More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 12:55:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  i'm asking this sheepishly,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: i'm asking this sheepishly,  (Read 6171 times)
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
i'm asking this sheepishly,
« on: 2007 January 05, 13:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've just installed my games again for the first time in ages. before i uninstalled i realised that making sims in bodyshop was more flexible than making them in CAS. but tonight i noticed that the two darker default skins have stupid white patches on the cheeks. so i'm asking if anyone here knows of nice looking skins that are default replacements. i've had a look around this site and am terrifed of asking at the BBS, so i'm here asking a sheepy question. but you guys are so good at helping with stuff like this.

thanks a heap.  Grin

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: i'm asking this sheepishly,
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 05, 15:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyran has some nice replacements.  I usually just apply a little blush to the light spots, even on the guys; blends right in.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 05, 16:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As said, Lyran's re-works of Louis' skintones are really nice.

Other default replacement skintones I've seen around are Enayla's (you have to be able to stand a lot of glossy, shiny effects on your skins though) which you can find at MTS2 and Rensims' (at their own site).

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 05, 18:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't post here anymore, but since it looks like the OP has gotten some, um, confusing information, I thought I should step in and clear things up a bit. Smiley

Lyran is a different person from Louis is a different person from Enayla is a different person from RenSims. Smiley Unless I've totally missed something, none of these people have collaborated on any skins.

All skin makers include nipples on the female teens/adults/elders, and should all be google-able by name.

Lyran makes very nice skins that are matte and have the 'cartoony' feel of Maxis skins, but with a nicer tone and shading. She also has a skin paler than the default pale, a pale skin with freckles, and a dark skin darker than the default darkest.

RenSim makes skins that are a bit more realistic than Lyran's, but still fairly stylized. The textures are very smooth and nice and s/he also has a pale and very dark skin. You will have to donate to get the complete set of defaults, although it's only $2 and then I think you are eligable for donation gifts forever. Do note that they are anatomically correct.

Louis makes still more realistic skins, still rather matte but with a bit of a shine on some parts. Features are defined better than on Maxis skins, and there is a wider range of colours. I suggest the Lin edition on ShinySims.

Finally, Enayla at MTS2 has a couple of sets of skins available. Her skins are fairly realistic but somewhat ethereal. The first set of defaults she made are extremely glow-y, but the second set is much better. These have somewhat of a glow (NOT a shine; the skins do not look wet) but it works fine with the ingame lighting, and is fairly realistic since humans don't actually have flat matte skin, magazine models nonwithstanding. Cheesy

Happy simming!

jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 05, 19:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the newer Enayla default skins, apparently adapted from her Pixie collection. Please note that some of these skintones have subtle beauty-marks on the face. Also, Alkaloid at MTS2 has created some layerable face powders for Enayla's older skins to help tone down the shine effect (http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=188073). They're found under Blush and can layer with other blushes as well.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 05, 20:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For defaults, I tend to use Enayla. For other, I use Enayla & Oepu. I tend to like realistic skins.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 05, 20:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use helaene's 1111 defaults. I think they're at sexysims now, because they aren't Barbie. I like them because they look somewhat realistic without being oily. The only problem is that the undereye is too dark, but that's very easy to edit.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 05, 21:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep coming back to lyrans!  I've messed with quite a few others - but I can't stand the hyper-realism that some simmers want.  Helaene's 1111 skins weren't too bad, but I got sick of my sim men being covered in rugs - they are really hairy.

I'm somewhat addicted to Dylan's laverwinkle alien skin and find that the lyrans skins go better with it.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 05, 21:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think helaene's 111 skins are particularly hairy, though the darkest skin tone does have too much hair -- people of African descent usually have less body hair. I think they just look like real men. Of course, anyone who's been paying attention (OK, wishful thinking) knows that I like my men to be kinda manly Wink.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 05, 21:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As said, Lyran's re-works of Louis' skintones are really nice.

I think you mean Lin's edition instead of Lyran's. Smiley
Found @ Shiny Sims.

Though I use them quite all the time, the dark and the mid skintone are far too light. But it's ok.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 05, 23:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also use Lyran's in conjunction with the laverwinkle alien skin.  The only thing I would change about Lyran's skins is that the areola could be lighter in relation to the skintone or possibly simply smaller.  If my female sims are wearing low cut tops, you can sometimes see the edge of the areola.

It doesn't bother me enough to stop using her skins.  And I wouldn't give up my laverwinkle aliens for anything.  The family I've just recently founded a new neighborhood with is made up of a CAS sim married to Stella Terrano from La Fiesta Tech's sim bin.  They have between them 6 kids (2 by alien abduction) and the only one who isn't laverwinkle is the dad.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 05, 23:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for all your replies, after i posted last night i went for a look on MTS2 and downloaded louis #7 skintone with defaults, but i haven't had a chance to try it yet, having just awoken my first thing for the day is MATY but i'll look at some of these other ones.
you guys are so helpful. i love having a place where not every question is answered with "you gotta reinstall"...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 05, 23:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but don't forget to reinstall your game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 06, 00:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm.... maybe that's why my CC won't work! Oh noes!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: