More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 27, 02:32:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Had an accident, now he's dead?
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Had an accident, now he's dead?  (Read 14678 times)
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Had an accident, now he's dead?
« on: 2006 January 01, 07:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good ole Jeff Miguel has bit the dust in Academie land.  I have no idea what happened.  Looking at his memories, it appears he had an accident, then the "I am dead" token.  I missed it totally.  Any clues what "accident" caused his death?  Shouldn't my simmies have reacted to Jeffy's demise in some way?  I didn't think standing in line to casual woohoo with Renee Andrews was that exciting!  (I should've taken pics  Grin)

Seriously, is there anyway to figure out exactly what happened to Jeff?  Curiousity is just killing me.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
Re: Had an accident, now he's dead?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 01, 07:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...maybe he was starving? My sims never react to deaths anymore since I got NL. What colour is his ghost?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 01, 07:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if the queue was outside he got hit by space debris?

You could try looking at the memories of the sims in the queue, it might be there's a clue there!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 01, 09:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim has an accident and dies, it usually means he got trapped someplace, peed himself, and starved to death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 01, 12:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^^When I die like that someday...I so want somebody to claim it was an "accident"

*cough*  Carry on Smiley
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 01, 13:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If a sim has an accident and dies, it usually means he got trapped someplace, peed himself, and starved to death.
I had a nanny with the same issue and she wasnt trapped anywhere when the accident occurred and the Nanny agency had her replacement there as grimmy was standing over her wit the the grims cell phone.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 01, 13:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a nanny with the same issue and she wasnt trapped anywhere when the accident occurred and the Nanny agency had her replacement there as grimmy was standing over her wit the the grims cell phone.

I bet the "accident" caused a high blood preasure, and a heart attack afterwards...Smiley. Especially if the nanny is a neat sim...Smiley.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 01, 13:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bet the "accident" caused a high blood preasure, and a heart attack afterwards...Smiley. Especially if the nanny is a neat sim...Smiley.

Ahh! gali! The poor nanny...wait a sec. Nannies are bad...maybe she died of embarrassment.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 01, 15:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the nanny in question was Kendal Lawson and I dont know if she was a neatnik or not

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 01, 15:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he's a dormie and you have Pescado's totally merciless mod No Uni Invulnerability mod in, basically it means he peed himself and starved to death.  So far I've had about half-a-dozen dormies go that way and only managed to save two (and then by cheating and teleporting in a best friend/lover from elsewhere to do the pleading) because I never even knew the others had died until their tombstones appeared on the edge of the lots.  Grimmy always gets them the second they come back from class - they seem to go several times a day since putting in this mod (I swear they didn't before, although I maybe didn't register it as I wasn't taking much notice of them then) and the game always sends them when they're on the point of starving/wetting themselves/falling asleep, often when they've just started eating/peeing/sleeping. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 01, 16:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the nanny in question was Kendal Lawson and I dont know if she was a neatnik or not

He he, Bangel, I was joking...Smiley. I looked at Kendal Lawson personality, and she has only 4 points neat.

But, as lythdan said, she could die from embarrassement Grin Grin
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 01, 16:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the No Uni Involnerability Mod in, I checked the memories of everyone else in the dorm (nothing), the tombstone is, in fact, at the edge of the property, so I'm going with he got trapped, peed and died.  If it had been space debris, wouldn't the memory be different?

I have noticed the lovely Renee staying in one place for hours and hours.  She also has a permanent "cheer up" option.  Maybe she'll be next.  I'm going to keep my eyes open, although my boys are now in semester 8.

I will miss Jeff.  Many of my Simmies sent off to Uni had their first woohoo with him.  I'm gonna go check their memories now - maybe somebody is mourning him!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 01, 16:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speed, don't you have a previous saved neighbourhood to restore, and thus get Jeff back?

I think that that's enough to know him, without being friends, to resurrect him. Use the Buyable rewards of Two-Jeffs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 01, 19:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you need 10,000 simoleons or he won't be perfect!  He might be missing some important bits! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 01, 19:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But you need 10,000 simoleons or he won't be perfect!  He might be missing some important bits! Grin

No, you don't.  There's no difference between spending §8414 (I think it's approximately that) and §10,000.  So, if you spend the full §10,000, you're just wasting your Sims hard-earned money.   Tongue
questar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 01, 19:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I  know exactly what you mean! The game is big on killing people while you're not looking.  I have noticed that a Sim can get trapped between those new, stylish chairs.I went to use the resurrection tool that comes with the Inseminator and THEN discovered that somehow Crystal Vu from Strangetown had died.  I'd noticed that she was complaining about being trapped between two chairs, but it seemed so ridiculous, that I really didn't pay any attention.  It was during a wedding party, she got lost in the sauce, the next morning she was already dead from being trapped between those two chairs!  It's hard to know how to take these sort of EA induced disasters.  Did they do this by accident or is this part of some plan to spice up the game and/or weed out the Sims? 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 01, 19:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BlueSoup, you're probably right, but I never bothered to find out if you could do it for a bit less - the only sims I've resurrected were the Tricous, who could afford it, and Darleen Dreamer (and one of the Tricous sent Darren the money!)

Zephyr Zodiac
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 01, 19:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the only sims I've resurrected were the Tricous, who could afford it

oh and they are so worth it! Fricorith is one gorgeous goth sim! Sim me is married to him, he's now a vampire and we have loads of kids together.  Cheesy Sorry, I'm off topic but I like the Tricous so much that I couldn't help myself and post something about them when I saw your post. Just don't mind me.  Cheesy
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 01, 20:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado told us in the chat that it was a bad idea to resurrect the Tricou's since they all had corrupted death memories.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 01, 20:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How exactly?  They've worked fine in my game.  But I did edit some of their more obviously faulty memories.

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 01, 20:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on, I'll try to find the part where he talks about it....

EDIT:  Okay, here it is:

[22:43] Pescado: Guess what nice little bomb I found lurking in the Tricous?
[22:43] Pescado: CORRUPTED DEATH MEMORIES.
[22:44] * Pescado suggests you never resurrect them. Tongue
[22:44] Pescado: They have double memories of every single one of their dead family members...
[22:44] Pescado: The second invisible one being the corrupted death memory.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 01, 20:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they were among the things I edited out.  I don't like invisible memories that belong to the sim I'm editing!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 01, 20:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a good call.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 01, 20:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, most sims seem to have these darned invisible memories of something they've already remembered!  just seemed logical they shouldn't have two!  Another thing that really got me in my current (revived) hood, is that Ivy Copur (the adult one) has only the memories she started out with, but some of my sims had wierd memores "Ivy Copur got joined union" amd then "Ivy Copur got married" - and none of them had even met her!  And how could she have both?  Deleted those memories, obviously!

Zephyr Zodiac
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 02, 05:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speed, don't you have a previous saved neighbourhood to restore, and thus get Jeff back?

I think that that's enough to know him, without being friends, to resurrect him. Use the Buyable rewards of Two-Jeffs.

Actually, I do have a saved neighborhood.  Every now and then I back up in case of that big fiery ball thing.  Overall, I take my chances.   If Jeff is dead, Jeff is dead.  If it were that big a deal I would not have saved when I noticed it and found out if he still lived before my last save.  The curiousity thing I did not expect.  Had I known I would not be able to look in Jeff's memories to see what killed him I might have exited w/o saving just to find out.

Ah well.  I played today and never remembered to check if anyone was mourning.  Maybe tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: