More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 02:38:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot  (Read 20973 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot
« on: 2006 March 03, 02:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=5606
Post #6 - "Lot full of sims" not compatable with OFB

Not at my game computer right now (stupid work  Tongue ) but isn't this the hack that allows more than 8 to live on a lot? Brynne - you just got me hooked on huge households. Say it ain't so.

Anyone with OFB using the hack that allows more than 8 on a lot?
Wolfee
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Say it ain't so - Brynne, you got OFB? - more than 8 on a lot
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 03, 03:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH NO! Darnit, I was liking it too. So what happens to the house with excess people living there? Do a lot of them disappear?
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 03, 03:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My house with 16  residents is working so far I have not discovered any problems yet but I havn't tested everything yet either.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 03, 04:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'd suggest not playing that hood until the mod is updated!

Zephyr Zodiac
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 03, 04:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know ZZ I just put it in so I could go in and see if they are still there .I am going to take it out again until I here more about it. It is the only house I have that many in. It was basicly A test house for that mod anyway. But I have kinda grown fond of the little pixels now so I don't want them to go poof Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 03, 04:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I gather, Phantom isn't saying that the mod isn't compatible, he or she is saying that it shows up as overriding game behavior, which is what all global mods do.  Whether it's compatible is something Doc Doofus will have to investigate.  If it's not compatible, hopefully, he will update it.  So I wouldn't panic just yet.  Smiley  Personally I am going to hold off on the new EP until I know that most of the mods I use the most are updated.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 07:51:48 by rainbow » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 03, 07:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, if you're a really clever cat, you can even take the scanning tool found in the Bowels of Trogdor and check your own hacks for compatibility yourself. Just be sure you understand what the output actually means.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 03, 07:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just might do that sometime.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 03, 14:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My house with 16  residents is working so far I have not discovered any problems yet but I havn't tested everything yet either.
Could you tell me where I can find that mod?  I was thinking about coming up with a Breeder challenge that required that you fulfill the "Have 10 babies" want without the Elixer of Life, and with little or no help parenting.  Such a challenge would require relaxing the 8 Sims limit to be really interesting.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 03, 14:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gus, this is where that mod is. I have only skimmed through, but it seems Doc has updated it to work for all ep's. Good luck to all you brave people, I can't even deal with 5+ sims on a lot without coming close to murderous intentions (all directed toward the simmies, no worries Wink)

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=101362&highlight=doc+doofus

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 03, 15:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you tell me where I can find that mod?  I was thinking about coming up with a Breeder challenge that required that you fulfill the "Have 10 babies" want without the Elixer of Life, and with little or no help parenting.  Such a challenge would require relaxing the 8 Sims limit to be really interesting.
The only way to have 10 babies without life extension is to either spawn twins or be male. Twins is obviously a crapshoot without cheating, so that leaves being male as the only reliable method.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 03, 15:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes sense, considering the adult lifespan is 29 days, and each pregnancy is a little over 3 days long.  So even if you kept your poor female perpetually pregnant, that's still 30+ days to fulfill ten babies.  You'd have to adopt some, although I'm not sure if they count or not.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 03, 15:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it makes any difference to the gaining of permaplat, but it would depend on the rules of the challenge.  Now, in my experience, Romance sims are much more likely to have twins.......  On the other hand, they don't get the LTW!

Zephyr Zodiac
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 03, 15:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to have 10 babies without life extension is to either spawn twins or be male. Twins is obviously a crapshoot without cheating, so that leaves being male as the only reliable method.
Yah, that's obvious.  It's even ridiculously easy if you use multiple lots.  You can fulfill the want on day 1 of a Sim's life, just by running all the females on other lots and inviting the target Sim over for procreation.  Thus, the incentive to force the player to do it all on one lot, without moving any of the children out.  That's the only way to make it interesting.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 03, 16:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't he be a busy little simmie, then!

Zephyr Zodiac
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 03, 16:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read on another site that OFB is suppossed to now allow more than 8 sims on a lot.
They got the information from the guide, this is the quote,

Addneighbortofamilycheat [on/off]: With this cheat activated you can shift + left click on an NPC to add one to the current household. This won't work on service NPCs engaged in their jobs (i.e. maid cleaning, gardener gardening, etc.) but will work if that same sim is visiting socially or hanging out after finishing tasks. You can even add sims in excess of the customary eight-Sim family limit. Won't work on special NPCs like the grim reaper or Mrs. Crumplebottom.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 17:24:00 by PlayLives » Logged
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 03, 17:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doc Doofus' hack allows you to try for a baby with 8 or more sims in the household.

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 03, 19:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could add members in excess of 8 even without OFB by using TL&D or Inge's teleporter shrub.  I never tried saving though.  You still couldn't try for baby, get married, or propose move in.  Doc Doofus' hack allows all that.  The only thing you can't do is combine households from the neighborhood screen if a house has 8 or more sims or create families in CAS with more than 8 sims.  That is apparently hardcoded into the game executable.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 03, 19:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my 16 member houshold these are all ingame conceived and born into this house.They are the product of Alien abductions.As Rainbow said you can't add members  through the combine households option.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 03, 19:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Presumably, though, if you don't have any of these hacks in your game, a knowledge sim living in a full house could meet the aliens as often as he wants with impunity!

Zephyr Zodiac
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 03, 19:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=5606
Post #6 - "Lot full of sims" not compatable with OFB

Not at my game computer right now (stupid work  Tongue ) but isn't this the hack that allows more than 8 to live on a lot? Brynne - you just got me hooked on huge households. Say it ain't so.

Anyone with OFB using the hack that allows more than 8 on a lot?

i've been playing my lots that i have used that hack on n they still work fine as far as i can tell.  Do you know what's not compatible about it?  All my people are still there-everyone seems to be fine.....

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 03, 19:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"All the world's a Neighbourhood, and all the men and women merely Sims." Zephyrzodiac

ROFL!  i just noticed this in your siggy. i guess i'm not the only one who's been 'hmmm-ing" about that (per my siggy) Tongue (sorry-off topic-AHEM)

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 03, 20:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have the EP, yet. I'm thinking I may actually wait a bit until some of the kinks (whatever they may be) are worked out, hacks updated, etc. I've always been able to play with much more than 8 sims thanks to Inge's shrub, but, like Rainbow said, I love that Doc Doofus' hack allows the "try for baby" option, among others.

At the risk of getting a billion "Your game is going to blow up" responses, here is a screenshot of my current family of 24 (check out that male/female ratio! Obviously sim Val has been taking advantage of the "try for baby option"):

Picture removed. Too scandalous, I'm hearing.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 04, 06:26:45 by Brynne » Logged
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 03, 20:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang Brynne! I want to live in that lot! Who wouldn't want to live with all those hunks?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 03, 20:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! Many of those hunks are the fathers of the kids. Sim me has a REALLY GOOD TIME.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: