More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 22, 10:46:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sentry bot - think what the modders can do with this one
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sentry bot - think what the modders can do with this one  (Read 24377 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Sentry bot - think what the modders can do with this one
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 24, 01:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 24, 01:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazon.com sent me an email a few days ago and said OFB was delayed and will be shipped between March 11-14.  I didn't order the guide. The guide aggravates me with the few pages in the front about the expansion, and the remainder old news.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 24, 02:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I pre-ordered the other day from amazon.co.uk, and the shipping date quoted is March 4th, and I should receive it on March 7th.  Haven't heard anything to the contrary, and they're usually pretty quick about letting you know changes in delivery dates.

Zephyr Zodiac
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 24, 02:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I checked at the local Wal-Mart the other day.  OFB will be in the store on March 2.  I'm so excited it's so soon, but I will have to wait 1 day until Payday to purchase.  Sad Grin

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 24, 02:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because they don't want another...incident.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 24, 02:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and double checked my email to be sure of the dates and it does say March 11-14. Maybe they threw some extra days in there to cover their butts.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 24, 02:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazon.com sent me an email a few days ago and said OFB was delayed and will be shipped between March 11-14.  I didn't order the guide. The guide aggravates me with the few pages in the front about the expansion, and the remainder old news.

University is the last EP this happened with (and thus my Uni guide has replaced my original TS2 guide). The Nightlife guide is mostly NL-specific stuff, with charts at the back reviewing careers, objects, and interactions, and someone has reported that the OFB guide (which is bigger than the NL guide) is all or nearly all EP content.

That said, don't pay $20 for it. Hunt down a good discount on fetchbook.info or something.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 24, 02:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be - or maybe since they've been rather criticized in the past for making us wait in the UK, they've made sure the shipment went out in plenty of time, and Amazon UK already know it'll be in stock in time.

Zephyr Zodiac
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 24, 03:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I give it two weeks before someone turns it into a sexbot with optional furry accessories. *SIGH*

Thats the tragedy of the internets.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 24, 03:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or the hilarity of them, considering your point of view.  Grin

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 24, 04:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pre-ordered on 1/20 from amazon.com and the "Delivery estimate" for mine is March 2, 2006 - March 4, 2006   Grin

I also pre-ordered the guide at the same time, I always do because some of the information is really nice to have on hand.

Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 24, 07:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pre-ordered January 4, 2006 and it still says mine will be delivered March 11-14. Can't figure what's up with the difference in dates. Doesn't make sense that several of us would get different delivery dates on the same item.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 24, 08:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pre-orderred at EB games, checked my order, and it still says that the delivery will be made at 28th of March.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 24, 13:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going by EBGames this afternoon for GalCiv2. I will see if the guide is here yet (not buying it, but I can taunt you all).

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 24, 16:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pre-orderred at EB games, checked my order, and it still says that the delivery will be made at 28th of March.

I also preordered from EB just checked the site again and it still says Feb. 28.  Although what will probably happen (even though I picked the fastest shipping) is that it will get here after all the stores have it anyways.  I'm only pre-ordering online so I don't have to go out with a 3 year old to get a copy and can stay home (and wait impatiently on the copy of it).
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 24, 17:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just preordered on the 17th from Amazon.com, delivery is estimated at March 2-6th. I've never preordered before, I usually just hop over to Walmart and get the ep at a huge discount (around $23 for the first week)  compared to Amazon's bloated price. This time though, I had a gift certificate for Amazon so I'm only paying $5, including free shipping so I decided what the heck. I also ordered the guide because where I live, the guides are extremely hard to find for some reason.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Database
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 24, 18:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just ordered from Gameplay.com Cheesy
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 24, 18:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I give it two weeks before someone turns it into a sexbot with optional furry accessories. *SIGH*

If the reviews are correct, it will be able to woohoo with regular sims already...  Lips sealed

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 24, 18:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ugh!!!! And why is it so darn cheap?  Servo was a top of the range robot in Sims1, so I'd expect it to be something really expensive for those fortune sims to drool over!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 24, 18:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ugh!!!! And why is it so darn cheap?  Servo was a top of the range robot in Sims1, so I'd expect it to be something really expensive for those fortune sims to drool over!

Servo IS the top of the line. The sentry bot is not the same as Servo. There are something like 5 different kinds of robots, and Servo is the only one which is a robot Sim; the others all have specific functions and don't do anything else.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 24, 19:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Servo IS the top of the line. The sentry bot is not the same as Servo. There are something like 5 different kinds of robots, and Servo is the only one which is a robot Sim; the others all have specific functions and don't do anything else.

From what I remember reading -
Servo top of the line does everything including woohoo and can make new servos at the workbench
"water" bot that will water plants and put out fires - might act as a kiddie sprinker
"cleaning" bot - cleans up trash
"sentry" bot - in this post
There is one that will go and get food like pizza, chinese, etc and bring back to the lot. Can't remember if that a special one or one of the functions of one of the bots listed above.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 24, 19:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the reviews are correct, it will be able to woohoo with regular sims already...  Lips sealed

Hmm...this makes me think...I think I saw a "Gigolo Joe" skin over at MTS2 the other day. You might be able to recoup your investment.

If this is true, Jack Thomson types will piss themselves.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 24, 19:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The munchiebot is a separate type. Also, I believe the kiddie sprinkler is a separate object.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 24, 19:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've pre-ordered from the official EA Store site, just cuz I get them newsletter $15 discounts, but I still have to pay for S&H. Total, it ends up about 25$ or something. Which ends up at least being 10$ cheaper since retail is about 35$.

And it usually ships fairly early. In the past, I've gotten Uni and NL essentially the same week that it's released. Smiley

As for the guides, they don't really seem worth it. Prima I believe has digital versions that you can order online for only $9.99. But regardless, the info doesn't seem all that useful or interesting to me. I don't really care about the specific values/stats for objects and interactions. Especially with SimPE, if I was really interested, I could just root through the "code" but meh. Tongue

What I was hoping to find in them was unexpected or "secret" interactions that are like personality dependent, which I don't always see, because the majority of my CAS made sims have very average personalities and don't fall into the extremes of 10 or 0 points in a certain trait. From what I've seen, the majority of Maxis made personality tweaks depend on these extremes. So I pretty much never see these interactions available, or even witness them period. Tongue Unfortunately, the books don't contain this info, so that pretty much makes them worthless to me. I always get more info from reading other people's posts or just asking other players about their own experiences.

The one thing that I do look forward to about the guides, is that now, I usually go to Barnes and Nobles with my sister to check them out. We'll spend a good part of the day "browsing" through the guide while sippin on Starbucks Roll Eyes Basically, we'll hang out and chat and gossip and brag and tell secrets about what we find in the guides. We'll squeal with glee and giggle like little girls over our anticipation of what's to come in the new EP. I think I have just as much fun just chatting about it with my sister than I do actually playing the game. Grin

Ste

PS. For anyone that remembers... about the pretty evil thing I did to my sister's game. She finally noticed about a few weeks ago while she was playing. In her Pleasantview, she had one of her sims go to college and use the Uni directory. Apparently, it lists sims in alphabetical order (by first name of course Roll Eyes ) and 'lo and behold, the first name that pops up is that of her ex. Hehehe. If anyone recalls, I made a sim that sort of looks like her ex, and then I hijacked one of the dormies in her game and used SimPE's Sims Surgery to replace his skin and renamed him. I initially intended for her to discover him when she sent her selfsim to college (they ended up going to the same college in real life, but they broke up about the time of her 2nd year which was unfortunately also around the time that he was entering his first year Tongue). But, she ended up starting a separate 'hood for our self family (this original 'hood just had CAS made adult versions of her and her current bf, and adult versions of me and my hubby - i.e. we didn't start off related in this game, I had to use SimPE to edit our relationship).

Anyhew... so she finally noticed, and when she brought it up to me, she was just totally shocked and dumbfounded. The painful yet funny thing is, she totally believes it was an in game thing! I sort of semi-lied to her, and told her that the name could have come up randomly either by Maxis, or the fact that I was using jordi's better names hack. Tongue Aren't I evil?!?!?! The thing is, she is just totally shocked, and she almost thinks that it might be like a "sign" or something. She and her ex try to remain friends, but it's obviously really hard because of what they went through. I'm not like doing this to be cruel or anything, I just thought it would be funny. Tongue And the thing is, I actually liked her ex. He was nice and friendly and all around, a pretty cool, stand-up kind of guy. I thought they were good together, and he took care of her. But then again... she kind of has this knack of finding guys that sort of do that for her. Roll Eyes Anyways, the thing is, it's all kind of funny that she seems to honestly believe that it was just random chance. That the sim just happened to look like her ex, and just happened to have the exact name as him. Still... I don't think I could tell her that I did it. She would probably hate me for it. Well... at least for a little while. Lol. God... I'm going to hell aren't I? Meh... not like that's news.  Wink

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 24, 19:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. God... I'm going to hell aren't I? Meh... not like that's news.  Wink

*snort* Probably. You are probably going to gypsy matchmaker hell. That's a funny story--I hope it comes out okay.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: