More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 20:04:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why did he cheat?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why did he cheat?  (Read 13396 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Why did he cheat?
« on: 2006 February 22, 23:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First I have JM's romance mod.

I have a male knowledge sim who is engaged to a female knowledge sim and they have 3 bolts for each other and a 100/100 relationship score. During his graduation party, in which is fiancé was present, he queued up to make out with a dormie.
I let him to see what would happen. At first the fiancé didn't get upset, I guess because she was queued up to dance with him. After he made out with the dormie he queued to squeeze her. This made the fiancé upset and she slapped him. Of course their relationship score dropped and they became furious with each other but they remained engaged. The option to break up was there but I didn't select it.

My question is why did he do this? I thought they were supposed to be faithful when in a committed relationship?
Granted, he did go on a date with the dormie once before becoming engaged and they have 2 bolts for each other but at the time this happened their relationship score wasn't that high.

Can someone explain this?
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Why did he cheat?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 22, 23:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if that committed relationship counts with Romance Sims? I had one who was all over another lover and was steady with someone else, but then again she was in love with the other lover too so the hearts probably overrode any kind of flirt rejection.

It certainly works WELL when non-Romance Sims are involved, anyway - I was trying to get a Sim to ask out another whom he had three bolts with, and he was up to 45 STR with her, but she kept refusing because she was still going steady with a teenage love. I selected her and had her ask and HE refused - once I had her break up with her old steady, they dated immediately and all was happy (for them).
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 22, 23:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah but the sims involved are Knowledge sims. The girl he cheated with is a Family sim.
Also what gets me is, his turn-ons are black hair and fit, which his finace is both. The family sim he cheated with has blonde hair and is not fit.  Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 23, 00:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling that while they are still at college they don't see being engaged as a committed relationship.

I have two romance sims who never got engaged at uni, when they moved back to the neighbourhood I moved them into separate houses so they could do their own thing, but they were forever visiting each other, so in the end I moved them in together.  They then had twins and were both excellent parents - they got all the potty training etc. wants between them - and even though they do flirt with old flames in front of each other (which is not a problem thanks to the romancemod) and occasionally have a public woohoo with one of them in their photobooth, their thoughts seem mostly to centre around each other!  Oh, and they still aren't engaged!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 23, 00:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion is, that the simulator "hints" you to graduate that dormie, and to marry the new couple, and not the old one. I experienced it a couple of times, when one of the engaged couple showed a wish to flirt with a townie or a dormie, inspite of the 3 bolts he had with his fiancee.

I think the game globally encourages you to match between your sims and the townies, making these matches very successful.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 23, 00:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my present game hasn't got a lot of dormies and no townies at all, but most of my sims seem to be pretty happy with whoever I've paired them up with!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 23, 06:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a knowledge sim that was dating another sim and I believe they had crushes on each other.  I decided she wasn't for him because I had someone better in mind so edited their relationship with SimPE and changed his turn-ons (which put these two down to a 1- or 2-bolt relationship).  Then while on a date with his 'perfect match' sim, he rolled up the want to fall in love with the previous gal!  Go figure!

Family sims do love knowledge sims and vice versa.  If they have 2 bolts without having turn-ons set accordingly it's basically a match made in heaven.  My most devoted couples are knowledge/family pairs.

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 23, 07:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a few strange things with "Make Out".  I've had many couples that only had crushes on each other, but their LTR was well above 70.  And when I had them make out they didn't fall in love.  I'm pretty sure I even had a couple who were just best friend make out and they didn't even get crushes.  Its enough to make me think that "Make Out" somehow isn't a romantic interaction.  But then I see one sim spazzing out because they've just caught their wife/husband making out with someone else on a community lot.  So it obviously IS a romantice interaction...

This game just confuses me sometimes.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 23, 08:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If my sims are at crush level and make out they go right into love every time.  Hmmmm.

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 23, 08:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims never fall in love when told to make out...hmmm.  Undecided

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 23, 08:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they just don't like being told!

I find it interesting that, from what I remember, public woohoo with a best friend in the changing booth results in two hearts, but public woohoo in a photo-booth can leave both sims untouched!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 23, 10:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand the way all this works.  I just moved two couples back to the neighbourhood after graduating, both of them having 3-bolts for each other.  One of the couples includes my Sim self, who went to Uni with her teenage sweetheart (a playable Sim).  They had eyes only for each other the entire time they were at Uni and got engaged while they were there, yet as soon as they move into their new house in the neighbourhood, MY fiance (the cheating rat) decides he wants to flirt with a dormie he doesn't even have any bolts for.  He sprang this want up as soon as he arrived in his new place.  He is best friends with her, but up until then he'd had no interest in her whatsoever.  He's Family, which may go some way to explaining it, because they're more capable of cheating than Romance Sims sometimes.  I have one family where the husband is family and the wife is Romance and in the loading screen, it's the husband who's stood behind the wife making the cheating sign, not the wife.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 23, 11:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My question is why did he do this? I thought they were supposed to be faithful when in a committed relationship?
Granted, he did go on a date with the dormie once before becoming engaged and they have 2 bolts for each other but at the time this happened their relationship score wasn't that high.
Well, this is certainly true if he's the TARGET. As for why he queued it on his OWN...I'm confused by this as well. Some old code I had overriding it stomped the advertisements of romantic behaviors, but Make Out is a very weird interaction as of NL: It doesn't cause sims to fall in love when they do it. Did your sim already have preexisting love/crush hearts with aforementioned dormie?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 23, 13:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one family where the husband is family and the wife is Romance and in the loading screen, it's the husband who's stood behind the wife making the cheating sign, not the wife.

Huh? What's the 'cheating sign'? I've probably seen it, but haven't recognized it...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 23, 13:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one family where the husband is family and the wife is Romance and in the loading screen, it's the husband who's stood behind the wife making the cheating sign, not the wife.

Huh? What's the 'cheating sign'? I've probably seen it, but haven't recognized it...

Also known as "bunny ear" sign. The index and middle finger form a V and the hand is positioned on top of someone's head. In some countries it's a sign of playfulness, in other a sign of infidelity. There was a discussion about this in some thread in here quite some time ago. BTW, is the romance mod done for NL?! If so, where?!? I finally got NL a couple of days ago, and this mod is one of the "I'm not installing the EP if I don't have this mod!" items!

Let the Beast inside you free!
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 23, 13:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Beast, romance mod is included in the directors cut.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 23, 13:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, the 'bunny ear' thing -- yup, yup, yup.  Seen it a couple of times, just never made the connection between it and the fact that the person making it was either cheating or thinking of cheating.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for it from now on -- it'll be a useful reminder. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 23, 13:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr. Beast, romance mod is included in the directors cut.

Well I'll be damned...it is indeed! YES!!! Finally I'm go for the install! Thanx for the quick reply cheriem! Love your dog btw. Samoyed, eh?

Ah, the 'bunny ear' thing -- yup, yup, yup.  Seen it a couple of times, just never made the connection between it and the fact that the person making it was either cheating or thinking of cheating.  I'll have to keep my eyes open for it from now on -- it'll be a useful reminder. Smiley

IIRC I don't think it stands for cheating in the loading screen, but playfulness. Then again, my memory span is getting shorter and shorter day by day...

Edit: oops, wrong avatar, hehe! Yours look like a spaniel cheriem, it was jsalemi's that looks like a samoyed!  Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 23, 14:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a romance sim who's been cheating since day one of his relationship (went  perma-platinum at Uni).  Partner Aron who's Knowledge has cheated once, but he's the one who makes the bunny-ears sign!  (And this was before he ever cheated!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 23, 14:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The association between the "bunny ears" and cheating are completely false, because I've had sims firmly in monogamous relationships, neither party a romance sim or cheating on anyone, still do it. I do believe it's associated with playfulness as well,, but there's definitely no connection to cheating.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 23, 14:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a romance sim who's been cheating since day one of his relationship (went  perma-platinum at Uni).  Partner Aron who's Knowledge has cheated once, but he's the one who makes the bunny-ears sign!  (And this was before he ever cheated!)

How Playful is Aron? Maybe I remember correctly after all. Oh, and the thread I mentioned is here in MATY, right?

Edit: now that I've stumbled on JM, is the romance mod updated for NL then? Or does it need some tweaking but still works with NL?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 23, 14:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: oops, wrong avatar, hehe! Yours look like a spaniel cheriem, it was jsalemi's that looks like a samoyed!  Roll Eyes

American Eskimo, actually, with some Pomeranian mixed in. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 23, 14:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: now that I've stumbled on JM, is the romance mod updated for NL then? Or does it need some tweaking but still works with NL?
It works. It's not as ironclad as it used to be, but it works adequately enough to deflect NPC attacks.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 23, 14:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How Playful is Aron? Maybe I remember correctly after all. Oh, and the thread I mentioned is here in MATY, right?

Aron is a serious, not very nice Knowledge Sim, but he is very outgoing and active.  However, with the romancemod installed, he still gets jealous, so he doesn't reach the 15+ Playful/Outgoing/Nice score by a long way!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 23, 14:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

American Eskimo, actually, with some Pomeranian mixed in. 

Hm...should've noticed the pomeranian strains in the ears. American Eskimo...man, never even heard of that race, heh!

It works. It's not as ironclad as it used to be, but it works adequately enough to deflect NPC attacks.

Better than nothing. Thanx! Off to install the damn EP at last!

Aron is a serious, not very nice Knowledge Sim, but he is very outgoing and active.  However, with the romancemod installed, he still gets jealous, so he doesn't reach the 15+ Playful/Outgoing/Nice score by a long way!

Heh...second time I got the stoplight for another message posted before mine, and it's yet another one I have to reply to! Hmmm...dunno then. It surely isn't a token of cheating though. I've had monogamous couples totally committed to each other pose like that too in my games. Oh, and JM mentioned the same thing too!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: