More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 02:55:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lot debugger problem?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot debugger problem?  (Read 6109 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Lot debugger problem?
« on: 2005 August 01, 17:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some weird things happen when I click "nuke kicky bags" on the debugger. If any sims were actually playing kicky bag or about to start playing (and I was unaware of it), they will freeze and, when selected, their plumbobs will blink. Almost all sims on the lot will just stand there, idle. They can look around, but can't be told to do anything, or even be interacted with. The only sims I've noticed that are unaffected are any that were "hanging out" at the time. I have to delete and reset each sim to get them all back to normal.

Also, unrelated and just a question, what are "broken mood boosts"?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Lot debugger problem?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 21:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you asked this, I keep meaning to and forgetting.  I have clicked it when I've seen it, but I have no idea what I'm clicking, and it doesn't seem to alter anything.  I think I only see it when there are visitors on the lot, so maybe they're the only ones whose mood boosts (?) get broken.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 02, 02:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Broken Mood Boosts are sims whose moods do not match their aspirational status and needs. This will result in the jarring and unpleasant surprise of not being promoted when you go to work, among other things. Generally it's best to do a fix-mood-boosts before attempting a finicky social, as well, as if the mood is broken, sims tend to be unexplainably angry as a result, one of the reasons why "Go Steady" rarely works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 03, 21:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably explains why townies are always so miserable, then.  As I said above, I only seem to get this when there are visitors on the lot, especially townies.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 02:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, the only time I get the menu option is when I have visitors over. Not just townies. Seems my sims are a happy bunch until visitors arrive.

fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 02:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if the mood is broken, sims tend to be unexplainably angry

I would've thought your Sims had PLENTY to be unexplainably angry about, broken mood boosts sound like the least of their problems, what with all the death/destruction/burnination going on.....
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 02:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would've thought your Sims had PLENTY to be unexplainably angry about, broken mood boosts sound like the least of their problems, what with all the death/destruction/burnination going on.....

Oh, but don't you see? All this death/destruction/burnination serves as a mood booster in JM's neighborhood. You should see his cow-plant dorm. Puddles and gravestones all over the place, and a JM descendant in cool shades watching, pointing and laughing :D

Actually I made up the pointing and laughing, but it is easily imagined.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 09:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, but don't you see? All this death/destruction/burnination serves as a mood booster in JM's neighborhood. You should see his cow-plant dorm. Puddles and gravestones all over the place, and a JM descendant in cool shades watching, pointing and laughing Cheesy

Actually I made up the pointing and laughing, but it is easily imagined.
I'd say it's more conjectural than made up. Since it actually does occur. When a dormie he harassed repeatedly becomes chomped, naturally, he laughs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 21:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims "point and laugh" and do similiar animations when "mourning" an enemy, as well as when that enemy dies. Is most amusing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: