More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 18:37:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  userStartup.cheat
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: userStartup.cheat  (Read 19886 times)
CTNutmegger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: userStartup.cheat
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 29, 01:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The line you have as "bugjardecay" has to written like this -  bugJarTimeDecay off or all commands following it seem to be voided.  Written with the off, the bugs don't die.

Wink

Don't get your knickers in a knot, it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 29, 08:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, you do know that the < and > keys are needed to get the 45 degree rotation?

If you don't have a English keyboard (where the > and < function are on the same key), the game uses , and . in stead.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 29, 14:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the bugjar cheat to the bottom, and all cheats worked fine. The bugjar cheat did not work as startup (even bugJarTimeDecay off, which is the way I wrote it the first time, as shown in the attatched file, silly CTNutmegger!) However, I put it in as an alias and it worked even after loading the game a second time. So the cheat is saved somehow when you save the game. Well, at least it was for the jar on the lot.... I had one firefly jar, entered the cheat, saved, exited, reloaded the game, reloaded the lot, did not reenter the cheat, waited two sim days and the bugs were still going. Then my sim caught some butterflies and they died. So either it needs to be reentered each time you get a jar or it doesn't work for butterflies.
Come to think of it, isn't the anti aging cheat saved with the lot? It's been a looooong time since I entered that one (like, the first week I got the game) and I think I only entered it once and never again, had to turn it off when I decided to see aging.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 29, 14:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thanks, I use those keys; the strange fact is that it worked only if I enter it when in a lot, and not if it's in the userstartup file. But I remember this by the first times I've tried, and didn't bother too much to investigate.
If it happended only to me, then very probabily I've mistyped it, or that was an Aspyr bug. For sure now I'm curious and will try again.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 29, 17:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the same problem with having the command in the userstartup.cheat. I haven't tried from the command prompt in game.

I didn't get the bit about keyboards - do English keyboards have < and > on the same key? I have a US keyboard - at least that's what it says every time I install Windoze.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 29, 18:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't get the bit about keyboards - do English keyboards have < and > on the same key? I have a US keyboard - at least that's what it says every time I install Windoze.

I think Gwill was saying that the < and > are on the same keys as ',' and '.'  on English keyboards. On some foreign keyboards (or if you remap your keyboard to a foreign language), that's no longer true.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 29, 20:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well mine is the same as Gwill's then.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 30, 02:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experiments, the 45 degrees cheat and the moveobjects cheat didn't work in userstartup - as a "global" cheat, but only in each lot. Maybe that would explain something.

I have the 45 degree cheat in my startup as a global and it works fine.  I got tired of typing in the alias because I use that one a lot.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: