More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 September 28, 18:17:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540280 Posts in 18067 Topics by 6543 Members
Latest Member: tyerules
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  please make them stop
0 Members and 43 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: please make them stop  (Read 12072 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: please make them stop
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 11, 13:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks from me too MissDoh. It took me a while to find the Squinge mod, I don't usually use his stuff and I didn't even know that he moved lots of it to the insim site. No offense meant to the Modder or his fans, by the way. It's just that people who churn out mods like a cookie factory scare me a little. I'm sure many/most/all??? of his mods are perfectly safe, as a matter of fact, when I have a little time I might just investigate that.

LynnMar, I admire your restraint. I would never have apologized, that person was completely out of line. First off, I knew exactly what you meant, and even if it confused her/him, that outburst was totally uncalled for. Telling you to read the modder's post more closely was the dumbest thing I've ever seen, because apparently, the silly person can't read posts right her/himself. It might be confusing, but the proper thing to do when you are confused about what a person means, is to ask. I wonder what was not understandable in you sentence "it does work for me in OFB, but not in NL". It told me that you have OFB, and the mod does not work in the NL sections of the game. Duh.

I'm glad the alt version of the mod fixed it for you though :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 11, 13:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to turn out stuff at that rate also, but this was way back. Unfortunately, since he does just about anything anyone asks him to, you can't be assured that any of Squinge's mods are compatible with any of his other ones, so there's no "package deal" coherency like with FFS hacks. Thus you have to really carefully inspect everything, it's not quite as plug-and-pray as installing the Director's Cut is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 11, 15:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, I met you when I joined MTS2 in Sept/Octoberish 2004 and I know how fast everyone pushed stuff out. And that is precisely my concern. Everyone, to some extend, made sure that the mods were inter-compatible, and most of the time they were compatible across modders as well. I might not agree with you on a lot of things, but as far as modding is concerned, you have never been haphazard... hard-headed maybe, but not incoherent, especially about your mods.

I don't know if that was intentional, but plug and pray describes it just about perfectly as far as Squinge's mods are concerned.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 11, 16:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only one I can find by Squinge requires OFB. I took out Inge's for the same reason other's did, no one could clean up any plates at the Secret Society even if I attempted to instruct them to do so.

My super neat sims are driving me nuts. I take them to the singles club to find out who they might be interested in, and instead of mingling they want to clean up all the dirty dishes.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 11, 20:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks from me too MissDoh. It took me a while to find the Squinge mod, I don't usually use his stuff and I didn't even know that he moved lots of it to the insim site. No offense meant to the Modder or his fans, by the way. It's just that people who churn out mods like a cookie factory scare me a little. I'm sure many/most/all??? of his mods are perfectly safe, as a matter of fact, when I have a little time I might just investigate that.

One thing I can tell you, if it can reassure you, is that now Squinge have official beta testers for his mods (for the last 4 months).  He decided to do that because he was releasing a lot of mods that he did not have the time to completely test and he did not want anybody to have problems with them.  I am one of those testers.  I personally tested the alt version throughflully in all sections of the game to make sure it was working fine but of course I probably don't have the same mods you do so you always need to make sure it does not conflict with something else you have in game.

Squinge is taking a break for the summer and he probably won't take as many request as he did in the past.  He will concentrate on updating the ones already out when a new ep is out and make new ones to solve new annoyances new ep will create.  Like Pescado said, since he is doing request, some wanted to emphasis the use of an action and other wanted to stop it, so for sure those mods cannot be use together.  Normally, there should be a mention in the 1st post if a mod does not work with another one he created.  I strongly suggest though, whenever you add a new mod in your game weither from him or any other modder, that you run Paladin's Hack conflict detect tool that can be found at http://www.simwardrobe.com/  I run it everytime I add a new mod or a new version of a mod to make sure everything is still compatible.

If anybody have questions about Squinge's mods, do not hesitate to pm me either here or directly at Insim site (I use the same nick at Insim), I will gladly answer you to the best of my knowledge as long as it does not concern the programming of it itself, I am not a modder.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 11, 21:31:55 by MissDoh » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 12, 11:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, whereas I'm not so big on requests because it produces multiple conflicting versions of something, only one of which I can use. If someone has a complaint about how it works, I will either adopt some elements to find a workable middle ground, or crush the whiny little peasant into the dirt with my superior logics. And I don't really do requests, I do "Why, that's an excellent idea! I'm glad I thought of it!". If you want me to do your idea, convince me that it's my idea. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 12, 13:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading this thread, I put in both Restaurant fixes and Crammyboy's don't serve on Comm lots mods. But then Squinge's mod, don't walk away while cooking, stopped working.

Funny thing is that none of these mods showed a hack conflict.

I'll try rearranging the mods in my folders to find out if I can keep them all or not, but this really confuses me as to why this is true.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 12, 17:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that Squinge's mod wasn't completely working in the first place. I've noticed that there are conditions where it definitely fails.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 12, 17:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only times I've had it fail in the past is when "help with birthday" forces itself to the top of the queue.

But something else is going on with one of the 2 mods I added. The moment I went to my favorite comm lot the game crashed.

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 12, 18:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure too remove Squinge Less atrractive podium and less attrictve expresso mods if you are using Pescado restaurant fix mod.  It won't show a conflict on the hack tool but Pescado fix is more efficient than the mods Squinge made to fix those annoyances, Pescado one is fixing more issues.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 13, 02:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not using those mods of Squinge's.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: