More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:12:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Clothes Changing Hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothes Changing Hack?  (Read 3478 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Clothes Changing Hack?
« on: 2006 March 07, 13:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used Inge's clothes changing system and see that it is not compatible with OFB and she will NOT be updating it. Would anyone else consider doing a mod like it for OFB? I know you are all busy with updating your hacks at the moment, but maybe sometime in the future? Thanks
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Clothes Changing Hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 07, 13:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about clothes changing for playable sims or non playable ones? For playables, Pescado's clothing tool works. For non-playables, I think you can still use one of those colored security panels from valdea.com, or you can use Inge's shrub to move a townie in temporarily, buy and plan the outfit with the clothing tool and use the shrub to move them back out to the townie bin. Of course, it costs you money that way. :p

Since NL just making them selectable doesn't seem to work and they have to be a full household member to use the clothing tool properly.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 07, 16:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Motoki, Its not a hack for picking new clothes for a sim. Its a hacked flower (In Inge's case), that allows you to set the type of clothing that a sim will wear when they enter a certain room. For instance, if I have a pool house, I would put a "clothes change flower" inside the pool house and set it to make everyone that enters that room  put on their bathing suit. I would use another flower in my upstairs hallway so that when sims come out of their bedrooms in the morning, they would automatically put on their everyday clothes, thus preventing sims from doing any and everything in their pajamas. You can find the object at Inge's site under 'hacked doors' and then 'complete clothes-change system'. As I said, she has noted she will not be updating it for OFB and its a hack I will really miss.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 07, 17:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I know Danny's DMA controller at valdea.com did have an option to change the clothing type of sims, but you had to do it manually yourself and it changed everyone on the lot to that type. I can't think of anyone else besides Inge that has something similar.

Do none of her clothes change doors work at all anymore or is it just the flower?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 07, 17:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using TunaIsAFish's  Smart Door, because I couldn't get Inge's system to work even before OFB.  And to be perfectly clear, it does work with OFB.

My primary use is for bedrooms, to prevent Sims from wandering into the kitchen in their underwear because I wasn't watching them.  It's particularly good if you're tinkering with Uni dorms and you want to be sure Dormies get dressed.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 07, 17:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At this point it seems none of her clothes change doors are OFB compatible either. I have the DMA controller, but that doesn't work the way Inge's flower worked. My preference is the flower by far, but right now I guess I'll just have to mourn its passing  Sad  and get on with things. Unless of course someone else chooses to do a hack like it.

Thanks Gus, I will look again at the smart doors, but unfortunately I'd rather have one flower than a whoile raft of new doors.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 07, 17:27:18 by Braveheart » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: