More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 14:16:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird graphics issue with Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird graphics issue with Seasons  (Read 7769 times)
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Weird graphics issue with Seasons
« on: 2007 March 03, 01:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Seasons yesterday and almost straight away noticed something very strange. When I put some custom objects against walls (beds/showers/curtains etc) they appear to sink into the wall slightly. For example I have one custom shower that I use all the time, when I placed it in a bathroom yesterday the walls of the shower sank into the room wall and it looked as if the shower head was coming out of the tiles. This didn't happen before Seasons so I know it's an issue with Seasons, but I don't know what's causing it. Anyone any ideas? I've updated all my hacks (I don't have any non-awesome ones either) and in terms of graphics settings everything else in the game appears fine and it runs on the highest settings. Is it still possible this is a graphics card issue? Or is it something else entirely?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Weird graphics issue with Seasons
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 03, 03:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of my custom objects have done that since base game.  I always assumed it was the objects being too wide/deep or whatever...  But if it didn't happen to you before and does now, it sounds like there is something else going on.  I have base game and OFB only.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 03, 04:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC this was introduced with a patch... NL p1?
It was the bugfix that enabled objects from inventory to be placed again walls again.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 03, 04:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't tell me they purposely  broke something in order to fix something else?

Fail.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 05:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC this was introduced with a patch... NL p1?
It was the bugfix that enabled objects from inventory to be placed again walls again.

That's a very strange way to fix something. However it can't be due to that in this case because I have all the expansions and this has never happened before so it must be something that Seasons has done to the game. It's very frustrating!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 15:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this is related to the flat rug issue mentioned in another thread?

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 03, 17:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it's the same thing I've been noticing..

My appliances, when placed at the corner of two walls, sinks in. Same thing with bookshelves. I really started to notice it with the bookshelves because it loses the whole right or left "side" and ends up looking like someone just tacked some shelving to the wall and disguised it by putting up one long "side".

..and no, no Seasons here yet.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 03, 21:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet another Graphics problem. 
I have no hacks whatsoever in my game, and I'm running the NVidia GEFORCE GO 7400, and this is the latest weirdness to come from the game.  Any idea's?  Any suggestions?

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 03, 21:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use any custom items (at the moment anyway) but I did have the back of the cheapest shower sink into a wall after placing it in a Riverblossom Hills home. Didn't occur to me until I saw this thread that it's not supposed to do that (it just looked like the piping was in the wall, actually very realistic as glitches go).

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 04, 04:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the showers it's not too bad, but when it starts happening with bookshelves and counters etc it's really annoying. Yesterday I attempted to put those new three decorative jars on a corner kitchen counter unit and they ended up on the other side of the wall hovering in the living room. Very weird!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 04, 04:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My weird graphical issue is that I suddenly don't have any more invisible fish. Weh, where did my invisible fish go? Wink

Really, I am as surprised as you are. The fish have returned.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 04, 11:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had a doghouse bleeding through a wall that was definitely fine before Seasons - I did have the patch that fixed the placing things from your inventory issue.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 19, 02:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet another Graphics problem.  <imagesnip>
I have no hacks whatsoever in my game, and I'm running the NVidia GEFORCE GO 7400, and this is the latest weirdness to come from the game.  Any idea's?  Any suggestions?

Sorry to say.. need more memory. I had the same problem when we got sims downloaded on this computer the first time. We added a bigger RAM (fairly cheaply, even) and no more problem.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
LIUBluejeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 19, 02:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet another Graphics problem. 

I don't have any suggestions, but I noticed a nearly invisible passerby yesterday.  I just barely caught it as she was walking off the edge of the lot, but she looked just like that...only barely there...

I have 2gig of RAM in my system and a Radeon x1600 Pro video card with 512mb of DDR2 ram.  I *don't* think it a memory issue.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 24, 19:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the sims fade out when they reach the edge of the lot anyway, maybe you caught her just as that was happening?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 25, 03:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My counters and bookcases have always poked into any walls they're standing next to (not in front of, the sideways thing). Windows next to a wall and curtains on those windows will get awkwardly cropped by running into the adjacent wall as well. RAM should really not be an issue for me, but if I remember, I'll take a quick snap and see if it's the same thing you guys are talking about.

Regarding the hazy-lined, invisibility static as pictured above, I've had the same thing happen in my game since Life Stories and now Seasons - it happens when I leave the game minimized in the background for too long (or sometimes not very long at all). When I click the toolbar to bring the game back up, it looks like somehow the re-rendering of the graphics just gets hopelessly borked, and the only fix is a reboot.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: