More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:44:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "That doesn't seem physically possible!"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "That doesn't seem physically possible!"  (Read 6393 times)
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
"That doesn't seem physically possible!"
« on: 2006 March 26, 23:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've got that absolutely wonderful Autonomous Bed (LizLove's, I believe) that I downloaded from MTS2.  And I *know* I'm being picky and unreasonable and all that... but as pretty as that bed is I get sick of using the same one all the time.  Is there any way to take the programming attached to the bed and make it a global?

I am a modding neophyte. I can barely handle DatGen's hair-binning... so putting it in the simplest terms possible would be greatly appreciated.   Huh
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: "That doesn't seem physically possible!"
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 26, 23:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Lizzy Love's swingers bed hack which is global, not sure if it does all the same things though.

Axe murdered since 2006
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 26, 23:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like this bed too and I wish LizzLove had made more of the same in different types of beds also.

Perhaps leaving a message in her thread might be the way to go. I don't know if anyone else has, as I couldn't be bothered sorting through the "Thank you, this is great" posts to find out  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 26, 23:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost positive the swingers global hack doesn't do the same things as the bed... she mentioned when she posted the bed that she wasn't planning on making a global mod for it, because she was worried about conflicts with other mods.  I just really like my Sims woohooing without my intervention. :-)  Plus, in a house with several unrelated people, it can definitely cause some interesting interpersonal dynamics.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 27, 01:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish there were other options as well. I like to put the "risky woohoo" on and whenever they get pregnant, they get pregnant. Of course, with Inteen out of the picture now, there is no birth control, so the population is definitely on the rise.  Cheesy
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 27, 02:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Poor Brynne!
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 27, 04:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've got that absolutely wonderful Autonomous Bed (LizLove's, I believe) that I downloaded from MTS2.  And I *know* I'm being picky and unreasonable and all that... but as pretty as that bed is I get sick of using the same one all the time.  Is there any way to take the programming attached to the bed and make it a global?

I am a modding neophyte. I can barely handle DatGen's hair-binning... so putting it in the simplest terms possible would be greatly appreciated.   Huh

This is so funny! Just before i came here-i was trying to go to that thread at mts2 to ask her this very thing, but couldn't get it to load for some reason. it's been bugging me until i couldn't stand it anymore-to have allllll these incredibly beautiful bedroom sets people have made n not be able to use them cuz you don't want to have to tell the sims when to whoo hoo and when to have babies-that's so unrealistic!  n to be honest-i don't particularly LIKE being that intimately involved in peoples relationships, even if they're sims-lol! so i always use her bed with my married sims, but MISS the variety of "decor".  if anyone could turn that into a global that effects all double beds-that would be the most awesome thing ever imho   Smiley (i'm a modding ignoramus, btw, so don't even know if it's possible)

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 27, 09:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel the same, I absolutely HATE those beds she's used.  Even though she adjusted the comfort, they still look cheap & nasty.  A global mod would be great insofar as the beds can be turned-off, so it needn't affect a lot unless you choose to have it do so.  The only problem is that when the game is reset (with patches and so on), the beds instantly become available - I found that out the hard way when a young, attractive married Sim was found by her husband woo-hooing like crazy upstairs with an old, decrepit woman she'd never even met before.  ROFL.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 27, 13:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lizzlove seems to have disappeared. Lots of people mentioned wanting more bed styles, she was busy doing the coding and was not into the meshing.  I also got the impression she didn't want to make it global to avoid potential conflicts. (which seems to work since it survived OFB)!

She did however leave enough hints (RTFM) that you can change many of the default bed settings to your liking in simpe.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 27, 19:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that out the hard way when a young, attractive married Sim was found by her husband woo-hooing like crazy upstairs with an old, decrepit woman she'd never even met before.  ROFL.

Haha  Tongue
The other day I forgot the provide a new setting for 2 of the beds I had in an on campus residence before throwing a party.  It was a swinger party if I've ever seen one lol  A roof raiser at that hehehe

Anyways yeah the bed is a bit on the ugly side but I would prefer that over a global mod..I try to keep hacks as self contained as possible in my games. 

JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 27, 20:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also feel the same about an autonomous global fridge hack, I do get tired of using Inge's all the time, as far aas looks go. But I simply can't play without an no-autonomy fridge.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 27, 22:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would NEVER use a no-autonomy fridge.  I like to give my (stupid) Sims the option to die of starvation for want of one last pillow fight with their true love if that's what they truly desire.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 28, 01:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldnt you guys just clone it and switch out meshes? I realize its a lot of work to extract all the meshes you want to use, but once its done all of your beds that you choose to have the mod on will be available to you and then you can get rid of the nonmodded beds? I mean you dont even have to open milkshape or anything, just extract and replace no?

Just a thought...
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 00:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldnt you guys just clone it and switch out meshes? I realize its a lot of work to extract all the meshes you want to use, but once its done all of your beds that you choose to have the mod on will be available to you and then you can get rid of the nonmodded beds? I mean you dont even have to open milkshape or anything, just extract and replace no?

Just a thought...

Shocked omg.....you mean.....learn to do this stuff MYSELF?Huh? >>>fainting<<< i knew it would happen sooner or later. i would want something no one has made n it would be suggested that i try it myself (egads!!) But eventually you get desperate enough to try to learn something new when you think there's NO WAY your wee small brain can handle it-yeah?  Tongue

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: