More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 17:58:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Serving up Servo
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Serving up Servo  (Read 12024 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Serving up Servo
« on: 2006 March 17, 16:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I finally made a Servo, and have been playing it for a day or two. As I suspected, a Servo is a huge, huge bonus for a business. Except next time I will use a less outgoing Sim to make the Servo - my Servo's Social needs drop faster than the Sim he lives with! (He did almost kill my Sim when he ran amok the first time.)

My Servo now has a Gold Badge in robotics - and then I realized that  it would be just too easy for everyone in the 'hood to have a Servo if I set up a community business and had an uninintialized Servo for sale for cheap. Because that would mean making a Servo once, and then any time a playable Sim goes to the robot shop, the business stock gets reset with the same Servo for sale.

So I think if I do set up a community-based robot store, its Servo will be extremely expensive - like $50,000. Then only serious, wealthy Sims who need it for their business can buy one. Or of course my Sims can spend the time to make it themselves if they're poor.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Serving up Servo
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 17, 16:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how much I price Servos for, PERIOD, because that's what I consider a fair price for them, so that's how much I make everyone ELSE pay for them also. Naturally, Servo-stores make a killing from this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 17, 16:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally, Servo-stores make a killing from this.

Which is why I am going to make 1 servo, initialize it, and then move it out. It will then be skilling up to a gold robotics badge, and open its own Terminator Inc store, with high priced servos for sale.
That way my regular families wont be swamped with cash, and i got a nice place (black hole) to pour the simoleons into.

Later on, I will just make the servo into a townie.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 17, 17:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first servo actually came with a gold robotics badge.  So if you want to skip that step, just reload until you get the badge you want.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 17, 17:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run a restaurant, their 10 cooking skill also makes them a great chef.

My only issue with them is it's hard to tell them apart, but I have some ideas for working on making recolors for their 'formal' outfit and if I can figure out how to access the head as a hat maybe even different colored servos.

I'd love to have a hot oil tub for servos too. Wink I can do the recoloring of the water easily enough, not sure about the hack part so they can go in it without going haywire and the humans would be restricted (or boiled heh).

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 17, 18:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first servo actually came with a gold robotics badge.  So if you want to skip that step, just reload until you get the badge you want.

Mine did as well but isn't that because it picks up all of the attributes of the person who initializes it? If the creator initializes it, won't it have a gold badge to start?

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 17, 18:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The badges are random. I believe they only get one badge and I think it's always gold, but they definitely are random and have no bearing on what badges the creator does or doesn't have.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 17, 18:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had several that started out with more than one badge. One badge seems to be minimum, and 3 is the most i have seen, all were intialized either by the same sim, or by the robots initialized by him.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 17, 18:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, Motoki. Thanks, yeah a quick look at the prima guide confirms the badge mystery.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Ilikecoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 17, 18:24:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only created three servos.  Of the two that have been initialized, neither had any badges.  I thought someone from Maxis had posted in a chat that all servos would have gold badges in robotics.  It would make sense, I don't make any of my electronic possessions practice to gain abilities they should already have.  
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 17, 18:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo had a handful of random badges, and did not have a Gold in Robotics - he had to work up to that. However, he did have a Gold in Cash Register  Grin when I saw that I knew I had to keep him in the family.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 17, 18:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sell my servos for 25k.  I tried 50k but was having a heck of a time selling any.   25k works for me.  I don't sell many, but Jorge's Robotics doesn't need anymore money.  They've already made 400k.  I jack up the prices on the other robots too.  Anything silver badge required I sell for 6k.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 17, 19:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only issue with them is it's hard to tell them apart, but I have some ideas for working on making recolors for their 'formal' outfit and if I can figure out how to access the head as a hat maybe even different colored servos.
That would be nice.  I have 3 active servos in my neighborhood, all of whom work at the robot factory, and I have no idea which is which.

Even with that, though, I probably won't activate any more of them.  They're just another way of making an easy game easier.

I'd love to have a hot oil tub for servos too.
"Thank the Maker; this is going to feel so good."

What purpose would a Hot Oil tub serve?  Fun?  Servos have so few needs.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 17, 19:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fun and socializing I suppose (well assuming another servo is in there with them). I guess it could do power but that wouldn't make much sense. *shrug*

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 17, 19:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I love the idea of a hot oil bath for the servos.  Granted, I haven't actually built one yet (working my way to it) so don't really know how their needs are affected (or for that matter even what needs they have) but it just makes sense in my mind they could go soak in an oil bath for a while!   Cheesy

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 17, 21:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo came with a gold robotics badge and no other.  The person who activated him had two silvers as I recall, neither in robotics, although the person who made him had a gold robotics badge.  What bothers me most about Servos is the fact that every one made adds another character file to the neighbourhood, which would certainly stop me making as many of them as I would have done otherwise.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 17, 21:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to have a hot oil tub for servos too.

Hmm... I wonder why I suddenly have the urge to watch 'Star Wars'?

But I agree, that would be nice. The poor things have so little to do, and they most definitely can't go into the water. I learned that the hard way, although why that robot went into the pool in the first place is a mystery to me. I didn't order it to do that, and I have JM's wonderful pool-hack. Oh well, it had its entertainment value :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 17, 21:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

adds a character file when you *make* them or when you *initialize* them?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 17, 21:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Initialize. You can sell them all you want if they aren't initialized and it won't add character files.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 17, 22:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Servo came with a gold robotics badge and no other.  The person who activated him had two silvers as I recall, neither in robotics, although the person who made him had a gold robotics badge.  What bothers me most about Servos is the fact that every one made adds another character file to the neighbourhood, which would certainly stop me making as many of them as I would have done otherwise.

That's not surprising; they are, for all intents and purposes, Sims, with Aspirations, Wants, Fears, etc. In fact except for the lack of half of the motives and their "skin", everything else really seems the same: they move the same, have the same gestures (e.g. scratching under armpits), etc.

Did you know that Servos can power up by sleeping in a bed? I wonder why Maxis added that in. How can a robot power up by sleeping? Do they plug themselves in the nearby wall outlet?

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 17, 23:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servos are pretty cool.  But I think I'll refrain from making any in my main hood.  Because then I'll be tempted to make another Servo so it can have a "robot buddy".  And another and another untill my character files start to skyrocket.

Of course this doesn't hold true in my other hoods.  Chester Gieke has gotten the monopoly on Servo suppling in Strangetown.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 17, 23:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my one and only servo has turned out to be a shoplifter....pissed off out of the florists and through the lot portal, bag in hand with not a backward glance earlier
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 17, 23:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've checked this for Pescado myself - servos can't go swimming, but they CAN go into hot tubs without dramas.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 17, 23:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that doesn't make much sense.  Tongue

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 18, 00:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no, it doesn't

just means you need to worry about the recolouring and not the hacking, though!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: