More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 06:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  vampires
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: vampires  (Read 6832 times)
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
vampires
« on: 2006 May 10, 07:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wondering if anyone has made a high quality vampire skin/overlay for the NL vampires? Ive seen sims vault has one, and while high quality I just dont see vampires as being wrinkley and hideous, ive seen the couple on MTS and while nice they are just not .... well .... not right somehow.
Can anyone help me out please?

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: vampires
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 10, 08:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Dylan's vampire paste found here: http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=11.0

Let the Beast inside you free!
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 10, 08:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I went to check there and got a fright, thought I had been logged out of maty.  Got any pics DrBeast?

Axe murdered since 2006
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 10, 09:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks DrBeast, nice but not really my cup -o- tea Smiley no offence to the creator there Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 10, 09:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I went to check there and got a fright, thought I had been logged out of maty.  Got any pics DrBeast?

I'm afraid I don't. I used it to change the skin of the existing vampires and they're not exactly photo-friendly  Cool

Let the Beast inside you free!
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 10, 12:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly do you want out of an overlay? You can see the original skintone THROUGH the vampire tone, so any given custom vampire skin will look different on top of different skintones.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 10, 12:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, yes, Reggikkoland uses the same blandoid default theme MATY does.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 10, 12:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have pics! Check out the cutie vamp in my story. He's wearing that skin.  Thanks Dylan!

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=88850&asset_type=story&user_id=1474919
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 10, 19:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a hack from MTS2 that completely removes the vampire ugly characteristics of red eyes and blue skin. It doesn't make my simmies look any different from normal except having fangs, but since I usually have really pale sims anyway, it works for me. There are also versions that let you pick which parts you want and don't want, so if you want the eyes but not the skin, then that works too.

Also, just out of curiosity, how does that "paste" vampire skin thingy work look with dark skinned vamps? Do they look weird with it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 10, 19:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The slightly blueish cast and red eyes is a hit-or-miss factor. On one hand, sims that looked good normal suddenly look really bad. Some colors just don't work when you're slightly blue and have red eyes from being undead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 10, 20:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The slightly blueish cast and red eyes is a hit-or-miss factor. On one hand, sims that looked good normal suddenly look really bad. Some colors just don't work when you're slightly blue and have red eyes from being undead.

LOL. but that is SO true, and a big part of my problem Smiley I do think vampires need to look a bit different ...pailer, maby a few delicate veins showing, perhaps a bit darker around the eyes .... but bright blue?!?! WTF were maxis thinking? lol

Hmmmm .... are there any guide or anything to tell me how to make my own default vamp overlay?

SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 10, 23:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the heleane version of this one: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92744
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 10, 23:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a hack from MTS2 that completely removes the vampire ugly characteristics of red eyes and blue skin. It doesn't make my simmies look any different from normal except having fangs, but since I usually have really pale sims anyway, it works for me. There are also versions that let you pick which parts you want and don't want, so if you want the eyes but not the skin, then that works too.

Also, just out of curiosity, how does that "paste" vampire skin thingy work look with dark skinned vamps? Do they look weird with it?

In my old game, I had Nina Caliente as a vampire, and was using Dylan's vampire paste. She looked... green and moldy. It looks great on lighter skins, but darker isn't so good.

I use Enayla's vampire default found http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132457
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 11, 03:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the invisible vampire skin here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92042&highlight=Default+Vampire

I love it! No red eyes, no blue skin. They keep all their original genetics. Been using it for months and have had no problems at all.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 11, 06:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive grabbed the patches one, used it before and it IS quite good ... the closest to what im after anyhow Smiley

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 11, 12:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The secret of looking good while being undead is all in the deft touch of a make up artist Roll Eyes

Sadly I am not worth it  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2006 May 11, 12:35:11 by Mirelly » Logged

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 11, 13:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, dressing in black and wearing dark sunglasses seems to go well with the entire undead vibe. Of course, it goes pretty well with anything, that's why it's black.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 11, 21:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ive grabbed the patches one, used it before and it IS quite good ... the closest to what im after anyhow Smiley

What else did you want on it? (I'm not very good at doing veins, that's why the original was borrowed) I have tweaked it a little since the original release on MTS2.

(Argon a.k.a. PatchesSim2)

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: