More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 17:54:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to create an image of CD?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to create an image of CD?  (Read 3370 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
How to create an image of CD?
« on: 2006 December 30, 22:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My CD drive is making funny noises after firing up the sims for 20 times in an hour.
 I have no clue how to do this, not even sure what it's called, but can anybody direct me to some easy instructions on how to create an image of my game cd so I don't have to use it to play. I don't even know what program I need to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: How to create an image of CD?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 30, 22:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try gamecopyworld, when you have agreed to their 1st page and get to the main page, look at the top right hand corner under 'Main'. I found a lot of useful info there.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 30, 23:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two programs that are commonly used to make ISOs are Alcohol 120% and CloneCD.  If you don't have those you can use Nero Burning ROM but I'm not sure an image made by that will bypass the copy protections.  All of these solutions cost money so you're better off getting a No-CD crack or an Mini-image from GameCopyWorld.

As for mounting?  Most people use DAEMON Tools in combination with a SafeDisk hider like CureROM or sd4hide.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 31, 00:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay I'll search for a mini-image then. Because I just installed 2 image creators, fiddled around with nero with no luck and mounted the image (with daemontools and safedisk) and it didn't work without the cd. I guess I'm not going to easily learn this in the next 20 minutes so I'll be better of with something someone who knows what they're doing has put up.
I don't like no-cd cracks because I can't trust those exe's  (I remember when I had just the original game, not being able to use the build mode sucked. So I stuck to playing with the cd until it got fixed properly a few months later)

Edit: Changed my mind. The nocd exe is sooo much more foolproof. Much easier, just have to remember to use my original backup exe when I install the patch. So was this a useless thread? No I don't think so, I read up a lot on different forums after Gamecopyworld's info and Daemon's main site Smiley Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2006 December 31, 00:20:46 by blubug » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 31, 01:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome. Good luck with repairing/replacing your CD drive.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 31, 02:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but it cd drive started working normally now, and I got the exe and I'm doing my testing without the cd now. But you never know, the  damned thing IS 4 years old, so it should  kick the bucket soon enough. Cheesy
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 31, 09:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, 4 years. mine never reached that age. my best record is my current one, close to 2 years, and i'm crossing my fingers for good luck...

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: