More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 11:26:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Houses keep reappearing in the bin
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Houses keep reappearing in the bin  (Read 5507 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Houses keep reappearing in the bin
« on: 2005 September 29, 04:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used a Maxis house for a sim in the downtown area and another copy of the house was in the bin.  I thought this was a NL feature.  Now I am making a new hood and was testing some of my houses in my test hood to see what loads and what crashes.   I bulldozed the houses that crashed and after rebooting and going back into the game, they were in the bin again.  Also houses that did work now have 2 copies.  Is this happening to anyone else?
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Houses keep reappearing in the bin
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 29, 05:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read a thread on the official BBS written by those who're thinking the duplicatation process is some sort of new feature.  I haven't noticed it yet myself since I haven't placed any houses lately, and shoot, I always end up with more than enough copies of one house because I usually install the ones I download two or three times, anyway!  Undecided

Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 29, 06:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prima guide claims that this is a new feature. I've used a house and had it reappear.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 29, 06:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any house put int he lot bin that doesn't ahve sims in it will be in the lot bin forever.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 29, 06:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any house put int he lot bin that doesn't ahve sims in it will be in the lot bin forever.
I can see problems there then. Many of my custom lots are 30-40Mbs or more, a few are more than 70-80Mbs. Here's a bit more bloat. Sad

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 29, 06:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We do have the ability to delete houses from the house bin though don't we?    I guess we just need to remember to check for them and maybe delete them once we have them placed in our neighbourhood.
Especially the big ones.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 29, 06:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the problem, as described at the beginning of the thread, meant that once a house had been in the bin, a copy would always be in the bin. I don't know if deleting it will remove it.

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 29, 06:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried to delete any, but at worst you could just delete the file for the lot itself.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 29, 06:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know.   I have never tried.   But I know you can delete your other custom content.  I was just assuming this might be the same.    The next time I boot my game up I will try and see what happens.   If you can't, that is a big problem.   I like variety in my house styles and sizes.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 29, 07:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete lots permanently from inside the bin. When you select the lot in the bin you no longer wish to keep, you can click on the little trash can in the lower right hand corner (right under the scroll arrow) and it will be removed.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 29, 14:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can delete lots permanently from inside the bin. When you select the lot in the bin you no longer wish to keep, you can click on the little trash can in the lower right hand corner (right under the scroll arrow) and it will be removed.

And that should work just fine. I've done it repeatedly and the lots I deleted in this manner are gone.

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 29, 17:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for all the replies.  I believe the bulldozing action just removes the house from the lot but the house reappears in the bin.  Deleting from the bin should get rid of the house completely.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 30, 01:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually you can take any pre-made Maxis house that are in a neighborhood, place it in the bin and then place it back where it was and it will automaticaly have done a copy of that house in the "housebin". It will be there forever unless you manually delete it from the "housebin".  So before you place a house in the "housebin" if you want to use it a few times modify it before you place it in the bin otherwise you will end-up with 2 or 3 different version of the same house (if you move each version in the housebin) which can take a lot of place if you happen to have a lot of custom stuff in each house.

I find this feature very interesting since some of the pre-made Maxis house are well done and it is a time saving when we create new neighborhoods.  Also very useful for community lots that we don't have to do over and over again.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 30, 01:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've decided not to use the pre-made Maxis houses anymore, there is at least one house with a corrupt aging controller and a dorm that is dodgy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: