More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 02, 23:48:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cat scratch thought ballons?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cat scratch thought ballons?  (Read 4859 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Cat scratch thought ballons?
« on: 2006 February 19, 07:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have the patch, and all expansions, of course. But see, here's the thing... I've heard of this problem before, but not sure of the fix.

I had one sim, who was furious with another. So, she rolled up the want to 'Talk to Robi'. I indulged, her, by selecting bad mouth. When I did this, at one point, it came up looking like a cat had torn the bubble to pieces.

I'm worried, because I've heard this is bad... that's all. x.x;

Suggestions, or fixes?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Cat scratch thought ballons?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 19, 07:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bad mouth interaction always does that. It's pretty harmless.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 19, 07:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use it that often, nor do I pay attention to thought ballons, but I was a tad concerned, when I saw it.

Thanks for clearing that up. ^^;

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 19, 20:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may, however, find you have a spam of furious reverses.

Zephyr Zodiac
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 19, 21:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are furious reverses?  Is that when the sim you are furious at, becomes furious at you?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 19, 23:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something like that, I guess, but sometimes you get half-a-dozen all together for no apparent reason, except for that jagged line memory - and your sim isn't actually furious with anyone!

Zephyr Zodiac
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 22, 13:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the jagged line balloons when a sim looks out of the window, it's a fresh install for the patch and my founding sim did it right off the bat.  I don't remember it happening pre-patch when they looked out of windows, am I the only one getting this with that action?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 22, 14:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's something else that happens with the patch?

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 22, 21:28:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been getting the jagged line balloons when a sim looks out of the window, it's a fresh install for the patch and my founding sim did it right off the bat.  I don't remember it happening pre-patch when they looked out of windows, am I the only one getting this with that action?

I'm getting that too, on a couple downtown lots that I've noticed. So far I haven't noticed it in the regular 'hood. I always chalked it up to 'nothing to look at', or that they were trying to look at the lot decorations that were visible, like that huge ol' billboard that's next to the house where I keep seeing this. Do you have lot decorations visible, by chance? When his kid was 'off lot' at school and he looked out the window, my Sim saw him in the thought bubble instead of the usual jagged lines.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 22, 21:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get "jagged line" conversation balloons whenever I use the new "Bad Mouth" option in the Talk menu.

I have a couple of sims that were involved in a cheating relationship, and so now they can bad mouth each other because they are mad.  They always start the action with a ballon showing the subject they are bad mouthing, but it is immediately followed by a jagged line balloon.  I've examined these sims' memories and can't find anything obvious that would set this off.

Kind of annoying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 22, 22:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And there definitely aren't any furious reverses?

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 22, 23:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's something else that happens with the patch?

To clarify for my case - I haven't done the newest patch yet, just the first NL patch.

I get "jagged line" conversation balloons whenever I use the new "Bad Mouth" option in the Talk menu.

I have a couple of sims that were involved in a cheating relationship, and so now they can bad mouth each other because they are mad.  They always start the action with a ballon showing the subject they are bad mouthing, but it is immediately followed by a jagged line balloon.  I've examined these sims' memories and can't find anything obvious that would set this off.

Kind of annoying.

I haven't actually used Bad Mouth yet - you think it tries to use the memory of the event that caused the furiousness? If it was something like puddles or catching a Sim Woohooing - which doesn't count as cheating, though a flirt in front of them does, bah - there wouldn't be a memory to reference?

This is probably totally wrong, considering I haven't done any coding Tongue but it's a guess, anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: