More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 03:07:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Career Reward Fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Career Reward Fix?  (Read 9387 times)
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Career Reward Fix?
« on: 2005 August 04, 00:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been looking around the various Sims2 sites, and I keep hearing about a Career Reward fix/hack that fixes the problem of people starting in too high a level a career not getting their career reward. I've NEVER been able to get the career reward from any Townie who moves in with a high-level job, and I have that probelm with my Uni grads as well.

Does anyone know where I can find this? I looked through JM's hacks, but none looked like they were what I'm looking for.

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Career Reward Fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 00:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a standard feature of Uni, although I don't think townies don't get a career award if they start higher up, presumably because firstly, townies are "assigned" a career and level, rather than earning it, and secondly, they probably left it back in the big townie house in the sky.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 00:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about for Uni grads, then? Since they have so many skills upon graduating, they often miss the career rewards.

I thought someone posted about marrying a townie who came in with the execuputter, but I guess not. Smiley

Thanks Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 00:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two-Jeffs (Variousimmers)  made a collection of all the carreer rewards (including Uni ones). You have to put it in your Collections folder, and then you don't need any carreer reward anymore. I have and use the O-Nomitron, The Surgery machine, even if my sims get the rewards - because if I move them to a new house they may lose all their rewards.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 00:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have that, I just try to keep cheating like that to a minimum. I dunno, I guess I feel guilty. Ah well, guess I'll have to anyway.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 01:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have that, I just try to keep cheating like that to a minimum. I dunno, I guess I feel guilty. Ah well, guess I'll have to anyway.

You shouldn't feel guilty about that, Laylei. Maxis should feel guilty about the stupidity of having sims lose their rewards when moving to another house. I never understood that at all, it is, after all, something they earned through their jobs. It's just as stupid as sims losing all their clothing items upon moving, but they fixed that at least with their first sims2 patch.

And since townies are assigned jobs and job-levels, at least they could be assigned to levels where it would be possible for the townies to earn the rewards when made into a PC, and not lose the reward to the big townie house in the sky.

I (successfully) tell myself that the cheats I use are to improve on garbled maxis logic, and I'm not talking about the fixes JM has made to make the game even playable at all. I use Merola's painting to keep aging in more or less sync, the teleporter shrub to meet townies, since maxis logic has either no townies or always the same townies showing up for meeting, greeting, friendship, or enemy-ship, etc, etc.

I don't use them for outright cheats such as skilling, interest, or need-fulfillment, and I never used either money cheat. But if people do, then that's fine too, it's their game, and what's enjoyable for them is what matters after all. I just like to build my pixel people up from scratch, and if they want walls, they can just work for them dammit, I had to too Cheesy.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 01:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't feel guilty about that, Laylei. Maxis should feel guilty about the stupidity of having sims lose their rewards when moving to another house. I never understood that at all, it is, after all, something they earned through their jobs. It's just as stupid as sims losing all their clothing items upon moving, but they fixed that at least with their first sims2 patch.
Are you certain? Your sims actually keep all their clothes when moving out? Because mine sure as hell don't.

I (successfully) tell myself that the cheats I use are to improve on garbled maxis logic, and I'm not talking about the fixes JM has made to make the game even playable at all. I use Merola's painting to keep aging in more or less sync, the teleporter shrub to meet townies, since maxis logic has either no townies or always the same townies showing up for meeting, greeting, friendship, or enemy-ship, etc, etc.
Maxian logic makes no sense because Maxians lack logic points. Consider that it is well known EA forces its workers to work constantly, probably because their workers do such shoddy work. Also note that computers do not have any means of gaining logic points, although it certainly takes logic points to do things effectively with it. Note also that in all premade families created by Maxis, none of their sims, not even their children, have any logic points. It stands to reason that Maxians, being the model on which Maxian families are modelled, similarly have few or no logic points, as they certainly don't have time for anything like telescoping or chess.

So is it really surprising Maxian logic makes no sense? Your logic wouldn't make any sense either if you had 0 logic points.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 02:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, my sims do keep their clothes. They didn't before I installed the (official) patch for the original TS2, but they do now, even though I have university installed. Am I perchance the beneficiary of a glitch for a change? Usually I get bugs that make me yell at my computer.

Well, at least I know where to go to get them fixed, don't I? I must have just about each and every fix you made come to think of it, does that make me logical? If so, then I am leaps and bounds ahead of maxis/ea. What am I saying, my cat is leaps and bounds ahead of maxis/ea in the logic department, you are certainly right with your assessment.

I've never noticed that townies don't have any logic points at all, usually I snag passerby townies to play chess with my sims so they can gain logic points and socialize at the same time. That in turn earns the townies logic points. But that explains things rather nicely doesn't it? If maxis/ea doesn't equate logic with computers, they seem to think it unessecary to use logic on things like programming, game design, debugging, and all the other things that make a game workable.

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 02:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be a good item? A computer that causes death to users with insufficient logic. Be good for stress relief.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 04, 02:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what would be a good item? A computer that causes death to users with insufficient logic. Be good for stress relief.

Not to mention comic relief.

G.

fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 04, 02:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that'd be good. Maybe even one for the game, too..... Grin
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 04, 04:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't keep all their clothes when they move, either.  As for career rewards, apparently Nightlife is introducing an Inventory whereby Sims who move out can take their career rewards with them and also the family tombstones.  It also sort of skimmed over something along the lines of "Now your Sims can visit the local neighbourhood cemetery", so whether that means the gravestones can be plonked down in a community lot I don't know, but it certainly sounds that way.  Talking of what Nightlife is introducing, yesterday I saw mention of weather being included, but I've read nothing official about it.  The stuff about the Inventory came from Maxis, though.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 04, 04:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think mine take their clothes with them when they move out. I'm sure its a hack though which I got from MTS2 first off then it got addressed in the patch.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 04, 05:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine never take their clothes with them.  They show up at the new house with only what they have on their backs.  Is that because in order to store/change clothes you need a dresser of some description and in most new houses, they don't have that?

No that can't be right, because when Dina Caliente moves in with the Goth clan, there are numerous dressers and yet she doesn't bring a copy of Nina's get up with her.

Just thinking out loud, nothing to see here...

<insert witty comment here>
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 04, 05:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be that I have a hack then Vecki.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 04, 21:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for career rewards, apparently Nightlife is introducing an Inventory whereby Sims who move out can take their career rewards with them and also the family tombstones.  It also sort of skimmed over something along the lines of "Now your Sims can visit the local neighbourhood cemetery", so whether that means the gravestones can be plonked down in a community lot I don't know, but it certainly sounds that way.  Talking of what Nightlife is introducing, yesterday I saw mention of weather being included, but I've read nothing official about it.  The stuff about the Inventory came from Maxis, though.

I'm completely ignoring all information about Nightlife. I don't want to know what features it has; there's no point. I can figure them out in-game.

Wouldn't be surprised by Inventory. It was in the original game, and would be the easiest way to do some of the gifts and perfumes and things they mentioned. Can see weather, too, although that's a bit iffier. I noticed quite a few small features in Uni were in the base Sims2 code while mucking about in SimPE. (Didn't know they were in Uni in the time, just knew they were unimplemented features. Like "first Woohoo.") I wouldn't trust weather in the game. Sims doesn't have a physics engine, so it basically requires an entirely new code set, and everything else that requires totally unique code that wasn't in the first game has been craptastic in some way or another.

A neighborhood cemetary would rock. It would be truly awesome. I know there are some ways to move graves around, but the game doesn't like having ghosts or graves on community lots. It would fit with the whole "gothic" themed bit. And it would cut down on the sheer annoyance of having ghosts about, while still having them available for knowledge sims.

Okay, so maybe I'm not completey ignoring all information about Nightlife. Just the official site/news information. Anything not from this site.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 05, 00:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've checked my downloads folders and there is no hack there for clothing. The only one that has to do with clothes at all is JM's clothing tool; no hacked dressers, just some custom dressers (the trianon things), and no buy at home other than JM's.

Individual move-outs don't keep their clothes in my game either, but if I move a whole family (in the same neighbohood, just into a bigger lot) their clothes go with them. I just tried it again and I didn't dream it up, they definitely take their clothes with them.

G.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: