More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:08:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lame Party Scoring
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lame Party Scoring  (Read 24750 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Lame Party Scoring
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 21, 15:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just have to watch those neat sims, or they'll dispose of the bottle before the toasts are all done -plus you can't sell it back then!

Zephyr Zodiac
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 21, 18:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be careful who you invite, I suggest three neutral guests.
Do the cake/wedding thing early.
Use the aspiration eyeglasses to boost a few relationships.
Have food, but don't worry too much about it.  A gelatin dessert will do fine.
Send any bad apples home, you can invite another over to compensate.
Keep the traffic in the bathrooms flowing, I suggest using arches instead of doors.
Keep it social with a hot tub.

Avoid:  fights, ghost scares, bladder failures, rejected interactions, host going to bed during party
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 21, 19:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most successful weddings have always been when the guests were either close friends or family members.  (And well known to everyone in the house, except maybe kids!)

Zephyr Zodiac
podgeybean
Asinine Airhead

Excuse me, have you seen my sanity?

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 21, 20:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most successful weddings have always been when the guests were either close friends or family members.  (And well known to everyone in the house, except maybe kids!)

Yea, same here. I only usually invite family and best friends to parties. This works well, as everyone gets on well, and there are usually no fights or bad things happening to decrease the party score.

Birdie Birdie, in the sky.
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Tastes like sugar looks like sap,
OMG its Birdie Crap!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 21, 20:56:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find I usually have to make sure my Sim's hygiene is maxed because if it's down to the halfway mark, they make a beeline for the showers/tubs in the midst of a party. Ignoring guests for a soak in the bubble bath is apparently not considered bad etiquette. 

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 21, 21:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed recently that more guests are doing it - especially at Uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 21, 21:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why the hot tub is a hit.  Nobody likes stinky guests anyway.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 21, 21:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but this is in spite of the hot tub!  I must admit, it's after I've had my sims smustle to get the party going!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 22, 01:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually make sure my sims' hygiene is full before a graduation or wedding party because I hate it when they go take a shower and change back into their every day clothes and I want them still in their graduation/wedding gown.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 22, 17:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least if they are in their ordinary clothes when they graduate, they don't wear that awful suit!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 23, 05:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What awful suit?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 23, 05:40:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I've had loads graduate and wear a really horrible suit, although since NL they seem to get more NL stuff!

But there again - Georgia has just moved into a ramshackle cabin on the outskirts of town, and she was wearing the NL gown with the sleeves and the big skirt!  Looked so out of place!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 23, 06:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter if they are wearing the graduation gown or their regular clothes when they graduate, because they still get random adult clothes.  I have seen all kinds of stuff, from not bad to absolutely horrendous.  Luckily I have JM's clothing mod global that kicks in so I can get them some decent clothes before they head home.  I have Motoki's elder clothing mod with the NPC clothes, and one girl got the maid's uniform, and another time a guy got the Santa Claus suit!  I may take the NPC mod out since it's really for people who do recolors of them. 
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 23, 07:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few interesting parties lately.  I had a vampire throw a wedding party, and his enemy Joe Carr shows up uninvited.  I've seen this a few other times as well.  Only seems to happen when sims are furious with each other. 

Anyway, I made the vampire "Bleh!!!" and Joe and he wet his pants.  Then for a while everyone kept gossiping about Joe having an accident at a party.  Fun times.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 23, 11:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a wedding party does not have a wedding fairly early, approximately slightly before the final hour, the scoremeter will dive to "disaster" for having a wedding party with no wedding.

This is purely cosmetic, however: If you complete the required wedding scenario in time (give time for the gathering and cutscene, don't cut it too close!"), and note that at least one arch-wedding may be a requirement, the party will reclaim its score.

The same applies to Birthday Parties (requires at least one cake, although everyone will get credit as long as at least one cake was used by somebody).

Back to the drawing board again for me obviously.... 
I've never managed to recover a party that nosedived for this reason!  I thought it was actually designed to be impossible and I've given up even trying. 
I've also had a birthday party for twins that bombed - I thought one cake wasn't enough.  I don't try that any more
I've also had people leave and fall asleep at a party that was still a roof raiser or good time. 
Of course I'm playing base game only so maybe the rules are different.  There are certainly fewer interactions to try.  I'll have to relearn it all with OFB I guess.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 23, 11:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Leaving, people falling asleep, people pissing themselves, none of these affect the party score.

Only the following things will kill your party score:
1. Failing to have the required event within the early portion of the party: Instant disaster (may invisibly recover if required event still manages to occur within time, but the ticker won't update fast enough to show).
2. Everyone leaves. Party immediately tanks. One person leaving won't do this, but if everyone leaves, you lose
3. Massive --relations (-rel is a penalty to the party score).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 23, 14:07:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if you WANT your party to bomb out, try capturing a passing townie and sticking him in the roof-space or the basement!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 23, 14:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"2. Everyone leaves. Party immediately tanks. One person leaving won't do this, but if everyone leaves, you lose"  [JMP]

I had once this experience, at the Grunt house.

As Tank and Buzz are popularity sims, they always wanted a party, when they didn't know what to wish. I decided to throw a party by Tank, without any cause - just a party.

I had all the equipment written in the manual, but it didn't help, and suddenly all the guests left. I got a "disaster" rate, and had to exit without saving. From then on, I threw parties only if I had a good cause, such as wedding, or age transition.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 23, 14:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"2. Everyone leaves. Party immediately tanks. One person leaving won't do this, but if everyone leaves, you lose"  [JMP]

I had once this experience, at the Grunt house.

As Tank and Buzz are popularity sims, they always wanted a party, when they didn't know what to wish. I decided to throw a party by Tank, without any cause - just a party.

I had all the equipment written in the manual, but it didn't help, and suddenly all the guests left. I got a "disaster" rate, and had to exit without saving. From then on, I threw parties only if I had a good cause, such as wedding, or age transition.

Ah, I see...Tank's party tanked eh?

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 23, 14:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tank has a problem with friends!  Ripp is more popular, maybe you should have let him throw the party!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 23, 14:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, when I decided to throw a party by Tank, he had already 15 Family Friends (it was in the Basic TS2, without the EPs). I befriended even Tank and Johnny, who were enemies. Besides, Tank wanted to throw the party, to get aspiration points - Ripp wanted only to flirt and make out (romance sim) - wasn't interested in parties.

DrBeast, I like your observation, lol - "Tank's party tanked"...Smiley. For my great frustration it did...Smiley.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 23, 14:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe if Dad was around, that would account for the problem!  He's definitely a party pooper!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 23, 14:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wanting to say this ever since I saw your avatar gali:
Here in Greece, when someone/something is VERY cute, we say "you could drink him/her from the glass" (yah, I know it sounds pretty weird translated, but so do most regional sayings when translated to another language, right?). Ever heard it and taken it literally?  Grin

Let the Beast inside you free!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 23, 14:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wanting to say this ever since I saw your avatar gali:
Here in Greece, when someone/something is VERY cute, we say "you could drink him/her from the glass" (yah, I know it sounds pretty weird translated, but so do most regional sayings when translated to another language, right?). Ever heard it and taken it literally?  Grin

For your surprise, I have heared it - we were neighbours once, I am a Bulgarian, and the Bulgarians have the same slogan, word by word...Smiley.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 23, 16:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another way to guarantee a truly bad party score is to have a family member die during the party. 

A couple of days ago, I had a Sim transitioning to elder.  I knew her husband was nearing the end, but had lost track of exactly what day he would die.  I threw a party, invited her whole extended family.  Just as she was blowing out her candles and becoming an elder, the Grim Reaper and his hula girls showed up. 

I guess that raises a question, you can't plead to save someone dieing of old age, can you?  Anyway, the party nosedived from Roof Raiser to Real Dud, and stayed there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: