More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 10:37:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any successful gym?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any successful gym?  (Read 6446 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Any successful gym?
« on: 2006 March 15, 21:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not talking about money made off membership fees here. I'm asking if your customers actually work out in your gym. In the Bluewater 1,2,3+ gym, only the treadmill and hot tub, and of course the coffee stand, are used. They don't seem to be interested in workout.  Angry

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Any successful gym?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 15, 21:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you still be a personal trainer like you could in University? Maybe even assing an employee to be one? I also notice that Gym was a venue which I suppose makes sense, but I thought you could also have employees be trainers and such. Once again, the Prima guide is mum on the issue of running gyms.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 15, 21:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't try personal trainer. In fact I didn't try much personal trainer in Uni either. Do you offer to be personal trainer when they ARE exercising, or you can just come up to a sim doing other things and offer to train?

Yes, I charge entrance fee. I doubt you can make personal trainers out of employees unless you have a manager and you can control the manager to be a personal trainer. There is no management options directed at employees about being a personal trainer. Unless you can select a machine and "assign" an employee to be a "personal trainer", like the stylist. I highly doubt.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 15, 21:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe you could do both. Click on a working out sim and be their trainer or click on the exercise machine and offer to be a trainer that way. Just like tutoring.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 15, 21:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to wait until they are actually using a machine yes. At least you used to in University. So I guess in this scenario even if it worked you'd only be able to do it with the treadmills if they are avoiding the other machines.

Since the treamill was listed on Pescado's list as being more efficient at building the body skill faster than the other workout machines, I guess the sims just default over to using that one. Maybe if the business rank went up enough to get more customers they'd start using some other machines if the treadmills were full not sure.

I definitely think having hot tubs there is a bad BAD idea. Ever since the base game sims have always been obsessed with it and good like get their ass out of it once they get in unless they're about to starve to death or pass out from exhaustion.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 15, 21:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The treadmill has a fun factor, that's why simmies like it.   Roll Eyes

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 15, 21:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If nothing works, even when I have more customers, I think I would have to use Inge's pay exercise machines, sims seem to like to work out on her machines, maybe they have higher fun. Also the autonomous punching bag at MTS2 can a candidate, but it is made too attractive, sims will not stop until they almost pass out, if only in time.

Yeah, I definitly need to get rid of hot tub and coffee bar, I like to see a roomful of people working out, because that's what a gym should be!

Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 15, 23:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I definitely think having hot tubs there is a bad BAD idea. Ever since the base game sims have always been obsessed with it and good like get their ass out of it once they get in unless they're about to starve to death or pass out from exhaustion.

Until OFB hot tubs being obsessive was true for residential lots but not for community lots with workout machines present. Neither on my Campus community workouts nor in the Maxis prebuild Downtown workout (donīt know its english name) towny visitors seemed to be the least interested in the hot tubs, they just headed straight for the workout machines. Only at home I had to fence in all my hot tubs.
Then after OFB I tried and put the counter on a residential lot which was fully equipped, and I opened the access to the hot tub, which had always been extremely attractive to all private visitors. And - surprise - customers of my new business were not interested in the hot tub nor the music instruments not the bowling allley - they just headed for the only treadmill on the lot, used it (with a lot of angry stomping by those that had to queue) and then immediately after quitting left my lot again ....
Sometimes the behaviour is just too stupid .....
I always hoped that one day Pescado would write mods for the attraction/obsessiveness of hot tubs on residential lots and workout machines on community lots - but seems I am unlucky this time....
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 15, 23:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think the weight training machines *should* have a fun factor, whereas there is nothing fun whatsoever about a treadmill.

But that is my own personal opinion and a non-awesome one at that.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 15, 23:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think the weight training machines *should* have a fun factor, whereas there is nothing fun whatsoever about a treadmill.
Tell that to the people who spend their time playing Evercrap all day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 15, 23:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, treadmills have a fun factor.  I think the Multi-press has one too, but not as high.

Treadmills also have really low decay on comfort too as far as I can tell.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 15, 23:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i set up a salon with 2 sims but they didn't seem to draw any customers, so as they had a pool in their basement and room for a hot tub, a treadmill and a work out machine i put in a ticket machine. the sims coming to the lot seem to like it and use all the facilities, no one being more favoured than another really and they clock up quite a few simoleons an hour between them
i sold the salon chairs as they just weren't popular and the 2 sims now offer their services as personal trainers
MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 16, 17:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had one of my sims buy the 1-2-3+ Gym.  Customers will come in, decide to pay, go directly to the treadmill, run for 30 seconds, then hop off and leave the lot.  Or, those who do something else first and then go the treadmill also leave immediately after using it.

I can't keep customers on my lot for more than a sim hour or maybe 2.  Why do they leave right after using the treadmill?
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 16, 23:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't keep customers on my lot for more than a sim hour or maybe 2.  Why do they leave right after using the treadmill?

Get too stinky?

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 17, 00:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to put some showers on the lot.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 17, 00:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you need to put some showers on the lot.

1,2,3 gym has plenty showers, but you know they are sims, they don't want to use when they need to.  Angry

MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 17, 17:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are showers, and a hot tub, and the sims who leave aren't even stinky.  No green fumes.  Plus would they get that stinky after only 30 seconds?

Maybe I should replace the cheap showers with the expensive ones?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: