More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 13:03:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Error when teen sneaks out
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error when teen sneaks out  (Read 12067 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Error when teen sneaks out
« on: 2006 December 21, 05:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried to have a teen sim sneak out - got an error along the lines of "trying to route while off world"

Error log attached.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's a freaky one-off thing or maxis buggyness, but figure someone here will know.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 21, 08:26:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: Error when teen sneaks out
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 21, 06:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... looks like the Sleep Clock is trying to push the sleep interaction on the sim that snuck out. Since they are "off world" it barfs up an error. I suppose there should be a test to make sure the sim isn't "away" or what not.

Ste

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 21, 06:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleep clock copes ok when the sim is at work/class - it just queues up going to bed for when they arrive home.  I take it this is something Pescado needs to update?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 21, 08:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is an extremely unusual error: For this to happen, the "sneak out" action would have had to end while the sim was still off-lot, meaning your sim would have gotten stuck off lot forever with no way to return. This is probably related to a Maxian bug where teens can sneak out and never return, because the sneak out action forgot to bring them home again, leaving them stuck offworld forever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 21, 08:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it that it's put down to random maxian buggyness and I should just be thankful that the reset on the error returned my sim to home?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 21, 09:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it that it's put down to random maxian buggyness and I should just be thankful that the reset on the error returned my sim to home?
Pretty much. Otherwise you'd be lost in space, wondering why your teen isn't coming home.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 21, 10:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of interest, what makes teens run away? I've never had one do it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 21, 10:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me neither, but I'm told it has something to do with them having poor relationships with the rest of the family.  No idea if that's true, though.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 21, 10:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think that's true. If you make a townie teenager member of a family with the Ingelogical shrub without first setting good relationships 9 times out of 10 he or she will run away immediately. I have never been able to scare of Lilith Pleasant though.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 21, 11:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be quite hard, sims usually have excellent relationships if they live in the same house, jealousy is about all that affects my sim family relationships negatively. Must try the townie teen scenario...

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 21, 13:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never been able to scare of Lilith Pleasant though.

Before I knew much about the game (or all the hacks and mods for it Smiley), I played the Pleasant scenario pretty much as shipped. I had Mary-Sue kick Daniel out of the house, and that seemed to trigger Lilith running off.  She ran away at least 3 times and was brought back by the cops, but the 4th time no one was home to call the cops so she got away for good.  Fortunately her grades were in the B area by that point, so she went to college as soon as she returned home, and she'd now Mayor. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 22, 00:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get a teen to sneak out.....  Huh

I've only done it once way back when i first installed sims2, and i don't remember how.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 22, 01:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get a teen to sneak out.....  Huh

After 10pm, the teen will get a 'sneak out' option on the phone if he/she has a boyfriend/girlfriend or at least one best friend.  If the friend accepts, the friend comes by to pick up your teen @ 1am.  Assuming the teen isn't picked up by the cops, the teen gets home at around 4am.

Of course, that assumes the teen can get past the parents both ways. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 22, 02:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

must try..    Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 22, 03:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I miss the dates that happened the same way, ask parental permission, phone, make date, get picked up, no hassle. I don't get a phone option for that kind of date anymore.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 22, 03:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can have your teen sim ask permission to go out after 8:00 pm, I think it is.  If permission is granted, the sim will go call a friend, and the friend will come pick them up in a car around 10:00 pm.  It's been a while since I did that. 

I had a problem a long time ago that I discussed here with a teen sneaking out or going out.  I got a similar error as ness but with Macrotastics Power Idle.  I disabled Power Idle thinking that was the problem, but after a while, the sleep clock kicked in and the same problem occurred.  The problem was that the teen sim had a want to go out with this friend, and the want wasn't satisfied because the teen would get reset and get teleported to the front yard.  I repeated the scenario many times since I exited without saving.  The teen didn't get in the car, they were just standing on the curb one moment, and they were in the car the next.  And there was no icon in their queue.  I went to another house to see if the teen could go out, and there were no problems.  It was just that one lot.  I finally discovered it was the mailbox that was in the way where the sim couldn't get in the passenger side door.  This only affected the go out/sneak out interaction, not sims getting in the carpool or going to school.  With the carpool, the sim would walk around and get in the back.  I used moveobjects to move the mailbox, and the teen was able to go out properly. 

I have discovered one of the "trailer" type lots near the Brokes' that has a problem with the school bus.  I moved the Burbs in there, and Lucy couldn't get off the school bus.  I had to move the mailbox there too.  Perhaps this is your problem, ness?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 22, 04:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow!  I think you're a genius!

Yes, I think the mail box may have something to do with it.  The sim went out and appeared to be standing beside it, then just vanished into thin air, then shortly afterwards I'd get the error and then have to reset the sim to get them back.  Other lots have had teens that can sneak out without problems.  I'll try moving the mail box and see if that helps.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 22, 05:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm just glad my experience could help someone else.  I asked everyone here and no one had a clue, even the "great" Pescado.  Tongue  I didn't want to lose the house though, so I kept trying and eliminating all the possibilities until I figured it out. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 22, 06:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can have your teen sim ask permission to go out after 8:00 pm, I think it is.  If permission is granted, the sim will go call a friend, and the friend will come pick them up in a car around 10:00 pm.  It's been a while since I did that. 

And thanks from me for this Rainbow. Smiley I thought I manually had to make them ring a friend, sounds like the sim does it, it's been so long...

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 22, 06:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I think you do need to manually make them ring a friend.  After they've asked for permission, the option to call > "go out" or something like that appears on the phone.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 22, 06:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case I do have a problem as it's the phone option I don't see. Although maybe the go out option appears earlier in the evening than the sneak out option, if the sims leave at 10pm. I'll have a play round.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 22, 07:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the sneak out option appears at about 9pm, and they always leave at 1am.

The go out option appears earlier...  I'll have a play around with the current family and get back to you.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 22, 07:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I remembered that I had to choose the option on the phone after having the sim ask permission.  Like I said, it's been a while.  Tongue  But it is earlier, so the window of opportunity is relatively small.  After 10 pm, your sims can no longer ask permission and can only sneak out.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 22, 07:16:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears that the option "ask for permission to go out" appears when a sim clicks on their parents at around 7pm.

At that point call>go out appears on the phone.

EDIT: My sim left to go out at 8:30, pretty much straight after the phone call, and returned at 12:30.

EDIT2: option to call>sneak out appeared on phone after 10pm.  I'm convinced I've seen it from 9pm sometimes, but definitely not here. 
« Last Edit: 2006 December 22, 07:47:04 by ness » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 22, 07:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks to both of you, my mystery is solved, I'm looking way too late in the evening for the go out.  Smiley
Did you sort your problem out Ness? Did Rainbow's fix work?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: