More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:07:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Servo sucks as a family member
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Servo sucks as a family member  (Read 13651 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Servo sucks as a family member
« on: 2006 March 07, 21:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two servos that I built as employees for US Robotics.  They hang around the owner's house, doing incredibly stupid things, like having two live-in nannies with all the nanny behavior you hate.  Every few minutes - maybe every 30 sim minutes? - they automatically get the "do chores" task, which interrupts any queued actions you might have.  So I might order Caliban-1 to pick up two discarded bottles, he'll pick up one, go wander off to "do a chore" in another part of the house, and then come back to pick up the second bottle.

The real problem is the retarded things like to serve food, and the "Food Already Available Fix" doesn't prevent it.  Horatio-2 serves chocolate cake, and a couple of family members sit down to eat it.  Then Caliban-1 starts to serve a meal.  I cancel that, since there's no way anyone will eat it, and the table is covered with chocolate cake slices anyway.  I tell Caliban-1 one to clear it up, he does, and then before I can stop him he's opened the refrigerator again to Serve Baked Alaska.

Great way to waste food, Servos.  I think I'll keep you shut off at all times unless I actually have orders for you.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Re: Servo sucks as a family member
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 22:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download No Servo "Do Chores".

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 22:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my Servo wants to do is drink espresso.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 22:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servo is a idiot too but for different reasons.  Whenever he is idle he wants to play the bloody computer, what's worse is it's in the kids room and he keeps wanting to go play it at night while the kid is sleeping.  Thank goodness for J.M's sleep clock or i'd have killed that robotic annoyance long ago.  I keep having to tell that dumb robot to do something constructive like paint.  I put him as a fortune sim so he could roll up the painting want well he doesn't just tons of job wants and no painting want despite his maxed skills.  A further annoyance of this robot menace is that i have to have free will on for him to do any autonomously cleaning.  Personally i preferred the sims 1 servo, you couldn't control him, he didn't need social and he just cleaned and went about his business then shut down for the day.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 22:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I missed that hack.  I usually prefer free will for a variety of reasons, but the "do chores" code is stupid enough that I definitely don't want it.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 22:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servo is a idiot too but for different reasons.  Whenever he is idle he wants to play the bloody computer, what's worse is it's in the kids room and he keeps wanting to go play it at night while the kid is sleeping.  Thank goodness for J.M's sleep clock or i'd have killed that robotic annoyance long ago.  I keep having to tell that dumb robot to do something constructive like paint.  I put him as a fortune sim so he could roll up the painting want well he doesn't just tons of job wants and no painting want despite his maxed skills.  A further annoyance of this robot menace is that i have to have free will on for him to do any autonomously cleaning.  Personally i preferred the sims 1 servo, you couldn't control him, he didn't need social and he just cleaned and went about his business then shut down for the day.

Try to make him paint once before, and try to make it a masterpiece.  Then he should roll the "Paint a Master Piece" want.  And, with the masterpiece want, comes the even more persistant "Sell a Novel" want.  Then, two of his want slots are taken up by "Have Masterpiece Fail" and "Sell a Pulp Novel" fear.  Bit annoying really.  I would pick Knowledge for Aspiration.  That way, he is doing something constructive.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 07, 22:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since we're on the subject of Servo..is there anyway to get rid of him? My daughter had her sim build three of them and she's wanting them out of the family. Can they move out via the newspaper or computer?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 07, 23:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  But just breaking them and leaving them broken would be fun too.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 07, 23:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My servo is a idiot too but for different reasons.  Whenever he is idle he wants to play the bloody computer, what's worse is it's in the kids room and he keeps wanting to go play it at night while the kid is sleeping.  Thank goodness for J.M's sleep clock or i'd have killed that robotic annoyance long ago.  I keep having to tell that dumb robot to do something constructive like paint.  I put him as a fortune sim so he could roll up the painting want well he doesn't just tons of job wants and no painting want despite his maxed skills.  A further annoyance of this robot menace is that i have to have free will on for him to do any autonomously cleaning.  Personally i preferred the sims 1 servo, you couldn't control him, he didn't need social and he just cleaned and went about his business then shut down for the day.

Try to make him paint once before, and try to make it a masterpiece.  Then he should roll the "Paint a Master Piece" want.  And, with the masterpiece want, comes the even more persistant "Sell a Novel" want.  Then, two of his want slots are taken up by "Have Masterpiece Fail" and "Sell a Pulp Novel" fear.  Bit annoying really.  I would pick Knowledge for Aspiration.  That way, he is doing something constructive.

I've had him sell a masterpiece like 5 times already and it still doesn't work.  Maybe i gotta get his creativity to drop somehow and upgrade it again to make a masterpiece?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 07, 23:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever he is idle he wants to play the bloody computer, what's worse is it's in the kids room and he keeps wanting to go play it at night while the kid is sleeping.  

Monique's computers on MTS2 don't affect Sims sleeping in the same room, even when they play SSX.  I am so used to this now, I'd forgotten it was part of them until I got the update today.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 07, 23:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever he is idle he wants to play the bloody computer, what's worse is it's in the kids room and he keeps wanting to go play it at night while the kid is sleeping.  

Monique's computers on MTS2 don't affect Sims sleeping in the same room, even when they play SSX.  I am so used to this now, I'd forgotten it was part of them until I got the update today.

Considering i use the sleep clock it's not a big problem as they can't get out of bed to whine anyway.  I just wish his preference was paint instead of play computer.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 08, 00:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

US Robotics? Are you making modems too?

Instant gratification takes too long.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 08, 01:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.. with so many negative reports of Servo, I think I would just use him in my shop. Would that make things better? I don't want him as a family member if he causes that many issues.

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 08, 01:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servo does not really have issues beyond "Do Chores". Most of his antics stem from the real culprit, FREE WILL MODE, coupled with a LACK OF ORDERS. If you simply neglect him, of COURSE he is going to do some random stupid thing. With a complete lack of anything INTELLIGENT to be doing since he has practically no motives, he will do stupid things!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 08, 02:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servo does not really have issues beyond "Do Chores". Most of his antics stem from the real culprit, FREE WILL MODE, coupled with a LACK OF ORDERS. If you simply neglect him, of COURSE he is going to do some random stupid thing. With a complete lack of anything INTELLIGENT to be doing since he has practically no motives, he will do stupid things!

Well maybe you want to make some sort of military control device for him then?  That goes along the lines of production and painting ect.  But yeah your right i think i'm gonna start playing with free will off again and just tell him to do what i want myself it'll stop the stupidity.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 08, 02:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maybe you want to make some sort of military control device for him then?  That goes along the lines of production and painting ect.  But yeah your right i think i'm gonna start playing with free will off again and just tell him to do what i want myself it'll stop the stupidity.
To be honest, Servo doesn't really benefit much from macros when ordered to do factory labor at workbenches. He rarely stops anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 08, 02:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be honest, Servo doesn't really benefit much from macros when ordered to do factory labor at workbenches. He rarely stops anyway.

Hmm very true, the only need that drops insanely fast on my servo is the damned social.  Once simpe is upgraded i think i'll tone down his outgoing stat...ALOT.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 08, 02:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm very true, the only need that drops insanely fast on my servo is the damned social.  Once simpe is upgraded i think i'll tone down his outgoing stat...ALOT.

Why wait for SimPE? There are many in-game ways to do this. (I've been using Merola's Multi-Purpose Painting, but I haven't checked yet to see how it works with OFB.) There are even plenty that will sync genetics, not that it matters on a robot.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 08, 02:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why wait for SimPE? There are many in-game ways to do this. (I've been using Merola's Multi-Purpose Painting, but I haven't checked yet to see how it works with OFB.) There are even plenty that will sync genetics, not that it matters on a robot.

Sync genetics?  So wait your saying i could do sim surgery then they could have kids and they wouldn't look like they came from the roadkill face they used to have?  I just tend to stick to simpe since it has the least amount of problems possible.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 08, 02:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

been playing with the painting in since i got the game 4 days ago and seems to be ok
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 08, 03:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sync genetics?  So wait your saying i could do sim surgery then they could have kids and they wouldn't look like they came from the roadkill face they used to have?  I just tend to stick to simpe since it has the least amount of problems possible.

Genetic personality, not appearance genetics. Sorry, should have phrased that better.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 08, 03:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Genetic personality, not appearance genetics. Sorry, should have phrased that better.

Ahh okay, genetic personality isn't such a big deal but appearance genetics would be terrific.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 08, 03:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh okay, genetic personality isn't such a big deal but appearance genetics would be terrific.

I would want appearance genetics too  Angry
I create some handsome faces from the horses and monkeys using the Dr vu and had to clone these sims and release them back into game so that they can pass on their genetics and killing the horses and monkeys (if I want to). A lot of work if you ask me  Embarrassed

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 08, 03:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can replace a sims default facial structure with their new one after using plastic surgery, but it still requires SimPE.

Does SimPE not work at all with OFB?  Or are there certain things you can't do with it that are OFB-related?  It seems that we could still use SimPE with NL when it came out, Quaxi just had to update some thing so we could do stuff like view/change turnons/offs.  Or perhaps my memory is fuzzy because I didn't install NL for several weeks after it came out and SimPE was already updated.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 08, 04:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can replace a sims default facial structure with their new one after using plastic surgery, but it still requires SimPE.

Does SimPE not work at all with OFB?  Or are there certain things you can't do with it that are OFB-related?  It seems that we could still use SimPE with NL when it came out, Quaxi just had to update some thing so we could do stuff like view/change turnons/offs.  Or perhaps my memory is fuzzy because I didn't install NL for several weeks after it came out and SimPE was already updated.

Considering so much has changed with OFB it's safer not to use simpe until it's updated.  It should only be a couple more days anyway, it was estimated a working version would be available after a week of the expansions release.

Makes you wonder if they even have time to play the game.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: