More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:25:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Floating progress bars
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Floating progress bars  (Read 3356 times)
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Floating progress bars
« on: 2005 December 22, 10:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys -

Spending the holiday at my husband's parents' home in Australia; stupidly I forgot to copy my Downloads folder so I've had to redownload a lot of hacks.

I'm having a problem with the progress bars & I think it might be due to a conflicting hack or an old hack from this site that I downloaded in error (trying to do this quickly so I can get back to enjoying gameplay! Smiley)  I had a phone jump bug because of an old phone hack from here so that's my hunch.  Does anyone know what hack might affect progress bars?  My Sims will often have progress bars hovering over them even when they're not skill building; when they are, progress bars don't display their actual progress.

Other hacks I have in the game are jenflower's homework sometimes, & twojeff's casual romance. 

Thanks for your help!
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Floating progress bars
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 22, 10:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I haven't got any EPs.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 22, 10:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would perhaps be checking that the hacks you have (yes, sadly - all of them!) are not ep versions of some sort.

most things I've seen have been updated and I think it would actually be pretty hard to get base-game versions still - good luck!
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 22, 12:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do you have any of Squinges (MTS2) autonomous career rewards, I have noticed they sometimes do this.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 22, 16:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the EP's, the hacks that seem to do this are Inge's "Skill whiile reading" hacks coupled with Comm-skilling (even when on residential lots) and/or any of the Hard/Easy Skilling hacks made by omniloth.net/sims/ Basically any combo of these hacks would do it. Use only one of them and you are fine.

Just so you know, it isn't actually harmful. I chose to just let it happen. they still got their skills, I just didn't see the progress when they were doing it.

Fail.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 22, 16:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of JM's base game only mods are on MTS2. You might want to give it a try. And Happy Holidays in the Outback Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
philote
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 23, 02:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, everyone. I think I will follow Ness's advice and just go through each hack . . . remove and replace . . . OR just ignore it like SaraMK said.  Just a silly thing, really! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: