More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 21, 20:40:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Give Birth and Drop Dead
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Give Birth and Drop Dead  (Read 27432 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Give Birth and Drop Dead
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 18, 02:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangely enough, I had this happen without the pregnant sim eating anything at all. I was playing another house and took the inhabitant to a community lot. Playing on, I noticed the pregnant sim walk by, but I payed little attention to it, but stayed focused on the sim I was currently actively playing.

When I played the pregnant sim's lot again, she up and died on me. Not being quite as fatalistic as Ancient, I left without saving and thereby avoided the dead sim. Cheesy

That community lot walk-by was the only out-of-the-ordinary thing that the pregnant sim did; I wonder now if that's related.

When the pregnant sim is uncontrolled, you can see her a lot of times at the community lots - it has no consequences when you enter her house.

Sometimes the simulator wants to remind you, that you have to go to a certain house (comming babies have priority), and then you can see pregnant sims pass your house, or at the community.

In Strangetown I had to perform a large circle - 8 families. So, when I heared the "lullaby melody", I left the family almost immediately, not to be stucked 3 days, and kept it to the next visit.

I went to the community with my teens, for cell phones, etc, and suddenly I saw the pregnant sim I just left (which was still  invisible pregnant) with a big belly, enterring the community.
When I went to her house (on her right turn) - she indeed was invisible pregnant yet, and bumped only at that night for the first time.

So far, from the beginning of TS2, no pregnant sim has died on me a mysterious death - that's why I stick to the theory that it is connected to an uncompatible Uni hack, as written in MTS2.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 18, 03:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My preggers sims were dropping like flies pre-uni - more to do with my poor management of them than anything else, probably.  I've downloaded something that includes a miscarriage if the pregnancy is poorly managed.  The first happened today.  I have alot to learn.

happy now :-)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 18, 05:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had yet another death from choking on entering a lot, this time Grayson Bruenig, former mascot.  I am beginning to think something or someone is trying to reduce my Sims, because something always seems to stop them being pleaded for.  Ricky Cormier couldn't be because his girlfriend was at work and his daughter was too young; Allegra couldn't be because the Reaper was facing the wrong way; Grayson could be, but the Reaper won.  Maybe that's the last of them - three in a row and all that.  The odd thing was that Grayson had just been to a graduation party on the same Uni lot as Allegra lived in.  Coincidence?  Maybe, maybe not.  I think perhaps that lot is haunted.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 18, 07:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I had a sim who was pregnant (very) and she kept turning up with whatever sim was at work as a visitor after work!  I got fed up with it in the end and went back to her lot and she had the baby withno problems at all.  I've never lost a pregnant sim, the only time one died it was pre-Uni, and was Beau's wife, but he was there and pleaded for her and everything was fine.
Oh, and I didn't have any hacks or fixes apart from the Maxis patch back then, didn't even get Inge's hacked telexcope until quite a bit later!
My guess, for what it's worth, is that maybe you have a hack or hacked object in your game which is for some unknown reason affecting your sims, and whether or not they are pregnant has actually no bearing on the problem.  I don't think it can be one of JM's as I have most of them and nothing like your problem has ever happened in my game, but maybe something you don't even know is there? 

Zephyr Zodiac
garyalex
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 19, 06:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FWIW, I've had the choking death on numerous occasions, both with and without hacks. I've never noticed any particular thing that may cause it, as some Sims have never been to a community lot (they generally tend to go maybe once in their lifetimes ... to meet new people). It got to one point with one game where I would load up the lot, and within 5 minutes of real time, she would die. After a couple of attempts, I managed to beat Grim, and she continued with her pregnancy. I think its probably a bug, but Maxi's probably define it as a feature...

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former. --Albert Einstein
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 19, 10:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether or not I might have sent Beau to the shops, I doubt it, but occasionally when I didn't have the quieter doorbell fix I would send a sim to get food rather than wake everyone up.  Usually, though, that was in houses that already had kids, as they'd wake up with their energy almost on high, then I couldn't get them back to bed and they'd come home from school exhausted!  Since this was Beau and Devine's first baby, I don't think I would have done that, and he'd already got 50,000 simoleons a couple of times and was earning big bucks, so I could have just replaced the fridge if necessary!

I think it happened because she started to eat rotten food......she was always extremely greedy!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 19, 14:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the sim I was talking about had the choking death thing happen, she had just gotten back from a community lot. But she wasn't pregnant yet. I had this interesting little storyline: Jennie asked Joe to meet him downtown, and she put the moves on him (this is way before I ever installed mods of any kind, back last fall after I first got the game) until he finally kissed her. He was already seeing Brandi Broke and had a couple children with her. Brandi was Jennie's room-mate and was in love with her, as well. (That part was not planned. It was the only way I could get Jennie to accept the move-in invite. I had one leap into the other's arms, hearts swirled, and Jennie moved in. But they never actually kissed or anything! Ever.) Anyway, Jennie returns home from her date with Joe. I had Brandi then invite Joe over. While Jennie was asleep (community lots can be soooo exhausting), Joe got Brandi pregnant. Then when Brandi fell asleep, he got Jennie pregnant. I exit that lot, go to Joe's lot, he invites Jennie over, proposes, and she accepts. I go back to Brandi and Jennie's lot, Joe's still there, of course, eating dinner, Jennie's now newly pregnant and engaged to Joe, and she's happily playing a video game. She stands up, grabs her throat and the GR comes. Brandi points and laughs because she caught Jennie flirting with Joe before their date. And I told the rest of the story in my above post. So, is the community lot still to blame, here, too, even though it was right before Jennie got pregnant? I can't for the life of me figure out why that happened and how to prevent it again.   

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 19, 17:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't a clue - but seems like Brandi put the evil eye on her!  What complicated little lives your Pixel People live!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 19, 18:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't let things get boring!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 19, 18:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know about Brandi inadvertently causing early demises, but I do wonder whether something (or someone) in my game is trying to kill people off.  I've had 3 choking deaths in quick succession now and in each case it wasn't possible to save the Sims, because of circumstances.  Oddly enough, they've all been former YA's, too.  I had another one recover from the 'flu at a grad party last night, so I am about to go into the game and find out whether he is going to suffer the same fate when I load his lot.  If so, I will start to be convinced that someone who never went to Uni is out to get all the graduates.  Personally, I suspect Cassandra.  She's been vegetating in her house only a couple of hours from death for eons now and I've told her repeatedly NO MORE ELIXIR, but she keeps wittering on about the almost full bottle hidden in her pagoda at the far end of the garden.  Now, why should she get anymore?  She never let Darren have any.  She's almost younger than Alexander now, for crying out loud.  I think she's jealous because she still hasn't made it to the top of the Science career and she's been trying all her working life.  It's her own fault anyway, she shouldn't have took so much time off to have all those kids.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 19, 19:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Cassandra, who married a very ambitious fortune sim called Max, was foolish enough to bring home a Romance sim from work, and then made a dead set for him!  Max went bananas and threw her out!  He ended up with all the Goth simoleons - since Mortimer and Alexander had already moved out - and she is now living in the little cabin in the trees!  She still turns up from time to time dressed as Captain Hero, even though she's only managed to get as far as Lieutenant!  She neglected her daughter shamefully, yet when she went to college, guess which parent got to see her off?

Cassandra is just one nasty little Goth!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 19, 19:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Cassandra, who married a very ambitious fortune sim called Max, was foolish enough to bring home a Romance sim from work, and then made a dead set for him! 
Cassandra always was one for the Romance Sims - then again, most Family Sims are.  Incidentally, are you saying that she flirted (or whatever she did) autonomously with this guy?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 19, 19:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah!  not this time, but whe did in a previous version when whe was married to beau.  She brought Daniel Pleasant home from work and started kissing him in front of Beau - he went absolutely berserk!  Poor Cassandra got the boot yet again!  But this time I had just got sick of her trying to break up this other sim's relationship and thought she needed a lesson!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 21, 16:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra has gone funny in my game.  She used to wear this great gothic outfit and her hair was waist-length and still black even though she was an elder - she actually looked rather glam.  Then Darren died and Cassandra needed urgent psychiatric treatment.  Afterwards, she changed her clothes to this absolutely awful pink tweedy suit, cut her hair short and started wearing a ridiculous pink hat.  Some of my houses have walls round and when Cassandra walks by (she walks by a lot of houses because she KNOWS she only has two hours left to live) all you see is her hat bobbing up and down.  She is nasty to everyone, too.  She threw so many water balloons at people I had to put a mod in to stop her; now she just gives them that funny handshake instead (forget the name of it, the one that makes your screen go all wobbly).  One Sim got so annoyed with her yesterday they ended-up having a slapping fight in front of the mailbox.  It was hilarious as my Sim was nude at the time.  I am waiting for the day she takes her silly pink hat off and whacks someone with it.  If any Sim can magically create a new animation, it has to be Cassandra Goth.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 21, 17:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Apologies for my typos in the last post!)

Cassandra is definitely a law unto herself!  (How exactly did she get the hat, I wonder..........)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 21, 17:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is absolutely hilarious, Ancient, ZZ. I just have to take time out from my village and explore Pleasantville (it is Pleasantville right?). Although I highly doubt that I can get such results as you seem to get. How do you do that? Just turn on free will and let them run with it?

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 21, 17:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasantview!  (Pleasantville is an old sci-fi movie!)

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 21, 17:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*picking herself off the floor* I just managed to unite Pleasantview and Veronaville, didn't I? I have had TS2 since it came out, but I never 'set foot' into the Maxis neighborhoods except Strangetown (go figure).

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 21, 17:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 21, 21:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is absolutely hilarious, Ancient, ZZ. I just have to take time out from my village and explore Pleasantville (it is Pleasantville right?). Although I highly doubt that I can get such results as you seem to get. How do you do that? Just turn on free will and let them run with it?
I always play with freewill on.  Can't see the point otherwise, there'd be no surprises!

Stay tuned.  I just have a picture to take, then I will treat you to a special thread that I am sure you will enjoy.  Is there a section here for general stuff, because it isn't a problem.  I will have to look.  Maybe it's time I started that site of mine.  Any ideas for a name? 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 21, 22:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim's Site?

I quite agree about freewill, turn it off and they're hanging around like a lot of morons waiting to be told what to do!  And I love watching them when they do something truly surprising!  Like big brothers autonomously going to tuck the kid brother or sister up in bed!  That's so cute!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 21, 22:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you need to turn the free will off? I never turn it off, and my sims always wait a second or two for my orders, then do as they wish. Besides, you always can cancel their activity, and give them another order.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 22, 00:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some people do play with it turned off.

Zephyr Zodiac
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 August 23, 00:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you need to turn the free will off? I never turn it off, and my sims always wait a second or two for my orders, then do as they wish. Besides, you always can cancel their activity, and give them another order.

Yeah and you don't even have to turn it off. Autonomic actions that is. They just cancel out on their own and do the thing you want them to do. I just couldn't play with free will off. Only time I turn it off is when I need to do a portrait shot of a family or couple and need them to sit and or stand in specific places without popping to the potty or something.

Kestran.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 August 24, 21:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Things are getting even weirder in Pleasantview now and I think maybe the end is near ...

I posted recently about the almost $6m Simoleans that a moving-in Sim brought and mentioned that one of her housemates on campus, Allegra Gorey, couldn't move out after graduating and so I moved her in along with this insanely rich Sim.  I then moved her straight out into her own place.  Once there, for some reason she was unable to wear the new clothes she'd bought.  Turned out they were YA clothes and she had an adult body.  Similarly, when she got a job, her college details were in the panel instead of her job ones (this happened to another Sim who had 'issues' moving out).  I went into SimPE and unticked her "On Campus" token and she was OK ... or so I thought.

She invited Castor Nova over and had her very first woo-hoo.  No precautions were taken and she became pregnant.  Castor was living with Brittany Upsnott (both of them changed to Romance), but left her to move in with Allegra the day the baby was due.  Castor was asleep when Allegra was giving birth.  After the baby was born, she played with him then put him in his cot.  As soon as she'd done this, she clutched at her throat and died.  She had the 'flu, but apart from hygiene her stats were fine.  I reckon she died because the game had no idea how old she was.  I woke Castor up, but he couldn't plead for her as the Reaper had his back to him and there was no way to pass him as he was standing in a doorway with Allegra's body in front of him.  Pity, I liked Allegra, but I'm not cheating to bring her back so she'll just have to stay dead.  Poor baby though, so far his one and only memory is of the death of his mother.

Thought I'd just let you know, Ancient Sim, that my allegra is alive and well and the mother of twins!!!  Only wierd happening is that for some unknown reason both she and Martin Ruben were unable to graduate Summa etc. and had to start way down near the bottom of their career ladder!

My Allegra was already living with Castor at Uni, and behaving much more like a Family sim than Jane!  Anyway, everyone of them moved out with no trouble (and I'd removed all the Move Out fixes because they caused problems in Pleasantview), Allegra moved in with Castor and got pregnant - they only tried once, but she did eat a lot of Macaroni and Cheese and Gelatin!  Next thing I knew she was having twins (Tristram and Isolde - well, they had to have wierd names!!!) and she's doing a great job of looking after them!  I've got a few pics if you'd like to see them, just don't know if there is an easy way to get them to you.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: