More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 13:33:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Easy Way to Change Comfort Value of Objects
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easy Way to Change Comfort Value of Objects  (Read 28312 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Easy Way to Change Comfort Value of Objects
« on: 2005 August 04, 04:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I easily change the comfort value of a bed say?

I have downloaded some nice beds but their comfort ratings are crap so I don't like to use them as a result. Shits me.

Thanking you all in advance. You're a smart bunch so you'll all know how.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Easy Way to Change Comfort Value of Objects
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 04:51:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the Transmogrifier...Smiley.

Oh, I wish some modder to make TS2 T-Mog, thus we can satisfy our lack of creativity in that easy way we did it with the TS1 T-Mog.

JM and Boris? Can it be done?
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 04:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh yes. I remember that little item for the Sims 1. I also had Sim Enhancer too which did a nice job tidying up and changing attributes, including the price, of objects. Does the Sim Enhancer for Sims 2 do the same things?

And who the hell is Boris?

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 05:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dr Boris is the "silent partner"  of JM, who is the "Babblative BBSER"...Smiley
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 05:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen him (or her) (Dr Boris) referred too in the 'read me' attached to JMP's files, I just kept forgetting to ask who he (or she) is. I have learnt not to assume gender due to usernames or avatars.

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 08:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I know how to do this is through Sim Pe.  If you're familiar with it and can easily locate the bed in your downloads folder (I usually can because most of the beds are Sunair's who always clones the cheap beds and then leaves the stats as such) then just open up the file and go to Object Data, sub-tab Plugin View and then the Plugin view sub-tab called Raw Data.  Change the settings from Hexadecimal to Decimal and then scroll down the list and you'll see all the attributes for the object like price, price depreciation, sale price, whether you can take it with you when you move, community lot object, and motives.  Simply change the comfort value (and whatever else you might want to change) and press commit. 

I wish there was an easier way to do this though as doing anything in Sim Pe is starting to become a hassle as objects and sim files accumulate.

Note: beds tend to have more than one file in the object data section, so make sure that you are changing the attributes for the main file which you can note by the fact that it doesn't have any suffix to the file name.  The man file will be called something like "Bed" instead of "Bed-A or Bed-E".
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 08:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the "placebo" method for changing comfort, nikita?

nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 08:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Placebo??  What do you mean?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 08:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The function that actually affects the motive deltas doesn't care what's stored in the Object Data record. The data it uses is in BCONs. If you know which BCONs to change, you can make the bed provide exactly the energy and comfort rate you want, no matter what the OBJD says.

DaveFlew
Asinine Airhead

I'm going to have pi best friends?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 04, 08:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: dizzy-two
Isn't that the "placebo" method for changing comfort, nikita?
Quote from: nikita
Placebo?? What do you mean?

The Placebo method for changing comfort is for your "Nancy Boy" Sim to "Come Home" and have a bowl of "Special K" while spending a "Pure Morning" in a "Brick Shithouse".  Grin

Benes to those who get it!

What's the boolprop for siamese twins?

invisiblehousesr2cute
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 04, 08:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The function that actually affects the motive deltas doesn't care what's stored in the Object Data record. The data it uses is in BCONs. If you know which BCONs to change, you can make the bed provide exactly the energy and comfort rate you want, no matter what the OBJD says.

Ah, thanks.  I'll go back into my package files and fix it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 04, 09:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TMog from TS1 had the same placebo effect. It would let you change the ratings of objects, but just like here, it had no effect whatsoever and was completely pointless. TMog effectively only produced recolors of objects just as we can now. In order to create something new and entirely different, it'd be back to code hacking.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 04, 12:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The T-Mog wasn't only for recolors - I made a lot of lamps using only the frame of the lamps (I have them in my site "LightSims") - like this...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 04, 12:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, if changing the object data makes no difference, how do we change these BCON's or whatever they are?  I am really fed-up of the beds, especially as I have some really nice custom ones, but I can't use them for the exact same reason. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 04, 14:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Placebo method for changing comfort is for your "Nancy Boy" Sim to "Come Home" and have a bowl of "Special K" while spending a "Pure Morning" in a "Brick Shithouse".  Grin

Benes to those who get it!

Ahhh "Without benes I'm nothing", therefore I always answer those who "Ask for answers". It'll be another "20 years" before I realise I was just a "Slave to the benes" and all this was just a product of "Teenage Angst". Therefore so I may "Hold on to my IQ" do not give me any benes, but "I know" that you know I got it Wink

A proud thread pirate.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 04, 23:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the short of it is, that no one knows how???

Guess I'll just have to keep sending sims to bed REAL early in their funky custom beds so they'll be able to get enough energy before 6am.

I am fast losing interest in this irritating game.

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 04, 23:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(I usually can because most of the beds are Sunair's who always clones the cheap beds and then leaves the stats as such)

Yeah I just gave up and deleted all of his crappy beds yesturday.  http://www.aroundthesims2.com/  has some decent custom beds that don't require your sim to need 12 hours of sleep from them.

Guess I'll just have to keep sending sims to bed REAL early in their funky custom beds so they'll be able to get enough energy before 6am.

You can use JM's clock to set a wake time on custom beds.

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 05, 00:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh??

Perhaps you could simply lose the funky beds instead.  Or use them only for elders who are retired, so they won't wake up at 3 AM.

Losing interest in the game because of unawesome custom content seems a little unfair to the game somehow.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 05, 00:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh??

Perhaps you could simply lose the funky beds instead.  Or use them only for elders who are retired, so they won't wake up at 3 AM.

Losing interest in the game because of unawesome custom content seems a little unfair to the game somehow.

Hook

But I get sick of having the same ole bed in every sims house.

Its not just the unawesome custom content Hook, its just the game in general. I feel wrong having my sims have 10 kids as I am forever thinking about the limited population thing. I am tired of remembering not to save the game when a sim is on the phone, at work, or similar. I used to download houses all the time, now I'm just plain cautious of unwanted hacks and heaven forbid, downloading a car by mistake.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

The sheer enjoyment I used to have playing the game is gone. Plus I'll admit I'm getting a little bored. Growing a sim up, finding a partner, having babies is a little tedious. I'm an engineer, I have no imagination!! Maybe if I was an Architect it would be different...

Thanks for listening to my whinge.

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 05, 01:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel wrong having my sims have 10 kids as I am forever thinking about the limited population thing. I am tired of remembering not to save the game when a sim is on the phone, at work, or similar. I used to download houses all the time, now I'm just plain cautious of unwanted hacks and heaven forbid, downloading a car by mistake.

So don't worry about that stuff.  Hell, let them have 20 kids, live a little.  Look at my avatar, you think Bert Ward has worries that his gut sticks out of his Robin costume and that he hasn't done a dammed thing else in 20+ years?  He does't give a dayyym, because he is EXTREME!  EXTREME SIMMING is the answer!  Excuse me now, I have tro jump off of a cliff while drinking Montain Dew and saving the sims while Romeo is on the cell phone.  YEEARHHH!  Like Howard Dean on a crack binge, I'm going for it!!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 05, 01:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel wrong having my sims have 10 kids as I am forever thinking about the limited population thing. I am tired of remembering not to save the game when a sim is on the phone, at work, or similar. I used to download houses all the time, now I'm just plain cautious of unwanted hacks and heaven forbid, downloading a car by mistake.

So don't worry about that stuff.  Hell, let them have 20 kids, live a little.  Look at my avatar, you think Bert Ward has worries that his gut sticks out of his Robin costume and that he hasn't done a dammed thing else in 20+ years?  He does't give a dayyym, because he is EXTREME!  EXTREME SIMMING is the answer!  Excuse me now, I have tro jump off of a cliff while drinking Montain Dew and saving the sims while Romeo is on the cell phone.  YEEARHHH!  Like Howard Dean on a crack binge, I'm going for it!!

LMAO!!!

I have been thinking that its YOU in your avatar!!! But the opportunity has not been there to ask! What happened to the girl with the pigtales and ice cream avatar??

I'm just being negative today anyways. Been a crap week and it will continue until next Tuesday when the funeral is over (the cause of my crap week). Changing my avatar to something more colourful might help too!

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 05, 01:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember the website but it's an Asian site where you can make an avatar like the fast food girl.  This might be it: http://illustmaker.abi-station.com/index_en.shtml

Ugh, that would be embarassing if that were me in that Robin costume.  I saw the pic on http://www.findadeath.com/ and had to use it. Bert Ward and Adam West (Robin and Batman) are EXTREME jerks!
« Last Edit: 2005 August 05, 01:18:48 by themaltesebippy » Logged
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 05, 01:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I get sick of having the same ole bed in every sims house.

Its not just the unawesome custom content Hook, its just the game in general. I feel wrong having my sims have 10 kids as I am forever thinking about the limited population thing. I am tired of remembering not to save the game when a sim is on the phone, at work, or similar. I used to download houses all the time, now I'm just plain cautious of unwanted hacks and heaven forbid, downloading a car by mistake.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

The sheer enjoyment I used to have playing the game is gone. Plus I'll admit I'm getting a little bored. Growing a sim up, finding a partner, having babies is a little tedious. I'm an engineer, I have no imagination!! Maybe if I was an Architect it would be different...

Oh, I don't blame you a bit.  I got bored with the game myself after playing only 2000 hours. Cheesy  I haven't played since early June, except to check out new hacks.

As for beds, combining the frame options and bedspread options, you should be able to find at least 250 acceptable beds, all with a different look.  And you can change that look at any time for a mere §15 redecoration fee.  But beds aren't really the problem.

I downloaded a few custom houses, some with families, before I learned what problems it could cause.  I won't be downloading anything else unless it's a very special circumstance.  More fun to find some interesting house plan and build the thing in the game.  As for remembering not to save while someone's on the phone, these are the kind of details that should appeal to an engineer! 

When the game stops being fun, don't play so often or so long.  If you don't want to quit playing altogether, don't take up another game or you might not go back.  As for me, I won't be buying Nightlife the first day it's on the shelves.  This is one advantage of not playing:  you don't have to worry so much about bugs, and maybe the modders will have time to upgrade all their goodies.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 05, 02:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In truth, the limited population issue is not as bad as it sounds. In practice, no NATURAL population increase is going to hit the ceiling. The only way you're going to run into problems is if garbage is generated en-masse, such as from the mass-NPC-flood bug, or the "endless replacement of townies generated when you massmurder them on sight". Having 10 children is not, in and of itself, going to kill your game. Even if you do end up with 1000 sims in 3 generations. No, the real problem is simply having 1000 sims that you have to play. That's what's going to render your game unplayable. There's also the extreme difficulty of marrying off the 100 sims of generation 2. Having 100 cousins will surely be a major pain in the ass.

You're an eingineer, and yet you want VARIETY in beds? Pssh. I dunno about you, but I personally prefer the uniform barracks approach.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 05, 02:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're an eingineer, and yet you want VARIETY in beds? Pssh. I dunno about you, but I personally prefer the uniform barracks approach.

But I'm still a girl at heart who likes the finer things in life...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: