More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 10:25:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  making disk image of Pets CD
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: making disk image of Pets CD  (Read 2886 times)
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
making disk image of Pets CD
« on: 2007 February 17, 10:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Bitsy's Husband]

I'm trying to make a disk image of the Sims 2 Pets CD as my drive is failing, but I'm not able to get a working image - has anyone successfully done this?  I'm using the latest version of CloneCD that has worked for all of the previous disks, but when I load up the image using Deamon Tools the pets splash screen loads up and asks me to insert the disk.  An sigguestions? 

Thanks in Advnace
--Matttail

[/Bitsy's Husband]

Eschew Obfuscation.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: making disk image of Pets CD
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 17, 10:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure someone more Awesome than me will have a better answer but....I use Game Jackal. You can use their trial version to see what you think of it(although it starts out loading your game very quickly, eventually it will take longer and longer for your game to load the more you use it and don't pay for it).
 It was very, very simple to set up (especially for the technically challenged like myself) and I use it for a variety of games. I finally did buy it because it was very reasonably priced and I was tired of the long loading times.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
deviantDK
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 17, 10:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

don't know if it will work, but have you tried using SafeDisc 4 Hider / SD4Hide (available from gamecopyworld.com) to bypass safedisk blacklisting of deamon tools? seeing as it's necessery to use a hider when using a mini image it probably is necessery to use one when using a full clone of the play disk, but I'm just guessing, anyway it's worth a try I'd say

Landing a man on the moon. MEH
Mooning a man on the landing. WIN
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 17, 11:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bitsy: recent Sims disks also require a safedisc hider (like schizo mentions). Then any valid image (including mini images) will work.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 17, 12:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Bitsy's Husband]

Thanks for that!  I got the SD4hider program and my image works perfectly!  I may check out game jackal as I don't particularly like having to launch two applications to use/mount the image, but at least things are working for now. 

--matttail

[/Bitsy's Husband]

Eschew Obfuscation.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: