More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 01:03:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Grim Reaper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Grim Reaper  (Read 24368 times)
mdrturner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The Grim Reaper
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 02, 07:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, very nice but I think I'll wait until someone creates one that is confirmed to work with OFBp2. Or confirms that these work with OFBp2.
I don't personally like testing things myself, as I've had bad things happen in the past.

Thanks anyway Avalikia.

Stealing someone's ideas is plagiarism ......   Stealing everyones ideas is research.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 02, 08:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fwiffo is here, he posted in this thread earlier.  Perhaps he can answer those questions.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 02, 08:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though I've never used it, I do like the general idea of the hack.  I've known some people who replaced their PT with something else, like an elf for example.  That way instead of the males coming back impregnated by an alien, something else could have got them.  If you had more than one then you could make your poor sims get kidnapped by all sorts of things.  In fact, I could possibly use that in this little project I'm working on.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 02, 08:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Reaper has no genetic data, so the result will be treated as self-pollination. Notice the close resemblance the reaper-child has with the mother. Therapist child on the left doesn't look so bad, though. I mean, sure, he's UGLY, but his features aren't completely mutated to totally inhuman proportions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 02, 08:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But my Sim has blue eyes.  The GR child has flat brown eyes.  I use default eye color replacements, so I could tell right away that his eyes weren't my defaults.  I believe it used the brown eye color from the default skin, which it falls back on when there is no genetic data for eye color.  You said something about this once, Pescado, when you were talking about children of half-aliens not being able to have human skin and alien eyes.  I had this happen in Pleasantview.

EDIT:  Actually, my sim is not the mother of that child.  I had another sim on the lot that has brown eyes.  My sim gave birth to the Therapist babies.  The other sim had the Grim Reaper child.  But it still seems strange that the eyes are the flat Maxis brown and not the custom defaults.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 02, 08:57:13 by rainbow » Logged
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 02, 09:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Rainbow you are a babe for showing all those pictures!!!  Shocked

The Grimmie's kids sure look adorable compared to *puke*

Go Away
Hei_Chavorale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 02, 13:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get pregnant with the therapist? Damn those kids are fugly and ugly at the same time lol Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 02, 13:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used InSimenator, although it's not the only way.  After spawning the reproductive mod (looks like a microwave), I chose "Have twins with neighbor."  Then in the box that came up, I chose the Therapist.  He never even needed to come onto the lot.  I did the same with the Grim Reaper.  Also using the reproductive mod, I chose Accelerate pregnancy, which causes each trimester to last one sim hour, so each hour he/she gets a "bump" and delivers in about three hours.  Then I use the temporal mod to age them up. 
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 02, 17:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my! That one with the big head and eyes is priceless. He would make a great Uglacy founder.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 02, 18:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had a grimpregnation once, in the aforementioned Camelot.

Mom had med.dark skin, black hair, brown eyes and no recessive genes (or rather, both genes were the same). Three babies: all lighter skin than mom. One had brown eyes; two blue. All three had brown hair. I assumed therefore that Grimmy had pale skin, brown hair and blue eyes (although why the blue eyes showed up on the kids, I don't know.) If Grimmy doesn't have DNA, then WTF happened?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 02, 19:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All babies look the same except alien babies...Alien babies will show their nose and eyes...So its no surprise that the therapist babies looked like a normal baby.

I have been told this more than once, yet. . . .

Baby 1:

Baby 2:

Baby 3:

Baby 4:

Baby 3 clearly has her mother's mouth.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 August 02, 19:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like some of your sims have custom skins. The baby in #3 looks shiny, while the baby in #4 looks kinda pale shiny like the woman in the background.

I still like Baby #1. He's a cutie.

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 August 02, 20:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All babies look the same...<snip>.

Hrm...not in my game.  Siblings from the same family may look similar, but never identical.  And babies which share different genes are way different from each other. 

Perhaps you need either more diverse genes or better graphics to notice the differences?

Love your babies Hegelian, they're all cuties Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 August 02, 20:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know that babies can't have the same level of deformities as other ages of sims. Some of the Ugly-Legacy stories have shown this. A baby sim will look -mostly- normal and then the deformities will show up in the toddlers. Like the therapists kids. Smiley

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 August 02, 21:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey baby, want to go for a ride?  Tongue

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 August 02, 21:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why does it look like SimBrynne is about to punch Baby #1?
Bad Mommy!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 August 02, 21:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brynne gave birth to Sim Elmer Fudd.  Cheesy
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 August 02, 21:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that one sure isn't a Bayfield!  Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 August 02, 21:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think the father was Phedge, from the original thread Hegelian posted over at Laverwinklesims.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 August 02, 21:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pst, rainbow, that was a comment about it's genetics. Wink Silly rainbow. Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 August 02, 22:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that.  Silly Elfie.  I knew I should've put a winky smiley, but my smiley finger got tired.  Tongue
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 August 02, 23:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

silly rainbow. Cheesy

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 August 03, 01:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like some of your sims have custom skins. The baby in #3 looks shiny, while the baby in #4 looks kinda pale shiny like the woman in the background.

Baby #3 is by Reggikko and Hegelian; sim-Reggikko has a Helaene skin. The "woman in the background" for Baby #4 is Liegenschonheit, one of the baby's parents. Sim-Liegen has a customized Louis skin made to be even more pale than the original.

Baby #2 is by Ignorant Bliss and Twojeffs (sorry Jeff, but with the gross imbalance between men and women in the MATY neighborhood, all the guys in my game are straight  Tongue ). Here she is as a toddler:

EDIT:  Doh! Baby #2 is actually Anita Bliss's baby brother.   Tongue

Why does it look like SimBrynne is about to punch Baby #1?
Bad Mommy!

I just happened to pause the bathing animation with her hand in that position.   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 August 03, 02:10:26 by Hegelian » Logged

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 August 03, 01:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Maybe all sim babies AREN'T the same. Because your sim-babies look especially vacuous compared to the ones in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 August 03, 02:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my game the babies are born as babies.  Grin

And these are all offspring of MATY self-sims. . . .

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: