More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:57:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Spontaneous Sim pregnancy with freezing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spontaneous Sim pregnancy with freezing  (Read 3770 times)
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
Spontaneous Sim pregnancy with freezing
« on: 2006 August 24, 18:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Sim who got spontaneously pregnant. She was not pregnant when I saved her lot. Her pregnancy caused the lot not to load and apparently corrupted it irretrievably. I moved her in to another lot and tried to get her to have the baby, but that froze the game, so I ended up terminating the pregnancy. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Spontaneous Sim pregnancy with freezing
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 24, 18:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Immaculate conception, maybe?  Tongue

There's the possibility she may have got pregnant in a community lot; do you have InTeen installed?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 24, 19:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you have InTeen installed?

Heck no Tongue. She could not have gotten pregnant on a community lot through any means anyway, as she didn't even visit a community lot in between my saving her lot and her issues appearing.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 24, 19:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive got a question, did you terminate with that one mod or with simpe. because ive got a pregnant sim that i dont want pregnant and i cant figure out how to do it.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 24, 19:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive got a question, did you terminate with that one mod or with simpe. because ive got a pregnant sim that i dont want pregnant and i cant figure out how to do it.

I used the puppy killer (InSimenator). Yes, I know. I've just got the object edition though, which I don't think can act globally. I think you can just terminate it with boolprop though.

Speaking of boolprop... it's apparently a lamp that's causing the problem with the house loading. I never had issues with this lamp before. Hm. Maybe there's some kind of haunting thing going on.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 24, 19:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked who the father is to see if it makes sense? Maybe she is pregnant by aliens.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 24, 20:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just got the object edition though, which I don't think can act globally.

InSim is not a gobal hack, it does nothing unless you make it do something, no matter which version  Grin  *hugs her InSim*
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 24, 20:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked who the father is to see if it makes sense? Maybe she is pregnant by aliens.

Actually, I didn't check that. I should have, but it was really late at night when I decided to just give up and terminate the pregnancy. I don't have anything that would allow her to be alien pregnant, and she hasn't been kidnapped. Her brother was, though, and I haven't played her house since his pregnancy and his daughter's birth. I wonder if some kind of code spilled onto her.

I got the house to load, but I still wonder what was wrong with the pregnancy that caused the birth to freeze the game. Not to mention that she shouldn't have been pregnant in the first place.

ETA: I just read your post in the testing grounds thread. Can your Sim give birth, or does your game freeze when that happens too? It does sound like the same issue.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 24, 20:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: I just read your post in the testing grounds thread. Can your Sim give birth, or does your game freeze when that happens too? It does sound like the same issue.

Yeah, that's why your thread caught my eye. I dont' know. Her house is too small for kids so I'm in the middle of moving her. I'll let you know in a little while when it is time for her to give birth.

EDIT: She gave birth just fine. Probably different problem than yours.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 24, 23:44:10 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: