More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 03, 15:11:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can someone tell me exact file name of this offending hair?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can someone tell me exact file name of this offending hair?  (Read 13707 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Can someone tell me exact file name of this offending hair?
« on: 2006 May 22, 14:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I made a stupid error in my hair binning and I lost this file (the blonde hair shown below) for some age groups. As you know, PG2 file names are a huge mess. I would appreciate if you can indentify this hair and tell me the exact file name.

I have spent so much time in the folder and SimPE and FAILED to find this hair file.

Go ahead and laugh but give me the answer after laughing.

Thank you so much.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can someone tell me exact file name of this offending hair?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 22, 14:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do people seem compelled to bring problems of other sites to here? Doesn't Peggy have her own freakin' forums?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 22, 15:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because the people are so awesome here at your more awesome than anywhere forums that I feel my problem will certainly be solved here.

Go Away
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 22, 15:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Peggy does have a forum it's probably as impossible to use as the rest of her site. I'd go look for it, but I don't feel like going blind.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 22, 15:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PeggyDonatehair0003_051006-recolor-yellow, mapname: Peggysims2Donate_hair0013_Britneyyellow_recolor, think thats the one.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 22, 19:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god, she could certainly take a leaf out of Seomi's book when it comes to clarity!

Zephyr Zodiac
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 23, 01:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you buggered it all beyond repair, I have that hair set all binned and everything available *ahem* you know where.

Seomi's hair is not only free and clearly labeled, but she actually bins it as well! I seriously wish Peggy would start doing that.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 23, 01:12:56 by liegenschonheit » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 23, 01:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seomi's is the best hair I've found, and I paid a sub at simsconnection purely for hair, and then I discovered Seomi!  Not only does she bin it, but when she did the older hair, the sims wearing that hair didn't go bald or get something else, all I needed to do was change a few partners turn ons!  And her hair moves naturally without funny creases when the sim moves, and is neither dull and flat looking or overly shiny so that it looks like someone smothered it in oil!  I can't wait for her next creation, LOL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 23, 01:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Seomi's hair. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 23, 01:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PeggyDonatehair0003_051006-recolor-yellow, mapname: Peggysims2Donate_hair0013_Britneyyellow_recolor, think thats the one.

Thanks for being awesome!! I will check it out. I just know that you people will know...!!  Grin

And thanks Lie, I will see if I can 'repair' that hair. *cough* I tried looking for it there but as the file name is such that I really cannot find it, I don't know how to begin looking for the hair in the first place. And its all PG2's fault and probably mine. I ought to have put pictures in those folders when I bin those hair and wouldn't have these pains now.

But PG2 is not the worst. Rose Sims' hairs are horribly named and labelled too.

Regarding Seomi, all I hope is that she won't take up the FA at TSR when TSR offers her. They will do it sooner or later because she is so talented. Once she takes  that up, she can't give us those awesome hairs at her free site anymore.

Go Away
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 23, 01:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you do need it, it should be labeled "peggydonate3" or something along those lines.

I hope seomi doesn't go to TSR. It would make me sad. Or if she does go, I hope she maintains a free site on the side. It amazes me how many people buy at TSR when they can get it free elsewhere.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 23, 01:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As all other things, they buy because it's convenient to get everything there. Why shop at ten places when you can save time and effort by shopping at Walmart?

Thanks Lie. Now I have the stupid file name, I will know exactly what I am looking for.. Tongue

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 23, 07:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried some of Janna's hair and Rose Sims hair, the free stuff, of course, and it looked so nice on the site.  But once I got it in the game, it looked horrible.  I was terribly disappointed.  On some of them, the animation is totally messed up.  But on others, they just look like I cut out a picture in a magazine and pasted it on my sim's head, even though it is 3D.  It looks like it's made out of cardboard.  On the other hand, Seomi's hairs are beautiful, and I wish that she had more of them.  There was just one hairstyle she had made in which I found that the black female toddler hair texture is missing.  Sad  She had retextured all ages, and the brown, blond, and red colors were available, but the black one just looked like a flat white background with black letters on it and a red X through it.  I tried to send her a PM on MTS2, but she never replied.  I thought about posting a message on her thread at MTS2, but I was afraid that she wouldn't see it, and people would get mad because they'd think I was criticizing her work.  Au contraire, I love her work, and I thought she would like to know there was a problem, as I was unable to fix it. 
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 23, 07:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, she no longer visits MTS2. Try her personal site or PM her using TSR. she goes to these places now.

Go Away
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 23, 07:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a fan of Janna's hair at all. Like you say, it looks like it is made out of cardboard, and some of the pay hair has textures that don't match up right. She makes lovely objects, but I deleted almost every one of the Sim Connection hairstyles I've downloaded. Some of Rose Sim's hair are better than others, but it does seem hit or miss.

I wonder if Seomi ever fixed that hair? I wouldnt worry too much about offending her by posting in her thread, I know if something I had put up for download was messed up, I'd want to know. As for other people, eh, who cares? Of course, if it was really bothering you, you could recolour one of the other colours with the black textures for yourself.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 23, 11:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed Janna's textures are really hit and miss too. I think part of the problem is she has a really high end system, and some of her textures look like crap on lower end ones. When I upgraded my video card, some of her hairs which didn't look that good suddenly looked a lot better on my machine. Some of her old retextures/restyles of Maxis meshes are nice, and most of the long hair textures are nice too.

I agree with Jysudo, Rainbow, send her a PM at TSR and tell her about it.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 23, 12:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would agree with you about that, the only hair from Sims connection I use much now is Fionn's Affectionate Object hair, which looks far better in game than it does in the pictures!

Zephyr Zodiac
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 26, 02:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seomi is quite nice. I PMed her about a poly mistake she made on one of her hairs, and she promptly fixed it and thanked me even.

I'd assume she just doesn't visit MTS2 much anymore. That's more likely the issue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 26, 11:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that generally, good creators do like to be told about something that isn't right in their stuff, and will make every effort to put it right.

Zephyr Zodiac
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 26, 14:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding Seomi, all I hope is that she won't take up the FA at TSR when TSR offers her.

She apparently has.  I visited TSR this morning and tried to download her hair.  It is locked to those without paid subscriptions.

My game will do just fine without....

[Edit.  Downloads still available at her site]

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 26, 14:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And another one bites the dust!!!!!  How long before EAGames decides to take up the offer to move to TSR?  But she's still updating at Seomisims, so...

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 26, 14:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That totally sucks.  Hers was some of the best hair out there.  At least she is still updating her site...for now.  I worry that TSR will make her stop doing that.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 26, 14:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was just one hairstyle she had made in which I found that the black female toddler hair texture is missing.  Sad  She had retextured all ages, and the brown, blond, and red colors were available, but the black one just looked like a flat white background with black letters on it and a red X through it.

Ahh, so that's what it is! I have this in my game too and couldn't for the life of me figure out what I had downloaded that gave me this texture for the toddler's hair. Another mystery solved. Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 26, 14:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as long as people keep being sucked in to pay for TSR stuff, and creators keep finding it difficult to go it alone, this sort of thing is bound to keep happening.  Just a pity she didn't go to Sim Freaks - she'd have been better paid and Heather wouldn't have made her close her own site!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 26, 16:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding Seomi, all I hope is that she won't take up the FA at TSR when TSR offers her.

She apparently has.  I visited TSR this morning and tried to download her hair.  It is locked to those without paid subscriptions.

What do those things have to do with each other? There's no correlation at all between whether someone is a FA and whether their stuff is free.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: