More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 10:40:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Noaging bug
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Noaging bug  (Read 4888 times)
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Noaging bug
« on: 2005 July 31, 10:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We twice encountered following bug: Sims promoting from University and moving back to neighbourhood do not age anymore.
Case1: Couple of PC students, both graduated , A had party, B moved out without party, A bought house in neighbourhood, B joined in the same instant, both did not age a day. Problem could be solved by moving them out together and moving into the same house again.
Case2: A PC student, graduated but no party, moved into house in neighbourhood. B NPC student, set to graduated with SimPE (did not have your very useful tool by then), still on campus and young adult, invited by A to her house and asked to move in, moved in with proper age transition, but afterwards both did not age anymore (up to that point A had aged normally). Not solved by moving out, aging on/off, boolprop errorfix.
I searched a lot of places for this bug, found it mentioned several times (so we are not the only ones and it does not seem dependent on hacks - by the way we only use yours including the critical fixes and some of TwoJeffs including his critical fixes) but no solution nor explanation.
So I hopefully come to the master of all masters of bugfixes (namely you) to ask for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nadira
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Noaging bug
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 31, 10:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known effect of any case where you created a normal-neighborhood lot by ripping it from a Uni neighborhood: Controllers such as the Aging Controller self-destruct when they find themselves at Uni, so these controllers are entirely absent and do not function until the lot is reset by evicting occupants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
CynicalChick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 31, 11:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran into something like this. I lost my original neighborhood.. yes, tossing families and their houses in the bin and moving them elsewhere  is BAD. So I started fresh with a new neighborhood. Since Uni was an option, I created everyone there as young adults.. The end result was a disater. No one aged and no one could have babies. It was a hideous mess that resulted in not just a complete reinstall but a registry sweep as well before all the data was removed. There was also a myserious lack of townies.. not a bad thing but very strange.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 31, 12:00:20 by CynicalChick » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 31, 13:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your original neighborhood you "lost" was Pleasantview, Pleasantview seems to somehow be linked to the creation of new neighborhoods. This means that if something happens to Pleasantview, things can happen to any new neighborhood you create.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 31, 14:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a known effect of any case where you created a normal-neighborhood lot by ripping it from a Uni neighborhood: Controllers such as the Aging Controller self-destruct when they find themselves at Uni, so these controllers are entirely absent and do not function until the lot is reset by evicting occupants.

Thank you very much for your prompt, precise and very helpful answer!!! I think I have understood you in the way (no chance to hide I am not a native English speaker) that if I pack and save a lot from the Campus and then load it into my neighborhood, this lot will still consider itself to be on the Campus. To me this is a very plausible explanation and is perfectly true in Case1, and now kowing about the problem I will certainly avoid this in future. But in Case2 the Sims moved out of the first house and into one of the original neighborhood lots (it is a selfcreated neighborhood), but the bug did not resolve. Should they have moved back into the same house? Or is there another explanation which would help us to reset the aging controller of this family?
Usually a silent follower of your work I am very thankful for all you do and for the help from your hacks and replies, as the game would for long have been unplayable without them.
Nadira
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 31, 15:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the same issue: broken aging controller, or "aging off" has been toggled. As usual, moving out to force full reset will clear this up.

Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 31, 18:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the same issue: broken aging controller, or "aging off" has been toggled. As usual, moving out to force full reset will clear this up.
Problem now solved! Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!! I return to quiescence again....
Nadira
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: