More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 06:03:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Skins glitch
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skins glitch  (Read 34939 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Skins glitch
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 08, 21:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, poor sim Brynne. Always peeing. Sheesh.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 08, 21:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, poor sim Brynne. Always peeing. Sheesh.

makes me glad he doesnt have Sim Bangelnuts as far as I Know anyway he would probably code me to puke all over the place

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 08, 21:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't give him ideas, Bangel.  Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 08, 21:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't give him ideas, Bangel.  Wink
He probably already has that idea for someone elses Self Sim Tongue most likely for one he wants and hasnt gotten yet

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 08, 21:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you thought of cloning half a dozen Pescado toddlers and relating them all to him in SimPE, then moving him in as the lone adult with all these toddlers?  And they could all wear blusher!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 08, 21:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ that is pure BRILLIANCE!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 08, 21:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you thought of cloning half a dozen Pescado toddlers and relating them all to him in SimPE, then moving him in as the lone adult with all these toddlers?  And they could all wear blusher!
now there's a good Idea ;DI have the adult Pescado in My Sim Bin I think I will put him in the game in a bunker with 7 toddlers link the elder grouch as Daddy to his adult version and grandpa to seven toddlers all wearing Blush and put him in the Bunker with the 8 other pescado's already there. Reggikkos Bunker will be perfect for that.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 08, 21:30:00 by Bangelnuts » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 08, 21:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the toddlers could all have potties, but you could do the Email challenge for JM!

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 08, 22:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Potties? Christ on a BIKE folk...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 08, 23:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you'd need them so Pescado could do all that potty training!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 09, 01:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK ZZ and Brynne I present to you J.M. Pescado  his Son James and J.M. Pescado's 7 Grandchildren.Note they are filling up his qeue rapidly Grin the boys have on self tanner .the 3 girls Healthy glow.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 09, 01:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, Bangel LOL
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 09, 02:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome, Bangel LOL
Brynne as you can see I have red hair for the toddler girls that you use on your toddlers where did you get the other colors?glad you like the Pescado family JM was no sooner Moved in than all four Toddler Boys started demanding his attention the bunker is Reggikko's from Laverwinkle so life is about to get pretty Cramped in that bunker with 7 toddlers Grin

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 09, 02:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome to More Awesome Than You, Avie - the forum populated by insane simmers with ADHD, OCD and a whole load of other psychiatric conditions, and who cannot stay on-topic for more than 2 posts at a time Cheesy. You rang?

Seriously, this is what happens when we have no idea what's going on in your game. Keep watching the thread, and eventually someone will come up with the answer. Eventually. After we've waffled about all kinds of other things (the toddler blusher thing should really be in another thread entirely, but never mind, eh?).

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 09, 02:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly Avie if we had a clue why you and others are getting this oddity we would all be happy to give you assistance.the only thing I can suggest is running your downloads folder through SimPE health scanner and make sure your downloaded custom clothing meshes etc are ok. and run a cleanpack scan make sure you dont have any empty packages causing a problem. as the game will often substitue some odd choices when a mesh is present but no corresponding skins

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 09, 02:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avie, I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I wanted to say welcome. You don't seem sheep-like at all to me. In fact, judging by your sarcasm, I'd say you'd fit in quite nicely here.  Cheesy
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 09, 03:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you an Aussie by any chance Avie?  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 09, 06:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avie, PeterG has posted a reply to my question.  It appears there is a program available for looking into downloads.

If the enquirer just needs a way to look into some of her downloads and read the package index, she could try my DBPF reader which is available from Atelier Quebec

If you need more help, then he really is the guy to ask.  (Remember Travels with Buddha?)

And it seems it could be a while yet before there's a SimPE for Mac.

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 09, 09:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since moving an NPC into the family adds all the NPC outfits into the wardrobe, it doesn't surprise me that sims in the family get those outfits when they grow up. When the bunny outfit thing happened to me several months ago, I didn't have any custom meshes and very little custom content in my game otherwise, so I doubt it has anything to do with those. But, of course I can't know for sure. Just seems like a sort of a bug in the game (that the outfits show up in all the clothing categories).

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 09, 10:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing a legacy challenge (yes I know BAAAAA I'm woolly, have all the brainpower of George Bush and go nicely with mint sauce)

If you are a sheep for playing the Legacy Challenge, then that makes me a Shepherd, as I co-own a Yahoo Group for the Legacy Challenge. 

If you haven't had your fill, feel free to join us sometime if you haven't already Wink 

Yahoo Legacy Challenge Group

Happy Simming,
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

« Last Edit: 2005 December 09, 10:25:48 by Ivy » Logged

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 09, 10:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HI Avie,

Don't worry we only burninate people for being throughlly retarded and annoying, since you have so far been neither you are probably safe. well except from Pescado but he makes fun of everybody.

And if you do happen to annoy us too much we'll just kick you to Retardo Land.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 09, 12:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since moving an NPC into the family adds all the NPC outfits into the wardrobe, it doesn't surprise me that sims in the family get those outfits when they grow up. When the bunny outfit thing happened to me several months ago, I didn't have any custom meshes and very little custom content in my game otherwise, so I doubt it has anything to do with those. But, of course I can't know for sure. Just seems like a sort of a bug in the game (that the outfits show up in all the clothing categories).

I agree, IB that you would get the wardrobe - but NPCs don't swim in their work clothes, the maids for starters all have their own bikinis!  So something could be interfering with the normal working of the wardrobe functions (like a hack) causing things like swimming in the social bunny's outfit,

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 09, 13:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPCs themselves, I'd imagine, have assigned outfits for those categories already, while the sims that are born and grow up get an outfit randomly selected. If you go to the wardrobe in a family like that, all the NPC outfits show up in every category of clothing, if I remember correctly. This was, I'm pretty sure, before I had any hacks in the game, a couple of weeks after I'd started playing the game last January.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 09, 13:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH, well, I only ever moved one NPC into the game, but I don't remember the Pleasant family wardrobe being thus encumbered!  And I can't see why they would show up in all catefories!  Pity, since there's an option in the wardrobe to Change for Work, they didn't just have a Work Clothes section which would have meant all uniforms etc. could have been in their own section and less annoying.

Zephyr Zodiac
Avie
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 09, 18:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Zephyr I'll certainly look into that and it was very kind of you to look into it on my behalf.
One of the mac forums I posted to suggested this may be a problem with file extensions as macs have a filename limitation built into the OS. That was known to be the cause of skinning errors in Sims 1 and various shrinker programmes were available to shorten filenames and make skins useable on the platform.
Once again thanks to everyone for your input.
The words "Chocolate" and "Fireguard" tend to spring to mind when considering the usefulness of the BBS responses I got.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: