More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 18:37:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Easel bug
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easel bug  (Read 8844 times)
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Easel bug
« on: 2006 August 13, 00:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this one is pretty lame . . . did a search for "easel" but seems people haven't had this problem? 

Basically whenever a Sim starts a new painting, instead of seeing the canvas & painting as usual, a Maxis picture appears BEHIND the easel.  It's the picture of the lady in a black dress on a red background, incidentally.  Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and if it's caused by anything in particular?  Wanted to ask before I started removing hacks one by one and testing.  Tongue
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Easel bug
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 13, 01:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the lady on the red background is seen always, if you want to keep an hang the painting, but after you do it - you can see the real painted picture, if you raise up the walls.
It happens since TS2 (without EPs). Doesn't annoy too much, and isn't connected to any hack.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 13, 03:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd...

Does this happen while the sim is in the process of painting, or when you grab it through 'buy' mode to hang it up or sell it? What kind of easel mods are you using?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 13, 04:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this either, either in the base game or any of the EPs.  Can you post a pic?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 13, 04:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen it either. It didn't happen in normal TS2, and hasn't happened in any EP either. Isn't there a hack that lets Sims paint "real" pictures instead of the psycho cat and such? Perhaps that could be it?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 13, 04:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are referring to SaraMK's painting replacements for the defaults, I have those, and it doesn't cause this problem.  It just replaces the sucky defaults with other pictures.  Or are you talking about something else?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 13, 05:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. philote, if you could post a screen shot?

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 13, 06:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes sense in the way that if you look to clone the easel canvas, it'll show in the Object Workshop list with the thumbnail of the Lady In Red picture. So, there seems to be some connection between those two, but I've never had the problem described in the first post, though.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 13, 07:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He, you will have to wait until my sim finishes to paint, and I get the option to hang or to sell. I always sell.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 13, 08:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are referring to SaraMK's painting replacements for the defaults, I have those, and it doesn't cause this problem.  It just replaces the sucky defaults with other pictures.  Or are you talking about something else?

I believe that's what I was thinking of, yes. It was just a guess, though -- I'm glad it doesn't cause problems, I keep meaning to download it and forgetting Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 13, 09:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd...

Does this happen while the sim is in the process of painting, or when you grab it through 'buy' mode to hang it up or sell it? What kind of easel mods are you using?

It happens only if you choose to hang the painting. The real painting never shows in the directory, only on the wall.

The painting on the wall and the "red lady". You won't find the "ugly man" among the paintings, only on the wall.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 13, 09:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheat for enough money there, Gali?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 13, 09:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Grin Grin

No, they got it from visiting the Secret Society! This time I am really innocent!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 13, 09:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Grin Grin

No, they got it from visiting the Secret Society! This time I am really innocent!!!
You intentionally caused that, and you didn't install the anti-SS-lottery fixes, or the patches, right?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 13, 09:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, Master - I did it on purpose...Smiley. This OFB bug is brilliant!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 13, 11:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, Master - I did it on purpose...Smiley. This OFB bug is brilliant!
So you're still cheating. Tongue

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 13, 12:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I don't think that this is what the OP is talking about. She/he seems to indicate that the Lady in Red appears on or behind the easel, not the panel.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 13, 13:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I don't think that this is what the OP is talking about. She/he seems to indicate that the Lady in Red appears on or behind the easel, not the panel.

Gee, Veil, from my point of view at the easels - I never saw the BACK of the painting (during the paint), because I like to see the front of it. Now I have to go and paint again, to see the back of the easel...Smiley. I use Maxis and downloaded easels, so I have to test them both.

Thanks.

Edit:  no, I show two easels - the left is downloaded, and the right - original Maxis. The back is blank, and stays blank even after they finish the paint.

« Last Edit: 2006 August 13, 13:29:16 by gali » Logged
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 13, 22:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the lady on the red background is seen always, if you want to keep an hang the painting, but after you do it - you can see the real painted picture, if you raise up the walls.
It happens since TS2 (without EPs). Doesn't annoy too much, and isn't connected to any hack.

Weird...hasn't happened to me before; Nightlife is my first EP.  I installed Nightlife a couple of months ago and thinking back, this has happened before since then. It's only now that I realized it's being kind of weird - the sim never finishes the painting, etc.

Here's the screenshot...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 13, 22:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it must be a hack that affects paintings that isn't compatible.  Check to see if you have any hacks that affect painting.  If you can't find it that way, you can save time by pulling hacks in groups of ten, for instance.  I have mine sorted into folders by creator, and I'll start by pulling all hacks except for one creator, then put in the next, and so on till I track down the culprit.  I'll usually start by pulling all hacks to make sure the problem isn't in the vanilla game itself.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 14, 01:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not caused by anything Awesome, because this doesn't happen in my game.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 14, 01:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've never seen it before.
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 14, 02:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it must be a hack that affects paintings that isn't compatible.  Check to see if you have any hacks that affect painting.  If you can't find it that way, you can save time by pulling hacks in groups of ten, for instance.  I have mine sorted into folders by creator, and I'll start by pulling all hacks except for one creator, then put in the next, and so on till I track down the culprit.  I'll usually start by pulling all hacks to make sure the problem isn't in the vanilla game itself.

Thanks, time to search and destroy.  I definitely need to organize my d/ls folder as far as hacks.  It's a friggin' mess D:
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 14, 02:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not caused by anything Awesome, because this doesn't happen in my game.

It is most definitely un-Awesome!  Wink
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 14, 03:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, time to search and destroy.  I definitely need to organize my d/ls folder as far as hacks.  It's a friggin' mess D:

Mine was too, but there are two great data organizing programs out there. One is from Pegasys, who is a member here, just search the members. The other is by Paladin at SimsWardrobe. There is a link to it floating around here somewhere, JadeElliot put it somewhere. They help a great deal with organizing your Sims folder.

Good luck, at least you know you don't have to bother about the awesome mods. I have never seen anything like that either.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: