More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 04, 10:43:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My poor sim never gave birth..
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My poor sim never gave birth..  (Read 10733 times)
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
My poor sim never gave birth..
« on: 2006 March 05, 19:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as a side note, the "forcetwins" cheatcode did cause twins.  I used the pregnancy test, confirmed there was one, and then used forcetwins, and took the test again...lo and behold...twins.  Well, the poor mother went into labour in the middle of her home business, and the family bar said the twins arrived, but she was still very very pregnant, her dresser would only let her change into maternity.  She was able to "take a spin" in her car, and the babies were no where on the lot.  It didn't even  give me an option to quit, with or without saving the lot.  Now I have to go through the whole thing again, and wait until the stupid twins come before I start the store. (she has a lifetime want of graduating 3 kids from college, and she only has 11 days until elderhood, I figured twins was the easiest way to go with that one.)

So, at least all the twerps that kept trying twinzrcute or whatever that stupid fake code was can actually force twins now.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: My poor sim never gave birth..
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 05, 20:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the forcetwins cheat might corrupt the pregnancy.  It administers a token during the pregnancy wich I believe is bad.  A token should be administered before the pregnancy so the pregnancy controller doesn't go koo-koo-bananas and force itself into errors.

Did you play with debug mode on?  Did an error come up?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 05, 20:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide write this:

(Cheat Section):

"Pregnant sims can have twins if they eat Cheesecake. Unlike the Forsetwins cheat, it isn't sure thing, but the probability significantly increases"

Does it help?

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 05, 20:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She wants to know why the birth stopped, sending her sim into perpetual pregnancy.

I think that cheat needs some looking at, if anyone knows where the codes for the cheats are.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 05, 20:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Cheat Section):

"Pregnant sims can have twins if they eat Cheesecake. Unlike the Forsetwins cheat, it isn't sure thing, but the probability significantly increases"

Does it help?                                                                                                     

According to Pescado, this is a myth. He says there isn't anything in the code that gives special properties to cheesecake.  Sorry....

Karen
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 05, 20:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no...that's spaghetti, or chips, or cookie, cheesecake actually does do that.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 05, 20:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no...that's spaghetti, or chips, or cookie, cheesecake actually does do that.

Can you prove it?  Pescado has looked at the code and he says this is a myth.  Look here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3278.msg96477#msg96477
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 05, 21:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh...seems time for THE CHEESECAKE CHALLENGE!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 05, 21:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you prove it?

I don't think Maxis will allow that the  Prima Guide will contain  "gags" in it's Cheat Section - it's reputation is on stake...Smiley.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 05, 21:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Maxis will allow that the  Prima Guide will contain  "gags" in it's Cheat Section - it's reputation is on stake...Smiley.

But no one has ever claimed that everything in the Prima guide is 100% accurate.  Especially since the guide was written weeks before the game came out, and things may have changed in the final version. 

Karen
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 05, 21:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked the War Room

You could eat cheesecake until you explode and still not have twins.  Maxis once again fumbles the truth.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 05, 23:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried again, and she didn't have the babies again.  SOOOOOO....perhaps I'll have to get her pregnant, and get an ugly baby from the adoption pool.

Kind of stinks that forcetwins doesn't actually work, when you have a reason to do twins...(seeing as that I actually HATE having twins)
bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 06, 00:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sort of done the cheese cake challenge.  Out of 4 pregnancies, only 1 was twins.   Huh

My problem so far is the game freezes on the load family screen of my previous families.  It sat there for 10 minutes once before I got pissed and rebooted. 

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 06, 00:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my family load screen did that too, so I moved them all to the simbin, and then to a new house.  it solved that problem
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 06, 01:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't have a Renyu Senso Orb on any of those lots, did you?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 06, 03:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Cheat Section):

Does it help?                                                                                                     

According to Pescado, this is a myth. He says there isn't anything in the code that gives special properties to cheesecake.  Sorry....

Karen

They're both right. There really code is in the game for cheescake to force twins (which I just found tonight), but it's broken due to a bug in the code and will never work. Also, it's coded to be a sure thing (if it worked).

The forcetwins cheat does work, and all it's doing is changing the number of babies and won't screw up your game.

@momtogirls - did you have the business open or closed at the time of birth? Did you try the opposite of the way it was?
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 06, 04:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as a side note, the "forcetwins" cheatcode did cause twins.  I used the pregnancy test, confirmed there was one, and then used forcetwins, and took the test again...lo and behold...twins.  Well, the poor mother went into labour in the middle of her home business, and the family bar said the twins arrived, but she was still very very pregnant, her dresser would only let her change into maternity.  She was able to "take a spin" in her car, and the babies were no where on the lot.  It didn't even  give me an option to quit, with or without saving the lot.  Now I have to go through the whole thing again, and wait until the stupid twins come before I start the store. (she has a lifetime want of graduating 3 kids from college, and she only has 11 days until elderhood, I figured twins was the easiest way to go with that one.)

So, at least all the twerps that kept trying twinzrcute or whatever that stupid fake code was can actually force twins now.

Those aren't twins. They won't come out because it is a giant tumor, complete with hair and teeth.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 06, 04:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Cheat Section):

Does it help?                                                                                                     

Karen

They're both right. There really code is in the game for cheescake to force twins (which I just found tonight), but it's broken due to a bug in the code and will never work. Also, it's coded to be a sure thing (if it worked).

The forcetwins cheat does work, and all it's doing is changing the number of babies and won't screw up your game.

@momtogirls - did you have the business open or closed at the time of birth? Did you try the opposite of the way it was?

Great.  Roll Eyes So Maxis finally makes a food for twins and the chance of it happening from it is broken? Great temples of Mike! Why am I not surprised? Is this broken code something you'd be able to (or even want to) fix? I have to wonder if this is Maxis' revenge for all of those stupid twins threads. They give us a food that doesn't even work properly!

I've used the "forcetwins" cheat and had no problem. The sim I used it on yesterday had her boy-girl twins this evening and everything's fine.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 06, 04:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix for the cheesecake bug: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3320.0
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 06, 06:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did forcetwins 2 or 3 times, and it got stuck, both with an open business and a closed business.  So I had her eat cheesecake, and she got pregnant with twins, they got stuck, so I took out all my hacks, and it still got stuck, so I reinstalled the whole damn thing.  Hopefully that helps.

I did download the 50%hack.

I have a medicine cabinet that has a "pregnancy test" that tells if a sim is pregnant, by who, and how many babies..but it's from a german site, and I don't know if its really clean.  so I took that out (thinking that it's the only somewhat pregnancy related hack I had)  Does anyone know if there is an OFB compatable pregnancy test hack? (I like knowing)

thanks for the imput, and all your hard work.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 06, 06:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those aren't twins. They won't come out because it is a giant tumor, complete with hair and teeth.

that made me laugh aloud.  My father said all the time, that babies are the worlds largest tumors...they're foriegn bodies that grow, and suck the life out of the host.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 06, 08:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought tumors were domestic bodies. If they're foreign bodies that suck the life from their host, they're called "parasites". Which they most certainly are, seeing as they certainly provide no benefit to the host organism and are not harmless.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 06, 09:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasn't necessarily a hack that caused the pregnancy to get stuck - stuck pregnancies are one of those things that sometimes just happens in the game. I had it happen last year with only Uni installed. I used SimPE to fix it, but I am pretty sure that by turning on testing cheats (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat window), shift-clicking the sim and selecting "Spawn... Tombstone of L&D", then clicking on that and choosing to advance the pregnancy should work. Not sure what the last option would be, exactly, it's been ages since I've used it.

Anyhow, after that is done make sure to delete the Tombstone and turn testing cheats off if you don't usually run with them on.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 06, 10:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought tumors were domestic bodies. If they're foreign bodies that suck the life from their host, they're called "parasites". Which they most certainly are, seeing as they certainly provide no benefit to the host organism and are not harmless.

Tumors are pretty much "domestic" bodies in the sense that they are actually "host" cells, or cells that belong to the host itself and typically not cells from a foreign organism. Something "foreign" such as ultra violet light or radiation or free radicals might trigger the condition wherein cancerous cells are unable to enter the state of apoptosis. As a result, the cells grow continuously and almost indefiniately forming a cluster known as a tumor.

So yeah... babies would be better classified as "parasites" instead. Grin

Ste

momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 06, 12:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, parasite it is....and it doesn't stop after their born, either.  I've got 2, and they STILL suck the life out of me. (way to totally change the direction of a thread, right)

Again, thanks for all your help.

Syberspunk-I tried the testingcheatsenabled, but I forgot about the spawn option...I forgot what that one did.  Next time, I'll try THAT before I totally nuke my game.  (by the way, the only thing I haven't re-added to my d/l file is risky woohoo-is that yours?  and is it clean?-)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: