871 0 31629 -13152" <-- 6 params

So, I can only conclude that the Simantics iteration pointer is somehow executing code that expects 7 or more params (either the code itself has been modified that way or the processor path is FUBAR by bad data/whatever).

I know what it is. Tongue

"     6: Verify - Person ID(neighbor in stack object person instance id (0x0)); true: 5, false: false"

For some weird reason, the game is checking whether random menu items (like "Food - Dessert - Layer Cake - Menu") can have Want a Job wants. The above line of code will also give the "Stack number out of range" error because it assumes that stack object (which is from param 0) is a neighbor ID (which is clearly not the case).

So, the Wants controller is freaking out over some bad data or something like that. It's only natural to assume that some previous action has caused the Wants controller to misbehave.

Actually, now that I think about it, the error log was just misleading. 102 should be a good value for neighbor ID. I honestly have no idea what's going on there. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005 September 30, 01:07:01 by dizzy-two » Logged

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 30, 01:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki said:
I've upgraded several non uni sims to uni status via the lot debugger and have not had problems.

I've upgraded about 27 and have had no issues with it at all.  I've had no blank wants since before NL, and those were traceable to dumping uni sims into pre-uni houses. *Shrug*
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 30, 01:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, the Wants controller is freaking out over some bad data or something like that. It's only natural to assume that some previous action has caused the Wants controller to misbehave.

could this be..... what?  I have not played this house with any custom objects in place, only the hacks aforementioned, so is it looking for something and not finding it?  Any ideas where I could start?  Should I just ignore it?  Or will my game burst into a BFBVFOS?

C

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 30, 01:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking you have some larger issue to deal with than the Lot Debugger at this point. I have no idea what it could be. Maybe you had a bad install or something.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: