More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 07:29:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Remote Income Decay
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Remote Income Decay  (Read 9822 times)
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Remote Income Decay
« on: 2006 April 01, 21:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a hack to stifle remote income decay?  My sim wants an empire, but I just can't keep up Smiley
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Remote Income Decay
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 01, 21:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None yet.  I made a request a week or so back.  I would kill someone's puppy for such a hack.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 01, 21:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fiou, my cats are safe!  Tongue
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 01, 22:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None yet.  I made a request a week or so back.  I would kill someone's puppy for such a hack.

I'd definitely kill for this Hack.  I put a request in on MTS2, also, but no dice yet Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 02, 10:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EXPERIMENTAL:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/test/antibusinessdecay.zip

Untested, since I don't have any situations like this to test it in. So you try it.

HOW IT WORKS:
If you checked in that day, then there will be no decay. If you did not check in, there is a 50% chance of decay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 02, 11:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So as long as you check in there is NEVER a decay...ever?
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 02, 12:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EXPERIMENTAL:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/test/antibusinessdecay.zip

Untested, since I don't have any situations like this to test it in. So you try it.

HOW IT WORKS:
If you checked in that day, then there will be no decay. If you did not check in, there is a 50% chance of decay.

Puppies everywhere breathe a sigh of relief.

I'll test this out on one of my bakery chain stores tomorrow.  Grin
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 02, 12:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horray, my puppie's safe. I'll try it today
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 02, 13:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So as long as you check in there is NEVER a decay...ever?
That's what it SHOULD be. Not sure if it works, this is untested. If you can't be bothered to check in, things will go rapidly downhill.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 02, 13:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOW IT WORKS:

Aww, J.M., how I adore thee...  I will test it on my next level 10 business (sold the last few because I had that stupid "Own five level tens" lifetime desire and couldn't run them all")
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 02, 23:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a bug that lets you fulfill the "Own five level tens" with only one shop. This shop just has to drop from level 10 to 9 and raise to 10 again 4 times. Angry
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 03, 00:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some of us have better morals than that Smiley Personally, I wouldn't mind owning an empire!

Editted to add:

So far so good, JM.  Bluewater Bath and Beauty is chillin' with a comfortable 10K income daily.  I'm working on my next level ten and we'll see if the hack can handle two Smiley
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 03, 00:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a bug that lets you fulfill the "Own five level tens" with only one shop. This shop just has to drop from level 10 to 9 and raise to 10 again 4 times. Angry

Hmmph.
This does not surprise me at all.  I have not had it happen yet but I will be finding out soon. (I have a sim who has the LTW and some of his businesses have dropped from 10 to 9 and back again.)
I know the reason for this bug is b/c everytime you hit the level 10 business a memory for it is generated.  So if you hit it you get the memory, but if you shop drops to level 9 and you get back up to 10, again another memory about hitting the top level.  So it would have to be made so that a sim can only get one memory for hitting level 10 once per businesss....err something to that effect.
Talk about an easy way to get around that LTW.

Anyways... I'll definitely be testing out your hack for that JM..it sounds great.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 03, 03:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skandelouslala, Squinge made a mod call "no duplicate memories" which is compatible with EP3-OFB (new version). You can find it at the insimenator sites.  It is on page 4 of his mod list.

Just read to make sure it does what you are looking for.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 03, 03:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is the check-in sum calculated, I wonder? Is it based on the previous day's take or something else?
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 03, 12:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is the check-in sum calculated, I wonder? Is it based on the previous day's take or something else?

I'm not sure about the check-in sum, but I've been playing with the remote income variables for too long Smiley  the remote income calculation is based off the average of the last five sessions worked.

So. 

If you work five days a week at eight hours a day equalling 40 hours (those are your five sessions) and you brought in 40,000.00, you earned approximately 1,000/hour.  Your business -should- bring in about 8,000 daily as the initial calculation.

That said, if you work five days straight (Mon-Fri), try to bring in as MUCH as you can during those five days, and your remote calculation will be higher.  It's uncertain whether the money perks factor into this - I'll have to test it further to find out.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 03, 13:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure about the check-in sum, but I've been playing with the remote income variables for too long Smiley  the remote income calculation is based off the average of the last five sessions worked.

So. 

If you work five days a week at eight hours a day equalling 40 hours (those are your five sessions) and you brought in 40,000.00, you earned approximately 1,000/hour.  Your business -should- bring in about 8,000 daily as the initial calculation.

That said, if you work five days straight (Mon-Fri), try to bring in as MUCH as you can during those five days, and your remote calculation will be higher.  It's uncertain whether the money perks factor into this - I'll have to test it further to find out.

Check in sum is equal to 100% of the calculated income, based on on a 40-hour work week (completely disregarding any sort of sweatshop-like business our Simmies might run), but if you don't check in, the most you will get is 50% and then it decreases by 20% I think, every day after that until you are left with empty pockets and your children wondering why mommy/daddy is a failure.

UNTIL NOW!  The hack's been working fine for me for the way too many hours I have been playing.  So far, no income decay as long as I check in.   Grin

Update:I forgot to ask if the hack overrides the 9-day cut-off for making money off remote management.  I've only played for 3 days so I haven't come to this yet.

Also, any chance of making a rider hack that allows for no decay without checking in?  I'm not lazy.

Updated again: Here's a pretty thorough breakdown of remote management/income decay from the Prima Guide on the BBS
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?&openItemID=item.103,root.1,item.43,item.41,item.23&threadID=4eec85e5bff0e364d23758af994a7f45&directoryID=103&startRow=1#ae47e2808d594c40787a65d2f91ab670
« Last Edit: 2006 April 03, 14:01:31 by nikita » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 03, 14:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, any chance of making a rider hack that allows for no decay without checking in?  I'm not lazy.
Not gonna happen. There has to be SOME work involved here, after all.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 03, 14:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, these Level 10 businesses don't make themselves, you know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 April 03, 16:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, yes, yes they do. I have literally created level 10 businesses before simply by setting them up and then having my lot owner meditate until the business was level 10. So yes, yes they do make themselves.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 April 03, 21:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What? What kind of businesses are they?
Metalkatt
Feckless Fool

INTP. Quiet, but deadly.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 April 03, 21:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, yes, yes they do. I have literally created level 10 businesses before simply by setting them up and then having my lot owner meditate until the business was level 10. So yes, yes they do make themselves.

How do you restock and sell stuff with the owner meditating?

"The voices are talking to me again..."
"You're in class, stupid."

Yes, you're in my noun, verbing my noun.  Now, go away, and let me be!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 April 03, 21:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you restock and sell stuff with the owner meditating?
My guess is that it's a business using the ticket machine.
« Last Edit: 2006 April 03, 22:02:40 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 April 03, 22:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The restocking isn't a problem.  What I want to know is how he has managed to own more than one Level 10 business by just having his Sim sit on his ass and do nothing.  Or rather, what hacks are in play?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: