More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 09:58:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Skins glitch
0 Members and 14 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skins glitch  (Read 35056 times)
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Skins glitch
« on: 2005 December 08, 19:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the not inconsiderable risk of getting zapped into a small yet difficult-to-remove greasy smudge I'm bravely going to ask a question of you scary folks.
I'm playing a legacy challenge (yes I know BAAAAA I'm woolly, have all the brainpower of George Bush and go nicely with mint sauce) and have a problem with the computer randomly selecting bizarre outfits for my legacy sims. So far I have had a sim who defauts to a pink  Social Bunny outfit (minus head) whenever she whoohoos, a bloke who works out in a fireman outfit, a Mad Scientist who goes to work in a maid outfit and now one who swims and hot-tubs in a mailcarrier uniform.
I'm aware that bringing an NPC into a player-family adds all the available NPC outfits to the dresser but the computer does seem to be a touch confused here!. The bug is easily fixed by selecting a less ludicrous choice from the dresser and that is fine until the bug randomly pops up again a few generations on.
For your convienience and comfort I only have the base game, have no hacks but some custom content  and.....oh dear you thought it couldn't get any worse....am a mac-user.
Any advice/mockery/public stoning to death gratefully accepted

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
Re: Skins glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 08, 19:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people here do not zap newcomers. As long as they are polite. And not trolls. Okay, some people here will, but not most.

Nothing wrong with playing a legacy. Lots of folks here do that. Most play with modified rules, but everyone should play their game how they choose.

I have never seen this particular glitch. Other than a hack (which you say you don't have) conflict, I don't know what it could be. Have you ever downloaded lots? Have you used clean installer to see if unknown cc somehow snuck into your game? If not, I don't have a clue. But, I wanted to reply to you anyway, in the hopes that I could reassure you about us big bad scary folks.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 08, 19:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it may be a Mac-specific problem and you couldn't, I think, use the clean Installer could I suggest that there is a Mac expert over at SimFreaks Forum with his own sub-Forum?  If no-one here comes up with a solution, you could certainly ask over there.

Have you left all your downloads loose in the Downloads folder?  If so, and you only have a few, and have kept a copy of everything, could I suggest that you scrap it, and start again.  This time, put all your objects into one folder (with subfolders as and when you wish) and the same for Walls and Floors.  You can't do it with skins until you get Nightlife, but they can go into Saved Sims where they will work fine.  Then, having done that, if you did inadvertently download anything with a house, it will be GONE, and if you have it happen again in the future, it will be easy to spot the problem files as they will be the only ones in Downloads.

Another thing you can do which might clear the problem up, is to delete your Groups Cache file which is in the Sims2 folder , then when your game loads up again, it will generate a new one which will have none of the data saved into the old one, and which could include something which is causing this to happen.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 08, 19:56:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people here do not zap newcomers. As long as they are polite. And not trolls. Okay, some people here will, but not most.

Nothing wrong with playing a legacy. Lots of folks here do that. Most play with modified rules, but everyone should play their game how they choose.

I have never seen this particular glitch. Other than a hack (which you say you don't have) conflict, I don't know what it could be. Have you ever downloaded lots? Have you used clean installer to see if unknown cc somehow snuck into your game? If not, I don't have a clue. But, I wanted to reply to you anyway, in the hopes that I could reassure you about us big bad scary folks.
I wonder if perhaps a lot had a all clothing tool in in that was downloaded/

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 08, 19:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Peers out carefully from behind mac...yup, no mobs with pitchforks in sight. I think but am not certain that the problem may be mac-only. I used to play Sims 1 and macs seem to be predisposed to minor skinning errors. I have always had difficulty with downloaded skins and problems with meshes. I think that the machine is just failing to recognise the clothing categories.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 08, 20:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a Mac specific problem, it's happened to me to in a family that Kaylynn the maid moved into. Her kids, when growing up into adults, would have the social bunny outfits as a default for their work-out gear, formal and swimming outfits, at least. Imagine the embarrassment when they turned up at a wedding in pink and yellow bunny outfits! I think I have a picture of that somewhere... here:

And then the son also decided to take a dip in the swimming pool:

For his workout gear, he chose the blue bunny outfit:

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 08, 20:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The trouble is, all those long file names make it impossible to see what you've got, but Macs also work diffently than PCs in that I think you have to rename a lot of files anyway, so it might depend on what the uploader had renamed them to in their game as to whether they would be recognisable.   And I'm pretty sure you can't use SimPE on a Mac, and I don't know what the equivalent programme is.

I think, IB, since you say it's happened in your game, that you are right and the problem is not Mac-specific, but you may need Mac specific tools to help solve it.

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 08, 20:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that I've read about a Mac compatible version of SimPE someplace.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 08, 20:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great pics! And I have to say that this sentence reminds me of playing MadLibs:  Cheesy

At the not inconsiderable risk of getting zapped into a small yet difficult-to-remove greasy smudge I'm bravely going to ask a question of you scary folks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 08, 20:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps they've adapted it now.  I could nip over to SF and ask Peter, I'm sure he'd know if they had, and where you can get it, but I don't know when he'll have the opportunity to get back to me.

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 08, 20:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to know it isn't just a mac problem! I asked this on the BBS and got a whole bunch of "LOL that is SOOOOOOO funny" responses but nothing useful.

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 08, 20:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't find anything about a Mac version in the SimPE release news, so maybe I was just dreaming. In a post from October at the SimPE forum Quaxi says it's not fully compatible, but I don't know if anything has happened since then.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 08, 20:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just popped over to SF and posted a request in the Mac section there and as soon as I get a response I'll get back with any information I get.

Avie, the link to the thread is:

http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?showtopic=4501

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 08, 20:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your quick responses and useful information...or to put it another way You is Gr8 plz tell me if TwinzRcute workz benes!!!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 08, 20:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You is Gr8 plz tell me if TwinzRcute workz benes!!!

I understood the english part of your post, Avie, but I can't understand this!  I certainly couldn't write in DoubleBBSSpeakDutch! Grin

As I said, I don't know how long it will be before I get a reply.

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 08, 20:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Erm how to put this? I was extracting the urine?

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 08, 20:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wha???

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 08, 20:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think I knew that - but I'm still amazed at the language skill involved in being able to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 08, 20:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kno M8 soz if my Ntsk woz shite
Eat spag for twinz

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 08, 20:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for your quick responses and useful information...or to put it another way You is Gr8 plz tell me if TwinzRcute workz benes!!!

Uhh Avie this isnt the BBS no bene's here

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 08, 20:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Avie knows that!  She came here for our wit and wisdom, obviously goes there to learn BBSSpeak so she can take the piss out of them! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 08, 20:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well spotted ZephyrZodiac. You is g8 . But plz  I want PETZ

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 08, 20:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eyes! My eyes!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 08, 20:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was Pescado's eyes you were concerned about, Brynne!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 08, 21:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was Pescado's eyes you were concerned about, Brynne!
yep thats it all right after he tortured Sim Brynne

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: